Worst BB ever. I've never had a phone overheat from simple tasks like texting. My Z10 was 100 times better at multitasking.

-Google Maps is unusable half of the time while traveling. It freezes, drains the battery.
    -Facebook constantly crashes
    -The Verizon text app is terrible. Messages won't send properly if I switch conversations immediately after sending. It also drains my battery and causes the phone to overheat.
    -Multitasking is lame.
    -Bluetooth audio constantly drops.

Basically, I should have never switched from the Z10. BB10 spoiled me. Android sucks, or at least this implementation of Android sucks. I've been a long time hater of Apple products, but this might actually push me to an iPhone.

Sorry for the rant. It's been building for a long time. I've been a BB user since 2004 and this is my 7th BB (7750, 8703e, 8830, 9530, 9930, Z10, Priv). I expect a better product.
    heidymadia and CB-BB-BBM like this.
    08-15-17 09:50 AM
    Hello have had my PRIV since August 2016 and works perfectly fine. No overheating, full day battery life with SOC 4 hours. ohhh yes disabled Facebook as it a resource hog on any device and installed Friendly FB client which works great. Yes admit Android is an OS you must tweek / investigate so optimized. Tried iOS and simply just so plain boring and locked down. good luck
    08-15-17 10:25 AM
    I agree that the OS on the Priv is not as smooth as BB10. There is nome noticeable slowdown with the Priv at times but it is still efficient enough to use. I've had mine since March.

I'm sure if BB10 offered the kind of app market like Google play does a lot of us would still be on BB10. I just needed the Priv to be adequate and that it is.
    08-15-17 10:43 AM
    Since this is a rant and not a question, I won't offer any advice except to let me take that Priv off your hands. I know someone who would love it.
    anon(2313227), PHughes and Carmels like this.
    08-15-17 11:27 AM
    Worst BB ever. I've never had a phone overheat from simple tasks like texting. My Z10 was 100 times better at multitasking.

-Google Maps is unusable half of the time while traveling. It freezes, drains the battery.
    -The Verizon text app is terrible. Messages won't send properly if I switch conversations immediately after sending. It also drains my battery and causes the phone to overheat.
    -Multitasking is lame.

Basically, I should have never switched from the Z10. BB10 spoiled me. Android sucks, or at least this implementation of Android sucks. I've been a long time hater of Apple products, but this might actually push me to an iPhone.

Sorry for the rant. It's been building for a long time. I've been a BB user since 2004 and this is my 7th BB (7750, 8703e, 8830, 9530, 9930, Z10, Priv). I expect a better product.
    Are you on Android Lollipop or Marshmallow? Are you on the July patch AAM940? Did you lower screen resolution to 1080p instead of 4K? I don't own a Priv (thinking about one as backup device) but I heard these factors helped with heat/battery life for many users.
    Also like others said above, I would get rid of Facebook and other energy hogging apps
    08-15-17 11:48 AM
    I've had my Priv for over a year now, and have had few problems, and those I've had have been easily fixed with a little online research. No it's not BB10, but it is close enough. I just wish it would get Nougat.
    08-15-17 11:48 AM
    A lot of the problems we still see from time to time (heat, battery life) tie back to the processor implementation. It is what it is. I personally would not buy a BB android device without knowing the upgrade schedule. The Keyone is a great device, smooth and gets it done however no clue if TCL will actually update to O or beyond.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-16-17 08:03 AM

-Multitasking is lame.

Some of the Chinese phones are pretty amazing, Huawei, Xiamo, worth a look before heading to iOS. You can install the BB apps to create the illusion, maybe the way to go, if you don't need a keyboard.
    08-16-17 09:02 AM
    Some of the Chinese phones are pretty amazing, Huawei, Xiamo, worth a look before heading to iOS. You can install the BB apps to create the illusion, maybe the way to go, if you don't need a keyboard.
    To push the illusion further, there is also the physical keyboard attachment for the Galaxy S7 and S8 (uglifies the phone quite tremendously) and he could buy a BlackBerry logo sticker and cover the SamSung one.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-16-17 09:11 AM
    To push the illusion further, there is also the physical keyboard attachment for the Galaxy S7 and S8 (uglifies the phone quite tremendously) and he could buy a BlackBerry logo sticker and cover the SamSung one.
    I wouldn't go the Samsung route as too much dross/ bloat, unless you like that kind of thing. Where do you get these blackberry logo stickers you speak of? The problem moving forward is having expectations, always fraught with peril.
    08-16-17 09:15 AM

-Multitasking is lame.

I agree 100%. Huge disappointment.

My first Priv died (kept randomly shutting down). Second one kept over heating and slowing to to the point where apps like Google maps would not work as the phone couldn't keep up with the car movements.

I'm using a used S7 now. So much better, highly recommend over Apple. Android as it should be - super smooth. I'm sad about my Priv as I wanted to love it so much. At the end of the day it's a fail though.
    08-16-17 09:17 AM
    I wouldn't go the Samsung route as too much dross/ bloat, unless you like that kind of thing. Where do you get these blackberry logo stickers you speak of? The problem moving forward is having expectations, always fraught with peril.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-HTC-MOTO...d=562090024709
    08-16-17 09:43 AM
    Are you on Android Lollipop or Marshmallow? Are you on the July patch AAM940? Did you lower screen resolution to 1080p instead of 4K? I don't own a Priv (thinking about one as backup device) but I heard these factors helped with heat/battery life for many users.
    Also like others said above, I would get rid of Facebook and other energy hogging apps
    I thought the Priv has a 2K resolution? And yes, lowering it to full HD 1080 really helps. I also turn off the animation in developer mode and now the phone is flying. Battery life is great, no overheating, no lagging, I keep Facebook and Messenger as I fed up with the interface of Friendly.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-16-17 09:56 AM
    I've had my Priv for over a year now, and have had few problems, and those I've had have been easily fixed with a little online research. No it's not BB10, but it is close enough. I just wish it would get Nougat.
    Nougat will come next month.
    08-16-17 05:34 PM
    Wow. That will make many people happy. Have you ever thought of becoming a politician?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-16-17 05:56 PM
    Wow. That will make many people happy. Have you ever thought of becoming a politician?
    Time will tell And then you can make a comment that can maybe help users.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-16-17 06:11 PM
    Nougat will be delivered by a leprechaun riding a unicorn sliding down a rainbow promising next time he'll deliver a BB10 device via a fairy on a Pegasus.
    08-16-17 06:36 PM
    Nougat will be delivered by a leprechaun riding a unicorn sliding down a rainbow promising next time he'll deliver a BB10 device via a fairy on a Pegasus.
    Keep your fantasy. I will stick to reality.
    08-16-17 06:39 PM

-Multitasking is lame.

I recently bought a Priv, and had planned to make it my daily driver. But, after a few weeks of tweaking it, I'm sticking with my Z10 and will double carry the Priv for any time I really need an Android app that won't run on BbB10.

I haven't had any really BAD experiences with the Priv, but Android is just so disjointed as an OS, because it outsources so many major, integrated components to third parties. Just don't think I should have a different interface for sharing a photo across different apps. It's the same simple task, so the UX should be the same, but everything in Android is app dependent.

Of course it's possible to tweak Android endlessly, but I don't want my phone to be a project or a hobby. My basic reaction to Android has been, "Meh."

The last time I tried Android as a daily driver, the phone I used ran Lollipop. M is a big improvement, but not enough to satisfy me. My Z10 is simply better for what matters most to me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    nogutsnoglory likes this.
    08-16-17 06:49 PM
    Keep your fantasy. I will stick to reality.
    You started with the we're getting Nougat fantasy. I just ran with it..
    08-16-17 08:13 PM
    I recently bought a Priv, and had planned to make it my daily driver. But, after a few weeks of tweaking it, I'm sticking with my Z10 and will double carry the Priv for any time I really need an Android app that won't run on BbB10.

I haven't had any really BAD experiences with the Priv, but Android is just so disjointed as an OS, because it outsources so many major, integrated components to third parties. Just don't think I should have a different interface for sharing a photo across different apps. It's the same simple task, so the UX should be the same, but everything in Android is app dependent.

Of course it's possible to tweak Android endlessly, but I don't want my phone to be a project or a hobby. My basic reaction to Android has been, "Meh."

The last time I tried Android as a daily driver, the phone I used ran Lollipop. M is a big improvement, but not enough to satisfy me. My Z10 is simply better for what matters most to me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Android is great.. you just need to buy it from Google or Samsung. It runs just as smooth as BB10 on my S7.
    08-16-17 08:20 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what is your source of this information?
    08-16-17 08:22 PM
    Again according to two discussions with ATT people the fantasy is supposed to become reality by mid September. It will not be delivered by a leprechaun, but by our favorite carrier, ATT.
    Last edited by newcollector; 08-17-17 at 09:15 AM.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-16-17 09:29 PM
    Again according to two discussions with ATT people the fantasy is supposed Tom become reality by mid September. It will not be delivered by a leprechaun, but by our favorite carrier, ATT.
    Might as well be a leprechaun. And no pot of gold.
    08-16-17 09:48 PM
    Looks like someone doesn't know how to use a smartphone. Jk
    08-16-17 09:59 PM
52 123