This was a bike mount I bought off Amazon. There are tons of them like this one. It's a spring clamp. I bought it because I couldn't find another that was wide enough to hold the priv with the hard shell.

The Good:
    - Orientation : this can be used in landscape or portrait.
    - Attachment : it attached to the bike and stays where you put it. It's a tight grip. No complaints.

The Bad:
    - No Grip on Phone : the thing has like 0 grip on my phone. The phone slides around moves and button gets pressed muting, turning down and powering the phone off.
    - No Hold : It doesn't hold the phone very good either. I went down a curb and the phone flew out of the holder. With pure magic caught it. The second time however, I went over a sewer cover. the sewer cover was enough to send the phone into a spinning roll. If not for the case, I don't know what the phone would be like.

Unfortunately, I need a new phone mount, any suggestions. None of these clamp ones please.
    Attached Thumbnails Opinion: Do Not Buy This Bike Mount-1460922207434.jpg   Opinion: Do Not Buy This Bike Mount-1460922218351.jpg  
    WT44 likes this.
    04-17-16 02:49 PM
    This is actually an excellent question. I would also love an answer to it

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    04-17-16 03:21 PM
    Fortunately w/o the case, the phone would be unharmed. I been looking at the crash tests for this device and it stands up to the abuse.
    04-17-16 03:42 PM
    I have a very similar one if not the same however only use mine indoors on the turbo trainer, for which it seems fine... but yeah; no feedback for outside use

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-17-16 03:53 PM
    I have a very similar one if not the same however only use mine indoors on the turbo trainer, for which it seems fine... but yeah; no feedback for outside use

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yeah, I guess it would work great for that. It also worked okay while riding on pavement, but the moment I hit bumps the phone slide around or popped out. I've been looking at a few other cases, but they only support up to 3 inches wide, and the priv is 3 inches itself. Except I use a case, who wouldn't?
    04-17-16 07:31 PM
    I've never used AliExpress. How reliable are they?
    04-18-16 12:05 PM
    I've never used AliExpress but i know plenty of people who have, and they are reliable for delivery. The stuff they sell is knock-offs though. I'm also a cyclist and shopped out systems like that a couple years ago. Something like that you should go to the store and check it out with your phone to make sure the phone fits and that the holder fits your bike, and is sturdy and not cheap crap.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 12:47 PM
    Reviews for a few that I looked at are mixed:

https://www.rei.com/c/bike-phone-mou...-on-bike-packs

/c/bike-phone-mounts?r=category%3Acycling|bike-accessories|panniers-and-on-bike-packs|bike-phone-mounts&ir=category%3Apanniers-and-on-bike-packs[/url]

I keep getting a redirect link with some external links. Add

www.rei.com to the beginning of the link!!!
    04-18-16 12:53 PM