Do you work for BlackBerry KMarandi?
    Sorry for my late response. I was at CES last week. I do indeed work at BlackBerry, as does smcv. We like to be involved here as much as possible because it's a great way to keep in touch with the people we want to keep happy! Any opinions or thoughts we express though are our own. We're not representing BlackBerry in an official manner.

Just in case people don't realize, the update is live with the fix for panorama rendering. Thanks again to the CB community for pointing it out.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-11-16 12:37 PM
    Sorry for my late response. I was at CES last week. I do indeed work at BlackBerry, as does smcv. We like to be involved here as much as possible because it's a great way to keep in touch with the people we want to keep happy! Any opinions or thoughts we express though are our own. We're not representing BlackBerry in an official manner.

Just in case people don't realize, the update is live with the fix for panorama rendering. Thanks again to the CB community for pointing it out.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1057781

I opened this one. If you fell like it can help, leave a post and explain why ;-)

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 01:23 PM
    No idea what the issue is, but my guess is that it's probably something stupid like the 2016 date change and a bug saving the file types with the new date. My only suspicion of the one thing that changed for all of us over the past week.
    Very close
    We'll get this fixed in Google Play in a couple of days! In the meantime, if you need your panorama fix, you could try downloading the Google Camera. Sorry everyone!!!
    At least we didn't freeze because of this 2016 bug where Nest Thermostat Glitch Leaves Users in the Cold and on top BB fixed it quickly

Matt Rogers, the co-founder and vice president for engineering at Nest, blamed a software update from December. �We had a bug that was introduced in the software update that didn�t show up for about two weeks,� Mr. Rogers said apologetically. In January, devices went offline, and �that�s when things started to heat up.�
    01-15-16 07:21 AM
    thanks for the note.. will take a look!
    Were you able to see what I was trying to describe?

Thanks!
    01-27-16 05:30 PM
    Were you able to see what I was trying to describe?

Thanks!
    yup, fixed in the next update.
    01-27-16 10:02 PM
    how did it fix
    03-22-16 07:43 AM
    On the topic of shooting in panoramic mode why can't it shoot in landscape mode?? Was in England last month and took 1000+ pics and not one could I do like that?? Regrettably I had to send mine in for repair yes u guessed it clicky screen hope to have it back this week.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 08:24 AM
    On the topic of shooting in panoramic mode why can't it shoot in landscape mode?? Was in England last month and took 1000+ pics and not one could I do like that?? Regrettably I had to send mine in for repair yes u guessed it clicky screen hope to have it back this week.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if anyone else has the issue, but if you tap the panorama button while in portrait then turn to landscape, the panorama will work.
    03-22-16 09:40 AM
    hello have you found out the issue with viewing panoramic photos.....thanks
    03-22-16 11:00 AM
    The reason we went with portrait for horizontal panoramas was driven by the goal of always providing the highest image quality. The camera is taller than it is wide, so you get close to 5000 pixels high instead of 4000 pixels high if you were to shoot a panorama in landscape. The field of view is also wider this way, so you can capture more of the top & bottom in your panoramas. We would like to take a look at allowing you to shoot either way in the future, but it requires some work in the panorama engine.

For the record, I believe we support up to 140 megapixel panorama shots!
    FF22 and misterabrasive like this.
    03-22-16 11:49 AM
    The reason we went with portrait for horizontal panoramas was driven by the goal of always providing the highest image quality. The camera is taller than it is wide, so you get close to 5000 pixels high instead of 4000 pixels high if you were to shoot a panorama in landscape. The field of view is also wider this way, so you can capture more of the top & bottom in your panoramas. We would like to take a look at allowing you to shoot either way in the future, but it requires some work in the panorama engine.

For the record, I believe we support up to 140 megapixel panorama shots!
    On my Z30, I did shoot both types of Pan shots. But really did start to prefer Portrait Pans. But options are always nice.

(and thanks for being here)
    03-22-16 12:57 PM
36 12