What's this stupidity all about?
    All the settings are done up well, including Retraining Google Voice.

Sometimes Ok Google wakes up the screen when it's locked and takes in my command, and sometimes I'm just an ***** in the room talking to a phone that doesn't reply back.

(don't even get me started on the fact that when it works, it recognized what I need to do, but then says I need to unlock the phone in order for it to complete my request... jeez!)
    06-02-16 08:53 AM
    Works great on an Android. Sorry the experience isn't what you want.
    06-02-16 10:35 AM
    I just noticed that "Ok Google" works when the Priv is docked in the sync pod and even if it's locked. But doesn't work when it's off sync pod :/
    06-10-16 08:49 PM
    After a couple updates... this still doesn't work.

Is everyone else able to start it from the lock screen?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-23-16 07:36 AM
    After a couple updates... this still doesn't work.

Is everyone else able to start it from the lock screen?

Do you have smart lock and your voice activation properly set up?
    08-23-16 08:07 AM
    Reason being is that ok google isn't running 24/7. So you may be catching it while it's in a down state.
    08-23-16 09:15 PM
    Works great on an Android. Sorry the experience isn't what you want.
    You do realize he is using an Android right? Just not the LG G4 that's all.

08-23-16 09:22 PM
    Do you have smart lock and your voice activation properly set up?
    Yup!

Reason being is that ok google isn't running 24/7. So you may be catching it while it's in a down state.
    This isn't even funny in 2016..

You do realize he is using an Android right? Just not the LG G4 that's all.

Haha, did you notice I totally ignored her? That's precisely why.

These moderators and ambassadors are picked on post count - so more than half the time they say meaningless, irrelevant and downright stupid things just in the name of "contributions". A few years ago they actually helped and made a ton of sense. I used to see with my own eyes that they're smarter than average folk like me. But these days... meh. It's like my eyes are trained to ignore them like I ignore banner ads.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-29-16 08:35 AM
    Yup!

Haha, did you notice I totally ignored her? That's precisely why.

These moderators and ambassadors are picked on post count - so more than half the time they say meaningless, irrelevant and downright stupid things just in the name of "contributions". A few years ago they actually helped and made a ton of sense. I used to see with my own eyes that they're smarter than average folk like me. But these days... meh. It's like my eyes are trained to ignore them like I ignore banner ads.
    Since you started this, I have checked mine and also found it working sporadically. I also have a couple of locations set up in Smart Lock. My home location works fine, but the other place I stay a couple of days a week doesn't register with the phone, even though I have the GPS coordinates in there. The facial recognition doesn't work very well either.
    08-29-16 09:08 AM
    Yup!
    But if you know anything about phones you'd know they don't run applications non stop. Ask a software developer.

Most apps are set with time or certain actions, for them to start running or respond. For OK google, I'd say trying to activate it from lock screen isn't happening because it's gone into a battery optimization state. And isn't running in the back ground.
    08-29-16 06:54 PM
    But if you know anything about phones you'd know they don't run applications non stop. Ask a software developer.

Most apps are set with time or certain actions, for them to start running or respond. For OK google, I'd say trying to activate it from lock screen isn't happening because it's gone into a battery optimization state. And isn't running in the back ground.
    Actually it works fine when it's on charge (sync pod). I'm wondering if it's a battery saving mechanism somehow.

As long as its on the pod, it works whether its locked or unlocked.

But when it's not on the pod, the screen needs to be active and unlocked for it to take in my command.

08-30-16 01:49 PM
    Actually it works fine when it's on charge (sync pod). I'm wondering if it's a battery saving mechanism somehow.

As long as its on the pod, it works whether its locked or unlocked.

But when it's not on the pod, the screen needs to be active and unlocked for it to take in my command.

Kind of negates the voice recognition in the smart lock set up, doesn't it?
    08-30-16 05:40 PM
    Kind of negates the voice recognition in the smart lock set up, doesn't it?
    Kind of, yes.
    But on the other hand, how fast would you want your battery to drain?

When they develop software they have to take all aspects into consideration and what is more meaningful in the outcome.

What they could do is add a setting that will bypass all battery optimization settings, and let the user choose if they want it running continuously in the background waiting for the users commands.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 08:12 PM
    Kind of, yes.
    But on the other hand, how fast would you want your battery to drain?

When they develop software they have to take all aspects into consideration and what is more meaningful in the outcome.

What they could do is add a setting that will bypass all battery optimization settings, and let the user choose if they want it running continuously in the background waiting for the users commands.

Posted via CB10
    Letting the user choose how to use Google Now is a good start. I'm at a desk (like most of the working population) most of the day so it's on charge and I have no problem activating Google Now at those times, but I also have kids (which means I would love handsfree operation) to take care of.
    09-26-16 08:05 AM
    Letting the user choose how to use Google Now is a good start. I'm at a desk (like most of the working population) most of the day so it's on charge and I have no problem activating Google Now at those times, but I also have kids (which means I would love handsfree operation) to take care of.
    Use a Bluetooth headset and set the button to activate google now.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    09-26-16 08:13 AM
    Maybe you can make it bypass the battery saver mode. You could pick apps to bypass stamina mode on a Sony android.
    I don't use the voice recognition but if you can find the specific app that is using it, maybe going into Settings>Battery>Battery Optimisation (will come up when the three dots on the upper right hit) and select the app. You can disable the optimisation option. Maybe that could help. Just my two cents.

Am I smart? Lol.
    09-26-16 09:54 AM
    Maybe you can make it bypass the battery saver mode. You could pick apps to bypass stamina mode on a Sony android.
    I don't use the voice recognition but if you can find the specific app that is using it, maybe going into Settings>Battery>Battery Optimisation (will come up when the three dots on the upper right hit) and select the app. You can disable the optimisation option. Maybe that could help. Just my two cents.

Am I smart? Lol.
    You will be as soon as you list the steps on how to take care of this
    09-28-16 09:41 AM
    Same issues here along with a host of others such as greyed out ok google detection. I can't access ok google settings but apparently it's functional when I am on the device.

From my Priv. AAG111
    09-28-16 02:06 PM