While I know there is many other posts, I feel compelled to share my own experience, partially to drown out the noise of complaints, but to also provide my honest experience and opinion of the phone so far.

I will break down an opinion based on components or features, what I like and any persistent drawbacks

Screen is beautiful, bright and has a very nice feel to it. The curves, while not offering much function do give the phone a fantastic look and feel, it's no gimmick but a stylistic choice with the potential for added uses in the future.

The PKB, while I was not thrilled with the feel at first, increased use has led me to be comfortable using it. It's has almost a stealthy look and sound, kind of rewarding, the soft touch is nice. Unfortunately the lack of prominent ridges on the keys makes typing without looking difficult

Overall feel, the soft touch materials used on the body of the phone feel incredible, holding the phone is almost addictive it feels so nice. My concern is that this material may scratch easily, plugging in a charger is like performing surgery because I am scared of scratching the material around the charge port.

Yes the back does press in a bit, but I am not really concerned about it, it's just too bad they didn't make the battery a bit thicker! Otherwise build quality seems typical BlackBerry high quality, I have no concerns the screen or sliding mechanism will get broken, even if there is the occasional minor creak or wiggle, it is a mechanical movement these things are to be expected, but it feels strong enough that issues should not arise.

The speakers are OK, not much more to say, if you want to play music loudly invest in a bt speaker, but these do just fine for videos or calls.

The OS... I was very frustrated on day one, the battery was depleting quickly, the phone occasionally quit programs or lagged out, and many times the screen wouldn't recognize a touch leading to multiple attempts to accomplish a selection... This has changed! The battery now lasts much longer, although not as good as my Q10 so far (very close) this may be due to extra use however. I have not had lag or program failure problems for a few days now, and touch recognition is almost always perfect now, the software updates combined with prolonged use seem to have remedied these issues.

Size- this is a big phone, a bit too big for me, even with normal to large hands. The feel and thickness is fine, just the screen size and overall dimensions are quite large; this seems to be what people want these days though, so it's time to embrace it I suppose.

Camera, I have not used it very much yet, but it is underwhelming considering its massive prominence protruding out the back. The software can certainly use some work and extra features. It does take good pictures under normal conditions though, remember people if you want print quality pictures skip the iPhone or other smartphone camera and get a real camera, you know, the kind you can't make phone calls with.

Downfalls:
    Still not a fan of the Android mentality, I liked having a phone that just had everything I needed, without having to download an app first. Why no music player installed? Where is the wonderful fully featured BlackBerry calculator instead of this silly android one trick pony? Don't get me wrong, I am glad to have access to 3 (yup, only 3) apps that I previously did without or used a tablet for, but I miss bb10 functionality more than the app availability has satisfied me

The phone does get somewhat hot when streaming video,and more so when using graphic intensive apps. It does cool down quickly though, and this does happen to all phones..

HUB is just not the same.. It offers most of the experience, but not as nice and fluid. The Messenger app no longer seems to open unnecessarily after responding to/backing out of a text conversation, this is a relief as that was annoying.

The task manager is not as nice as active frames. Stuff builds up too quickly, and I frequently see duplicates (text conversation with one person has five windows generated from each time I opened/responded)

The charge cord is too short, why?!

That's all that is really coming to mind, keep in mind this is my opinion and my experience. I am not a blogger or reporter, I am testing this in my daily use and this my experience.

I really like the phone, have absolutely zero buyers remorse. Could I have gotten a different, faster, "better" android for less $$? Yes, obviously. But I have gotten what I wanted, a BlackBerry slider. It is not BB10 as I would have preferred but I am very happy with it. If you have been on the fence I hope my experience helps you decide, I recommend this phone to anyone who feels it provides the features they seek.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Lacuna_a_x likes this.
    11-13-15 12:58 PM
    The shorter the cord the faster the charging less resistance
    John Doe99 and hoonigan99 like this.
    11-13-15 01:08 PM
    Got my priv yesterday. Your impression is absolutely spot on.

The only difference for me is that I don't feel that I will compromise for Android and will be returning to my Q10 or Passport (kinda wanna take my dusty Q10 out for a ride). Day 2 and I can see myself returning this beautiful, massive ..toy.

11-13-15 01:20 PM
    I just wish I could get legitimate Google Play apps on my Z30. That's all. Why can't they do that ?
    11-13-15 01:26 PM
    The keyboard is spot on... the lack of ridges makes typing less accurate.
    11-13-15 01:31 PM
    Can't agree on the camera statement. It , in my eye takes better pictures than the iPhone 6 ever did in all light conditions and better than any previous BlackBerry . My flash never needs to go off anymore which is great. The clarity is outstanding day or night.
    Again , we can't compare to any Business except maybe Hub. This , besides that is an Android and it takes time to learn something new. I'm still tinkering with settings after a week. But glad you are keeping it!
    Posted from my Priv!
    11-13-15 01:33 PM
    Can't agree on the camera statement. It , in my eye takes better pictures than the iPhone 6 ever did in all light conditions and better than any previous BlackBerry . My flash never needs to go off anymore which is great. The clarity is outstanding day or night.
    Again , we can't compare to any Business except maybe Hub. This , besides that is an Android and it takes time to learn something new. I'm still tinkering with settings after a week. But glad you are keeping it!
    Posted from my Priv!
    As I said, the camera I have not experimented much with. I agree that it does seem to do a good job though, whether or not it meets the expectations of many people who use the camera much more than me, I cannot really comment on.

Glad you like it though, I am happy with it and I am sure many more will be!

11-13-15 02:11 PM