Just got a Priv... liking it, but having problems using it with my Pebble Time.

It pairs fine, and everything works. All seems good.

But: the Pebble Time now drains it's battery from 100% to 0% in under 24 hours (it used to make at least 5 days using it with my old LG). At the same time, the Priv's battery is draining like crazy too, with about 75% of the drain showing as Bluetooth and the Pebble Time app.

Priv has all updates installed, as does the Pebble Time (and I've tried a factory reset on it). The Time doesn't drain fast when Bluetooth is off, and the Priv has the expected battery life when the Pebble app is uninstalled (even with Bluetooth still on).

It looks like it's the Pebble Time app, and that for some reason there is a huge amount of Bluetooth traffic - or that the normal amount of traffic is consuming an massively abnormal amount of power (from both ends).

Anyone with a Priv and a Pebble experienced this? Or anyone have the two working fine and have no idea what I'm talking about?

(Have posted this on the Pebble forum also.)

Cheers,
    Graham.
    03-21-16 10:45 AM
    I have the old pebble with the new pebble time os installed. I have experienced a solar battery drain to that of my Z30 and I get 4-5 days when it is hooked up with my PRIV. And that is with fairly heavy notification traffic. Hope this helps some.

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    03-21-16 10:53 AM
    I have the older pebble time steel with the new firmware and I have the pebble time app on my Priv. My watch last about 5 days and the Priv is lasting 1.5 days with no problems. My Bluetooth stays on 24 hours and the watch stays connected 24 hours. Not sure what is causing your issue. Maybe needs a restart?
    03-21-16 11:17 AM
    Thanks for replying, guys. At least it's good to know it can work! The Pebble Time app seems to be keeping the device awake, as well as hammering Bluetooth (which seems to be what's draining the watch too). Why it's doing that for me and not you, I'm still at a loss. I feel like I've tried every setting relating to Bluetooth or sleep/wake, and have re-started the handset a few times, but there's obviously something I've missed. I remove the Pebble app, and I get the kind of battery life you report (much as I got using the LG I had previously). I see other people reporting similar issues with Pebbles, on a variety of devices, dating back more than a year. But I don't see a solution... one guy says his just suddenly started working fine...

Thanks again.
    Graham.
    03-24-16 03:26 AM
    I have the Pebble Steel with new app and firmware. My watch is connected 24/7...I only charge it on Sunday nights. This is the same routine I've followed with iPhone 5S, ATT PRIV, and now my Vz PRIV. The only time I notice an significant dip in either battery is when I install a new app and don't adjust notifications. Trivia Crack was a big offender, but not so much that I was scrambling for the charger.
    03-24-16 08:52 AM
    It seems like the pebble time app drains my priv's battery! Even when I don't have my pebble paired, just from it running in the background. This is another reason why I enjoyed BlackBerry 10, I can actually close the apps (with the exception of the permission of staying open in the background in BB10)

Up until early this week, I had the original pebble with the new time firmware.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-25-16 02:06 AM
    My pebble time and priv work well together!

03-25-16 03:49 AM
    It seems like the pebble time app drains my priv's battery! Even when I don't have my pebble paired, just from it running in the background. This is another reason why I enjoyed BlackBerry 10, I can actually close the apps (with the exception of the permission of staying open in the background in BB10)

Up until early this week, I had the original pebble with the new time firmware.

Does the pebble app show up in your battery usage?
    03-25-16 08:45 AM
    Does the pebble app show up in your battery usage?
    I didn't check, but I uninstalled / reinstalled three times and I realized my priv battery was lasting longer.

But it did kept showing up in taskmanager (bytehamster) and I couldn't "kill it" nor force close it within the android settings.

03-25-16 09:17 PM
    I'm getting 4-6 days with my pebble time on the priv. I'd recommend doing a factory reset of the pebble and then reloading the pebble apps. I had to do that when I synced the pebble with my other android phone.
    03-25-16 09:47 PM

But: the Pebble Time now drains it's battery from 100% to 0% in under 24 hours (it used to make at least 5 days using it with my old LG). At the same time, the Priv's battery is draining like crazy too, with about 75% of the drain showing as Bluetooth and the Pebble Time app.

Priv has all updates installed, as does the Pebble Time (and I've tried a factory reset on it). The Time doesn't drain fast when Bluetooth is off, and the Priv has the expected battery life when the Pebble app is uninstalled (even with Bluetooth still on).

It looks like it's the Pebble Time app, and that for some reason there is a huge amount of Bluetooth traffic - or that the normal amount of traffic is consuming an massively abnormal amount of power (from both ends).

Anyone with a Priv and a Pebble experienced this? Or anyone have the two working fine and have no idea what I'm talking about?

Cheers,
    Graham.
    WOWOW Im totally shocked!Iget at least three full days of notifications and usage from one full charge. I suspect its prolly the watch face u are using as some are coded to use higher amounts of resources compared to other watch faces or the battery is defective. Ive uses three Pebble watches and have never had the drain that you described.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    03-26-16 02:40 PM
    Priv and time working fine, seems like less strong vibrations on alert but I get a few days between charges for the watch and phone lasts full day plus

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Berrydroid
    03-27-16 05:42 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I was hoping this was some BlackBerry magic that was making the Priv behave slightly differently from other Android devices to cause this problem. But it appears it's just mine! It actually worked fine for a couple of days (phone lasted almost two whole days, and the watch lost only about 30%), of course exactly as I got a mail from Pebble support asking for logs! But then went back to it's old draining trick. Both the Pebble and the Priv work fine when not connected to each other (though, obviously, that does limit the Pebble's usefulness!). I wonder what's different about my Priv - assuming it's the Priv that's the factor...
    04-08-16 08:01 AM
    Had similar issues, Bluetooth was the top drain of the battery. Tried all suggested remedies and finally returned the Pebble.
    04-08-16 08:39 AM
    I use the Pebble time steel and can usually get about 4 days battery life with frequent notifications going on.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    04-08-16 04:38 PM

Cheers,
    Graham.
    This is probably the app holding wakelocks and spinning on bluetooth I/O.

Unfortunately there's no fix YOU can perform, other than harassing the Pebble people to fix their damn app!
    04-08-16 05:45 PM
    This turned out to be an interaction between the Pebble app and the JAYS headphone app. Removed the JAYS app and all is well.
    05-09-16 04:34 AM
    Don't have any problems with my Time Steele.
    Have you forgotten your previous phone on your Pebble and if that didn't help have you done a factory reset on your watch? (installed apps are linked to your Pebble account - watchface and watchapp settings will be gone)

Edit: duh' ... just saw that you solved your issue.
    05-09-16 07:49 AM

Cheers,
    Graham.
    That's a bit of a surprise as I use the Pebble time steel and can typically get around 4 days or so of batt life even with a constant stream of alerts going off. Could the battery be defective!?

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    05-09-16 10:28 AM
    Yep, I don't see that performance with a pebble time steel... could be the watchface you chose... try different ones and monitor if the problem persists

05-09-16 11:35 AM
    What apps do you have installed on your pebble? Could one of them be the culprit.

05-09-16 12:00 PM