Now that I have owned the BB priv for just a little over a week, these are my personal thoughts on the Priv. I ended up Selling my passport the other day,, struggled to hold on to it because the Priv became my Primary Business phone and really started to get hold of the Android platform. I thought I would keep my Passport for another 6 months but the Priv is really starting to wear off on me.

Things I love now.

- The speed on the priv is super fast and snappy for Apps, Games, Messaging and in some things the apps run a lot faster on the Priv than it did on passport, atleast the Native Android apps that I loaded through Snap. Perfect example is Waze.. This thing pops up as soon as I press it. On my passport it took 3 seconds to fully open up.

- The screen is a joy to work with,, love the colors and the brightness.. Really sharp when looking at Photos, Email, Video and no lag at all.

- The battery is at par with the passport and I have full brightness on my screen. I know some people complained about battery Life on priv, but I have no issues. I know that with my passport at first never got amazing battery life, but when I did security wipe and started fresh, then the battery lasted a whole day. When I got the priv, I didn't transfer anything except my SMS messages and everything else was a clean install and I made sure I updated all the BB apps and google updates.. Not sure if this is what gives me great battery Life. I also don't have any cracks or rattles. Also my priv doesn't get super hot as other people have indicated it. Its normal compared to my Passport , the z10 was horrible for heat. The z30 was great with no heat at all. So somewhere around the passport level. I am wondering if the latest versions of the priv they have addressed some of these issues.

- Camera.. Wow I finally have BB phone that takes great photos.. I took a picture of my boy in the hockey dressing room and the quality was super sharp and clean. I am also a semi pro photographer who USES professional SLR camera and lens , so I know quality. I am no longer shamed to pull out my cell and take photos. The front camera is still ok, but I am not a good looking guy so I don't do selfies.

- The apps.. wow, they run real fast and never crash anymore,, every app so far that I installed works flawlessly. I had to download Amazon app store from their side to get the apps that I bought for my passport.

- The hub is good on it, Like I said in the last review, its 10x better than I thought. Once you get used to it, it does 80% of what OS10 hub did. All my messages come in fine..

Things Need improving or don't like.

- Hate the front speakers and headphone jack is very low.. Installed power amp, helped a bit, BB please increase the volume. Coming from the Passport these speakers are bellow what is expected in high end phone.

- Hub, as much as I am getting use to it, I am hopping in the next release they add more features like Pinch, and Highlight a message or email and have more options like OS10.

- Multitasking on Android. not even close to OS10..

- settings of android choppy and not as detailed as BB OS 10.

- Keyboard , not bad, but could have made it better. I am comparing it to the passport which was a killer keyboard. My fingers are now getting use to it and I use the hard keyboard 65% of the time .

Overall conclusion so far:

The priv is a keeper at the end, I ended up selling my passport, the transition was a lot easier than I thought. I would give it so far 8.75 out of 10.. The OS is only going to get better in time and look forward to future BB Android phones. My ultimate BB/Android phone would be a passport with a wide screen and longer 16:9 format almost like a mini tablet. The build quality of the passport and the keyboard, speakers, call quality of the passport. I would even get a slider version of the Passport . The square screen is great wide but hurts us for some apps that don't format properly.

Part 2 : 1 week from switching from Passport to Priv-bb-passport_2.png
    02-07-16 02:08 PM
    Nice, good to see these things once in a while.
    ArsenG likes this.
    02-07-16 02:10 PM
    I was thinking the same thing kind of. I wish they went with the three row Passport keyboard in the 16:9 slider format, with a bit wider screen, maybe 5.7 inches. It would be huge when open but the keyboard would be great.
    ArsenG and kg4icg like this.
    02-07-16 02:18 PM
    I was thinking the same thing kind of. I wish they went with the three row Passport keyboard in the 16:9 slider format, with a bit wider screen, maybe 5.7 inches. It would be huge when open but the keyboard would be great.
    I am glad you feel the same way with a future BB/Android Phone. A little bit wider would be awesome but has to have the same build quality as the passport. I remember when I got the passport, so many people were blown away with the phone. I don't get as many looks like the priv as I did with the passport until I slide out the keyboard.
    jm1219 likes this.
    02-07-16 02:26 PM
    I am glad you feel the same way with a future BB/Android Phone. A little bit wider would be awesome but has to have the same build quality as the passport. I remember when I got the passport, so many people were blown away with the phone. I don't get as many looks like the priv as I did with the passport until I slide out the keyboard.
    Yeah well the Passport was such a different form factor it caught the eye right away. I don't think they could make a slider as solid as they made the Passport since sliders have moving parts. Maybe then their best bet would be going with something like the picture you embedded.
    02-07-16 02:30 PM
    I'm definitely looking at the Priv but any talk of when bbm video will be available?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 02:45 PM
    I'm definitely looking at the Priv but any talk of when bbm video will be available?

Posted via CB10
    Great point why they dont have bbm video on android or ios. If you want to compete with other messenger app, why not have this feature

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-07-16 02:54 PM
    Totally agree. Not sure what the hold up it. Assuming must be some technical issues. It could only help with its popularity in the long run. I use bbm video a lot on my Q10 so if I go Priv I would want video.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 04:22 PM
    Might be too expensive for them to host the video on their servers by opening it up to Android and iOS users.
    02-07-16 04:32 PM
    I got my wife a Priv, I have a Passport. I actually like the ease of holding the Priv in one hand. For me holding my Passport one handed is a bit of a balancing act. I definitely prefer the width of the Classic.
    02-07-16 04:46 PM
    I have had the Priv for a while now, and agree that the screen and camera are nice. But the hub implementation is frustrating at times, and the email apps I have tried are still slow to update compared to BB10. I also sold my Passport and Classic, but held onto my older, battered Z10. Went back to it and updated firmware and loaded Cobalt Google software, which has improved Android app performance. Surprised how fast and fluid it is..and now I understand why my wife refused to give up my old Z30...
    Hanging onto the Priv for now,maybe Marshmallow will improve it. I used to use Android until I discovered BB10, now I see I was right..

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 07:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't hold your breath
    02-08-16 12:56 AM
    Speaking of BBM, I too hope they add the video component as well as the screen share feature. My parents struggled with smartphones and I struggled with patience helping them through their many smartphone issues. I have to say, screen share through BBM was a life saver and saved me much money on family counseling.

ArsenG, FF22 and gebco like this.
    02-08-16 03:42 AM
    Speaking of BBM, I too hope they add the video component as well as the screen share feature. My parents struggled with smartphones and I struggled with patience helping them through their many smartphone issues. I have to say, screen share through BBM was a life saver and saved me much money on family counseling.

Agree! I use bbm video a lot as it works really well and I do basic tech support for family with screen share for sure.

One of the main things keeping me from the Priv outside of the $
    Is bbm video and blend
    02-08-16 05:28 PM
    Congratulations !! Good to see your smooth transition from Passport to Priv . I am happy to see such a positive feedback about the device . I also own the Priv and am still trying to come to the terms with the device . I am enjoying my Passport and the Priv together .
    02-09-16 02:03 AM