What makes BlackBerry different is it's operating software, not the physical materials that make up the device (only the physical keyboard could be argued). To call the Priv a BlackBerry phone, to me, is ludicrous. It's an Android phone with a little extra flair. If the Priv does not run BB10 it will not be a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 08:35 AM
    What makes BlackBerry different is it's operating software, not the physical materials that make up the device (only the physical keyboard could be argued). To call the Priv a BlackBerry phone, to me, is ludicrous. It's an Android phone with a little extra flair. If the Priv does not run BB10 it will not be a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    It will be called a Blackberry, just as a samsung phone is still a Samsung, a HTC is still an HTC etc. I understand your frustration, but it won't change the fact that this is a Blackberry Android phone.
    10-06-15 08:39 AM
    Okay, I've had enough! ...of these thread.

Continue the conversation in the other 1001 threads about this.
    10-06-15 08:56 AM
    I guess that's why they are insisting that the device be referred to as "Priv by BlackBerry" so, technically, it isn't a BlackBerry.
    10-06-15 08:58 AM
    OK I've had enough: Don't call Priv a BlackBerry!-img_20151004_154632_0.jpeg
    Then what is this logo at the back..?
    SilverBerry?

BlackBerry Priv� a mobile PRIVilege for your PRIVacy
    10-06-15 09:00 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151004_154632_0.jpeg 
Views:	4717 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	374653
    Then what is this logo at the back..?
    SilverBerry?

BlackBerry Priv� a mobile PRIVilege for your PRIVacy
    Pretty sure it's a Lambo, dude.
    10-06-15 09:03 AM
    A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf. It's like this, Apple and BlackBerry were the only ones that built their own hardware and ran their own OS. Now it looks like it's just going to be one.

What we have known for almost two decades as being a BlackBerry is not what the Priv will be. When somebody says they have a "Galaxy 6" we all know they have an Android phone. Looks like we are headed for the same thing...just another spoke in the Android wheel.

So, yeah, the Priv us not a "BlackBerry", it's an Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 09:09 AM
    Calm the farm girls. As long as we get a BB10 version, who the F@#$ cares. Even!
    10-06-15 09:11 AM
    Yeah well I am tired of nearly everyone assuming the Priv is meant to be a consumer device when the majority of business/tech bloggers--and including BlackBerry itself--are saying it is for business/enterprise and have been since the BlackBerry - Google merger back in July.

Don't you people get your news from other sources besides CrackBerry/N4BB?

Posted via CB10
    Just like BB10 phones that do not run BBOS7 are not BlackBerries, either?

I guess that's why they are insisting that the device be referred to as "Priv by BlackBerry" so, technically, it isn't a BlackBerry.
    I think this is two-fold. For one it is based on the proper usage of "Android" as in "Android on BlackBerry" not "Android BlackBerry", and, to indicate that this phone is specially designed for business/enterprise.

A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf. It's like this, Apple and BlackBerry were the only ones that built their own hardware and ran their own OS. Now it looks like it's just going to be one.

What we have known for almost two decades as being a BlackBerry is not what the Priv will be. When somebody says they have a "Galaxy 6" we all know they have an Android phone. Looks like we are headed for the same thing...just another spoke in the Android wheel.

So, yeah, the Priv us not a "BlackBerry", it's an Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    At least Jobs had the cajones to stay the course. It took him what, ten years(?) to take Apple from irrelevant to hipster-cool. Jobs also refused to respond to, let alone even acknowledge, the critics.
    wincyUt and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    10-06-15 09:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    That is why it is the "Priv by BlackBerry" not the "BlackBerry Priv"

Posted via CB10
    Mr.mister likes this.
    10-06-15 09:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    no one's forcing you to like it nor buy it. stick with your legacy BB10 device if you're contented with it.

A3-A20
    10-06-15 09:31 AM
    OK, I've had enough!
    Does your debatable opinion matter more or the existence of Blackberry?
    It doesn't matter how you think what phones could be called a "Blackberry", I'd rather see the company lives longer since it made me good smartphone experience.
    10-06-15 10:13 AM
    Why so serious, Vincent?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, Flatman, sirius27 and 3 others like this.
    10-06-15 10:18 AM
    I couldn't give a flying eff what people want to make it out to be. At the end of the day if it can make my typing easier, faster, & more accurate, have some degree of privacy without me having to go cyanogen, and as long as I have the apps available to make my life easier, I'm good to go. Right now, the Z30 is failing the apps & typing part of the deal.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    10-06-15 11:59 AM
    Calm the farm girls. As long as we get a BB10 version, who the F@#$ cares. Even!
    There won't be a BB10 version. BlackBerry has made it's last BB10 phone.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with our BlackBerry sales rep and she confirmed that BlackBerry has made it's last BB10 phone. All new phones are Android.
    Last edited by Bluenoser63; 10-06-15 at 12:32 PM.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    10-06-15 12:15 PM
    I couldn't give a flying eff what people want to make it out to be. At the end of the day if it can make my typing easier, faster, & more accurate, have some degree of privacy without me having to go cyanogen, and as long as I have the apps available to make my life easier, I'm good to go. Right now, the Z30 is failing the apps & typing part of the deal.
    I agree with most of your assessment. Until the words Z30 and failing came into a complete sentence..

My experience with the Z30 has been great and I'll be sad to see it go but, I'm all for progression. So if Android is what that progression looks like for BlackBerry's future, then let's make sure we hit it out of the park this time around.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-06-15 12:21 PM
    I agree with most of your assessment. Until the words Z30 and failing came into a complete sentence..

My experience with the Z30 has been great and I'll be sad to see it go but, I'm all for progression. So if Android is what that progression looks like for BlackBerry's future, then let's make sure we hit it out of the park this time around.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Agreed, my Z30 has been equal or better than any other phone until the first part of 2015.

People keep talking about what makes BlackBerry a BlackBerry.....my Z30 is really well built, whereas a lot of other phones are not. Durability and fit & finish are important to me, especially if I am paying $700.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 01:16 PM
    Good for you and it's a BlackBerry because it says BlackBerry above the screen. It's not a Nexus, not a Samsung, not a LG, but a BlackBerry. And it runs Android, deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    Appsdk likes this.
    10-06-15 01:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Pfff. Getting bored about those statements. A BlackBerry device BUILT BY BLACKBERRY with customized Android by BLACKBERRY is and always will be a BLACKBERRY. Simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 03:16 PM
    Droid got Blackberrytized. Not the other way around.
    10-06-15 03:40 PM
    Droid got Blackberrytized. Not the other way around.
    I like that. BlackBerry didn't bend to the will of Android.

BlackBerry saw a problem with Android (privacy), and BlackBerry will fix it.

Android is lucky to have BlackBerry around.
    10-06-15 04:25 PM
    As I have said in many of my post, I will embrace the Priv, it will still have the Blackberry name on the device and with the security features and Blackberry software additions it will be a unique device in its own right and that's good enough for me.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    10-06-15 04:37 PM
    With all the over hypothesis about this phone it seems everybody on this planet will soon have ownership of this device....wow what a quick around for BlackBerry the world will once again belongs to BlackBerry.......if only life was that simple we all could easily become businessmen overnight.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to decide my passport
    10-06-15 04:50 PM
    Pig w/ lipstick?

Posted via Z10 - 10.3.2.440
    Arjun Sahota and nah.uhh like this.
    10-06-15 04:55 PM
    I have had enough too! This phone needs to happen now so I can buy it now!!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 05:08 PM
81 123 ...