...I want a Priv and am aware of this limitation. It's funny how much 'we' hated the BB10 Facebook app and all of its shortcomings and yet it had what is probably the most useful functionality you could want from a Facebook app. At least for some.

One other thing that's preventing me from taking the plunge is the lack of a native file manager. I know there are 3rd party apps available for this but I'm not into going that route. If BlackBerry wants me to go Android with them, I need to know that they are all in before I follow. File manager with built in VPN and some sort of 'Blend' desktop software to really bring the whole package.

...I know, I'm needy. But that's why I'm still on BB10.
    There is a file manager built in I think. I guess it came with Marshmallow because I don't think I downloaded it. Don't know how else it got on here lol. I didn't realize it until after I received Marshmallow but maybe I just never seen it until then.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    07-26-16 11:20 PM
    At the $200 - $349 price that dailysteals.com has it... it's a great value.

At the$740 price that Verizon wants it's not worth it.

Depending on what price you can get it for on Telus in November.... and what other phones will be offered at the same price. That is really what will make the difference. As a Z30 owner I assume the keyboard is only a plus, not a main reason to buy the phone.

But I do wonder how long the PRIV will have a spot with Carriers like Telus... these new phones will probably push it off the shelf. As I doubt many want to carry three or four BlackBerry branded phones (if any).
    If you buy on time for a few months with vzw it's worth it. I'm essentially paying 5 $ a month for mine right now with the 25$ discount on that line. I'm not going anywhere and I'm not on a contract so anytime I want to pay it off I'm free to go where I want to. So if I pay for 24 months at roughly 5$ I end up paying 120$ for the phone. i have 2 choices of carriers that are reliable where I live and the prices are basically the same so I really have no reason to switch. If I could find a vzw priv on ebay for a couple hundred bucks in good working order ID consider that just to have the process over with but I'm still with vzw in the end so it really doesn't make much difference

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    mmcclure0453 likes this.
    07-28-16 04:21 PM
    I have the z30 now, though my contract will end in November. So I would be the option of getting a new phone. I'm thinking to give the priv a try (hoping that telus won't remove it until then). What drawn me to it was:

1) keyboard. I hate touch screens.
    2) Android. Meaning I get the play store and it's variety of apps unlike bb app world. I'll miss bb 10's intuitive os but I need a decent app store

So I'm wondering, how are you guys liking it? What's the bb hub on Android like? What about the camera? Etc?

Posted via CB10
    My opinion: love the hub, like the PKB, somewhat neutral towards Android, don't like the speed, strongly dislike the camera (pictures are OK, but it's way to slow to be useful). Honestly, if you can wait: see what blackberry releases later this year or go with a Samsung or (heavens forbid) an iPhone. Both offer much more fluidity and much more useful cameras at roughly the same price. I like my Priv, but it's not a state-of-the-art phone (and frankly never was). It's just too expensive for the performance it displays.
    07-29-16 12:46 AM
78 ... 234