I would like to share my time with the new Priv. First my company received 20 of them for testing. Right out of the box 6 were dead. After we got passed that mess, forward we go. First and foremost the phone is no more secure than any android. I will tackle that in a few minutes. The phone I carried open in my pants pocket (key board) I sat down and snapped off the key board. This is a bad design period. Also the keys are so small they are not as convenient as a regular BB. But let us move onto the (security) side of the phone. As with any phone that runs anything from Google it is set up to data mine. Now the new Priv will warn you that an app is data mining. But your only recourse is to delete the app. As with all Google apps you can not turn that off. So really to keep the phone safe you must not use Google. Well that's great, you may look but don't touch. Amazing. If you want to run Google apps without spending 700 bucks on an Android phone that may go poof in a year or so, than side load snap. After that buy for 2 bucks an APK app that allows you to change an app so it can NOT spy on your phone. My Passport runs many apps from Google even Dish Anywhere with no spying at all. Also the other security bomb is this, should you allow your employees to use Google apps and they use Facebook. It will track the phone, now it may not be able to search the phone if the user remembers to segregate office from personal. But if someone wants to see where you have been and then figure out what you are up to, this will not be hard. As the personal side of the phone will be happy to provide this, yup no security. We handle US Government work and this phone is not approved for prime time. Blackberry either come up with your own secure OS to use google or close it down, this is not a Blackberry but an Android faking security. Neither is any good and the business and government users have spotted this a mile away. If you don't want to believe me, look no further than a BB video where the BB rep shows the new Priv and how secure it is by telling him that Facebook accessed his location 50 times that day. What he tries not to show is the only key to stop this is DELETE. Great, well you know what they say " a fool and his money is soon parted." Android ON!
    Hedley9 and ptpete like this.
    11-27-15 06:10 PM
    My experience with the Priv is the exact opposite of yours. Money well spent for me. There isn't another phone I'd rather own.

Don't blame the Priv for Android's faults. 8 out of 10 phones sold globally are Android phones so BlackBerry's choice of Android is the best business decision they could have made.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    11-27-15 06:12 PM
    What company do you work for?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-27-15 06:13 PM
    I'm sure it is, but I don't use a phone for fun and security is number one. This is another Android device plain and simple. Government and industry do not use Android for one reason, Security. This has none. For a regular user this might be the phone, for the power user (non toy) this is not.
    11-27-15 06:15 PM
    US Rail. I don't work for them I own the company.
    11-27-15 06:20 PM
    Well put. BlackBerry Passport is superior, although the Priv is very slick. Only problem I have with the Priv is the slow charge & heat it gives off sometimes.
    Theicecreamman likes this.
    11-27-15 06:21 PM
    Well put. BlackBerry Passport is superior, although the Priv is very slick. Only problem I have with the Priv is the slow charge & heat it gives off sometimes.
    Are you using quick charge qualcomm compatible charger?
    11-27-15 06:22 PM
    Mine was security and build quality. 700 bucks and the keyboard snaps off. Great! BTW one of our working phones almost melted the back of the phone, very exciting !
    11-27-15 06:23 PM
    I'm sure it is, but I don't use a phone for fun and security is number one. This is another Android device plain and simple. Government and industry do not use Android for one reason, Security. This has none. For a regular user this might be the phone, for the power user (non toy) this is not.
    The BB10 battle has already been fought and lost. The Priv would be a BB10 device if the if there was the potential for it to be profitable. BBRY had to write off $1 billion in devices in 2013 so there's no way they will repeat that mistake. If government and industry have a problem with Android, there's always iOS. There simply aren't any other options.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    11-27-15 06:24 PM
    'First and foremost the phone is no more secure than any android.'

Yes it is. You're mistaken. You're wrong. You're incorrect.

You didn't 'snap off' the keyboard either. I totally don't believe you at all.

One continuous paragraph was a huge red flag for me.

roflmao

Camelhmpz and CakesBerry like this.
    11-27-15 07:15 PM
    If you post a picture of your 'snap off' keyboard, I will still not believe you and I would automatically think you did it after my saying I don't believe you.

11-27-15 07:17 PM
    Soooo, how do get Dish Anywhere to work.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 07:19 PM
    I would like to share my time with the new Priv. First my company received 20 of them for testing. Right out of the box 6 were dead. After we got passed that mess, forward we go. First and foremost the phone is no more secure than any android. I will tackle that in a few minutes. The phone I carried open in my pants pocket (key board) I sat down and snapped off the key board. This is a bad design period. Also the keys are so small they are not as convenient as a regular BB. But let us move onto the (security) side of the phone. As with any phone that runs anything from Google it is set up to data mine. Now the new Priv will warn you that an app is data mining. But your only recourse is to delete the app. As with all Google apps you can not turn that off. So really to keep the phone safe you must not use Google. Well that's great, you may look but don't touch. Amazing. If you want to run Google apps without spending 700 bucks on an Android phone that may go poof in a year or so, than side load snap. After that buy for 2 bucks an APK app that allows you to change an app so it can NOT spy on your phone. My Passport runs many apps from Google even Dish Anywhere with no spying at all. Also the other security bomb is this, should you allow your employees to use Google apps and they use Facebook. It will track the phone, now it may not be able to search the phone if the user remembers to segregate office from personal. But if someone wants to see where you have been and then figure out what you are up to, this will not be hard. As the personal side of the phone will be happy to provide this, yup no security. We handle US Government work and this phone is not approved for prime time. Blackberry either come up with your own secure OS to use google or close it down, this is not a Blackberry but an Android faking security. Neither is any good and the business and government users have spotted this a mile away. If you don't want to believe me, look no further than a BB video where the BB rep shows the new Priv and how secure it is by telling him that Facebook accessed his location 50 times that day. What he tries not to show is the only key to stop this is DELETE. Great, well you know what they say " a fool and his money is soon parted." Android ON!
    Mine was security and build quality. 700 bucks and the keyboard snaps off. Great! BTW one of our working phones almost melted the back of the phone, very exciting !
    For someone who "owns a company", you're pretty dumb.
    - Security is number 1 for you, yet you mention that you knew that an Android phone inherently could never be secure. "Government and industry do not use Android for one reason, Security", then why be a knucklehead and use this phone or have your employees use this phone to start with? Never change a winning team: you should have just stick with BB OS 10 if that was deemed secure enough.
    -If security is essential, a serious "company owner" would investigate or would let the IT department investigate if the Priv could be secure enough to use ( which you knew wasn't the case already anyway). You and your co-workers test it and then complain like a kid about what you knew (or should have known) already to start with in stead of crying like some teenie in hindsight.
    -Regarding the cramp keyboard and the heating issues: a serious businessman would have known about this already as it is a known problem.

Yes, it's true. " a fool and his money is soon parted."
    I have a gut feeling this company of yours won't ever be a fortune 500 company....
    11-27-15 07:22 PM
    The owner of US Rail would know how to relay thoughts coherently and not in a single paragraph aka wall of text.

If you did, indeed, break the slider, that's your fault for putting it in your pocket open. Enough leverage would break any phone and you provided the perfect circumstance.

As for security, privacy and security are two different things. I agree that android is a data hungry beast and apps take action of that, but at least you know which ones to keep or get rid of based on your tolerance levels.

Posted via CB10
    kingstrawberry likes this.
    11-27-15 07:25 PM
    Sounds like you should stick to the BlackBerry 10 devices. Why exactly did you go for android with Google services? Any android device with Google services will be tracked to some extent. Any ios device is also tracked to some extent.
    If you don't want to be tracked, simply restrict usage to authorized apps. Get BES for security, everyone knows without BES you should not expect any kind of advanced security.
    11-27-15 07:28 PM
    This thread not going anywhere far. Closing, come back with solid evidence. Pics better pr writing etc...
    cjcampbell, bakron1 and djenks76 like this.
    11-27-15 07:30 PM