Has anyone been successful to try get BlackBerry Priv to work with OK Google voice detection? I've set it up on the Google App but it doesn't seem to work.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 12:23 AM
    Works for me after going through the voice setup and enabling it on all screens.
    11-10-15 12:31 AM
    OK I retrained my phone. Works a bit better now.

11-10-15 12:37 AM
    Cool, I don't use it a lot so no idea if it is supposed to be better, but the few times I have tried it, it has worked.
    11-10-15 12:39 AM
    It works okay for me in the Google App but not from the lock screen or home screen...retrained it a few times already?
    11-10-15 08:53 PM
    Same here. Works fine in the Google app but not anywhere else. I have also retrained it a couple of times as well.

11-11-15 06:29 AM
    I've found that the further away I am, the better I have to annunciate - if I'm across the room and I want to set an alarm while it's charging, I basically have to yell in the most proper way I know how.
    11-11-15 06:44 AM
    Definitely not working from the lockscreen for me. Has anyone actually got that to work?
    12-30-15 03:44 PM
    I am wondering if having this option activated will make your battery drain faster? Technicall it is listening all the time for that "OK Google"?

EDIT: From Google page: Always-on: You can say "Ok Google" whether your screen is on or off on a Nexus 6, Nexus 9, or Samsung Note 4 device.
    Last edited by Estevezz; 12-30-15 at 04:04 PM.
    12-30-15 03:47 PM
    I am wondering if having this option activated will make your battery drain faster? Technicall it is listening all the time for that "OK Google"?

EDIT: From Google page: Always-on: You can say "Ok Google" whether your screen is on or off on a Nexus 6, Nexus 9, or Samsung Note 4 device.
    There is a setting in the google to enable it to listen from any screen, which is disabled by default. The Moto X had a separate processor just for voice commands that was used to enable voice detection at all times if enabled.
    Jonneh likes this.
    12-30-15 04:14 PM
    Personally, I leave the "detect from any screen" disabled. And will continue to do so until Google/Android finally offers the ability to customize the trigger/keyword to activate it.

It's funny (and irritable) how often somebody in a public place will say "Okay Google" and you hear 3 or more other devices all around them trigger and bleep with the recognition. Until then, I just use the Mic button in the search widget or app.

All the training does is allow somebody with a very strong accent due to not being a native English speaker to be recognized. Anybody with a north-american accent will trigger your device.
    12-30-15 04:25 PM