Hi!
    Got my Priv(stv100-4) yesterday,and after setting it up i realised that pbk gestures is not working.
    It is enabled in settings,the phone has the latest updates and all blackberry apps are also updated. I also tried the "factory reset" several times.
    Everything else is working perfect so i don,t see what causes this. Is there a setting somewhere that i am missing or did i just get a defective device?
    If possible i would reflash the firmware,but haven,t found a way to do that.
    Sombody have a good advise for me?
    Was hoping to avoid sending it back for replacement...
    Last edited by Johnpetter; 01-27-16 at 04:20 PM.
    01-27-16 03:39 PM
    Hi!
    Got my Priv(stv100-4) yesterday,and after setting it up i realised that pbk gestures is not working.
    It is enabled in settings,the phone has the latest updates and all blackberry apps are also updated. I also tried the "factory reset" several times.
    Everything else is working perfect so i don,t see what causes this. Is there a setting somewhere that i am missing or did i just get a defective device?
    If possible i would reflash the firmware,but haven,t found a way to do that.
    Sombody have a good advise for me?
    Was hoping to avoid sending it back for replacement...
    Personally I would not recommend flashing any firmware on the Priv. It sounds like you have done the obvious things and the problem still exists, I would say return the device for a replacement just to play it safe.
    01-27-16 04:57 PM
    It is enabled in settings,the phone has the latest updates and all blackberry apps are also updated.
    Do you have the BlackBerry software keyboard selected? It doesn't work with other software keyboards afaik.
    cleveland216 likes this.
    01-27-16 05:00 PM
    You said blackberry apps have been updated... did you do them individually? Or as part of 'updated' all apps?

I've had my Priv since launch (and still learning/adjusting :-). But I remember from back then that it's imperative that you select 'blackberry limited" in Google store search and open each installed app and click update icon.

I don't remember the reason and can not find the original thread but, for some reason the BlackBerry apps need to be updated this way for 1 time only and then subsequent 'auto update' or 'update all' does the job.

And then just for good measure; reboot phone and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps! It did for me.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    01-27-16 05:20 PM
    Thanks for replying and good suggestions.
    I only have the blackberry keyboard installed. I also did a new factory reset and updated the blackberry apps one by one.
    Did,nt work so i am returning the device. Hopefully i,m getting a good one next time.
    01-28-16 02:28 PM
    Hi John

Does the rest of the physical keyboard still work? Can you punch in a letter in a message?
    I see that you updated the apps, etc. and I assume OS too?

Goto: Settings->Language and Input->Physical Keyboard - is that toggle on?

If you are in a browser window with a website up, and you open the slider and slide your fingers up and down, I assume nothing happens? Do you see this everywhere or just in specific Apps?

Regards,
    Jay

Disclaimer - I work for BlackBerry but this isn't my area of expertise. Just looking to help out if I can.
    01-29-16 11:22 AM
    The only keyboard gesture I find that does not work compared to the passport is pinch to zoom
    01-30-16 08:04 AM
    I find that when using pkb, it's not possible to swipe up to complete the word. I either have to swipe up on the virtual keyboard or complete typing the whole word. First world problem, I know but after having been used the sweet Passport keyboard I do find that this lack of swipe ability does bring my typing speed down several notches.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 11:37 AM
    I only can use it for typing(like on my Q10)
    Non of the touch features works. Meaning i can,t scroll in web pages or apps. Can,t use it as an trackpad or "flick" up words when typing.
    The device is returned now so i can only hope i get a replacement that works and with proper build quality.
    I live in Norway and orderd from the UK so i can,t keep on returning phones. It going to cost me...
    01-30-16 03:48 PM
    Update!
    Recived my replacement unit yesterday,and i am very satisfied with this one. Good built quality and the slider is perfect.
    Pbk works as it should. Scrolling everywhere,flick up words when typing,trackpad,cursor in text fields,swipe left to delete words. And in pictures taken with the phone,pinch to zoom also works. I,ve been using the samsung note2 and note edge,but to me this is a better phone.
    Also have the Q10,and have enjoyed using it for the last few weeks,but thats a different story ;-)
    fanisk likes this.
    02-17-16 06:04 AM