I think the reason why BlackBerry isnt announcing anything official is because they want to lower the gap between the official revealing dtte and the release date.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-20-15 12:19 PM
    At some point people are going to stop waiting.
    eldricho and bakron1 like this.
    10-20-15 12:23 PM
    I just posted a thread on this, HTC announced a new device today, A9, quite a looker, and is launching Nov 6, I mean BlackBerry cannot take their time, this industry moves too fast.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-20-15 12:28 PM
    If this is really their strategy then they really shouldn't have shown off the device 7 months ago. People already know it exists. The more likely explanation is that the right carriers aren't on board yet or production hasn't ramped up yet.
    ryanza likes this.
    10-20-15 12:32 PM
    If rumors are correct and launch date is early Nov, then we'll hear an announcement in the next week or so
    It's smart to announce it and release it around the same time, keeps the hype up
    But if they wait any longer, people are going to jump ship
    Would be a big plus if they launch it with android M, but I'm not sure that will be the case unfortunately
    10-20-15 12:35 PM
    they're probably just putting the last touches to the device, i doubt they will wait much longer. The device has already been announced by the CEO and on the website so it's not a secret anymore, the next thing will be an official announcement likely in October with the actual release date Nov 6th.
    the hype is still alive in my opinion and will be even more intense next week if they make the announcement.
    10-20-15 12:47 PM
    they're probably just putting the last touches to the device, i doubt they will wait much longer. The device has already been announced by the CEO and on the website so it's not a secret anymore, the next thing will be an official announcement likely in October with the actual release date Nov 6th.
    the hype is still alive in my opinion and will be even more intense next week if they make the announcement.
    ^ Sounds about right
    What I worry about is the price point. If they're going to sell at $800+ per phone, they're just setting themselves up for failure
    10-20-15 12:50 PM
    They need to get this product released ASAP, HTC, Samsung and Apple all have their current devices on the market and folks are only going to wait so long before pulling the trigger on another product.

They have teased us will all the leaks and I know folks are worried about the software not being perfect, but neither are the current devices being sold as we speak.

They all have updates and software glitches and so on, I am just hoping they don't drag their feet to much longer and then price the device where nobody wants it.

Come on Blackberry!!! Release the Priv!!!!!!
    10-20-15 01:07 PM
    Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be announced and released at the same time .

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    10-20-15 01:12 PM
    Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be announced and released at the same time .

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    If I recall correctly passport last year like that?
    10-20-15 01:15 PM
    If this is really their strategy then they really shouldn't have shown off the device 7 months ago. People already know it exists. The more likely explanation is that the right carriers aren't on board yet or production hasn't ramped up yet.
    How long would it take to ramp up production? If the release is in a few weeks, even a month away that seems like too short of a time frame to start making more devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 01:15 PM
    I think the reason why BlackBerry isnt announcing anything official...
    What further "announcement" can we expect to see?

I see it's official existence at least confirmed on the BlackBerry site, it's just missing the finer details.
    10-20-15 01:16 PM
    Keep in mind that for those who do not follow BlackBerry or Android news, which is like 99% of the population, the Priv is not an " anticipated" device. And for those who may have seen an ad and are curious will go to BlackBerry's website... which is the point.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 01:25 PM
    ^ Sounds about right
    What I worry about is the price point. If they're going to sell at $800+ per phone, they're just setting themselves up for failure
    According to JC, the phone will be made affordable. Go figure what affordable means to him...
    I doubt the phone will be too expensive, it may have some unique features, but it's not from a different planet. it has to be priced competitively otherwise bye bye
    10-20-15 01:33 PM
    I think the only details left to be announced are price and release date. And, if I recall, John Chen said somewhere recently that they were still sorting some details out with the carriers. My guess is probably these exact details that we don't yet know, are the ones that are somewhat carrier dependent.

I don't think BlackBerry is really dragging their feet, as soon as they can release it, they will. I think that we can expect the official launch announcement and the release date to be pretty close to eachother. And both of them very soon.
    10-20-15 01:53 PM
    According to JC, the phone will be made affordable. Go figure what affordable means to him...
    I doubt the phone will be too expensive, it may have some unique features, but it's not from a different planet. it has to be priced competitively otherwise bye bye
    I take "affordable" as to mean it will be cheaper than the 128gb iphone.
    10-20-15 02:05 PM