Fair points. My only concern is the smaller screen. I've grown accustomed to the Priv PKB, so I don't think it will matter much to me.
    Agreed. Although its very clear that the KEYone is an upgrade, especially on the front camera and general performance, Ive grown accustomed to the screen on the Priv.

It's going to be a tough call. Im currently considering turning the Priv into a mini tablet, whilst making the KEYone the daily driver. This really is a first world problem lool
    bigedschukar and skinnymike1 like this.
    02-26-17 06:42 AM
    I wonder is back camera for keyone better than the Priv.
    02-26-17 07:59 AM
    I wonder is back camera for keyone better than the Priv.
    The sensor is certainly a lot better.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-26-17 08:08 AM
    The Big issue is that on android, you can't do a "Passport" . A 1:1 screen ratio isn't supported.

16:9 and 3:2 work. So does 18:9 and 17:9.
    Because of Android apps , you have to produce a device that falls within these parameters.
    I had several Android apps run perfectly well on my Passport. You just had to scroll down on some of them.
    02-26-17 11:11 AM
    I had several Android apps run perfectly well on my Passport. You just had to scroll down on some of them.
    Yes. You can run them. You can't sell a device on a platform in which not a single app is developed for the aspect ratio.

Blackberry would probably have to triple the number of apps they make for themselves. And people still wouldn't be happy.
    02-26-17 11:23 AM
    Fair points. My only concern is the smaller screen. I've grown accustomed to the Priv PKB, so I don't think it will matter much to me.
    It's been mentioned in other threads about the screen size and who this is being marketed to. If your watching Netflix or gaming it's probably not the device for that person, but I believe the screen size works for the purpose and who it's being marketed to
    02-26-17 11:25 AM
    The sensor is certainly a lot better.
    Let's see how the stabilization is. The dtek60 's stabilizer is a little week compared to the Priv
    02-26-17 11:26 AM
    I think I will keep my priv in parallel to the KeyOne until I'm fully comfortable with a PKB device only.

Tried the dtek60, relationship lasted two days, kept dropping it. And with a covert defeats the whole purpose of a slim device.
    02-26-17 11:28 AM
    I'm fine with my Priv. I like the option of both keyboards. I prefer the vkb for one handed typing. My wife and daughter will be getting the KEYone though.
    This right here. I don't have a problem with the keyone but I like my priv as well and it still works great for me.
    02-26-17 11:44 AM
    Priv keyboard, processor, and battery are all terrible in comparison to KeyOne. Can't wait to put my Priv on eBay!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 11:46 AM
    As a none Blackberry person I'd been attracted by the hype about the Mercury, particularly due to my love of physical keyboards from my Palm Pre days. I saw the price tag and knew I couldn't afford it, so went out and picked up a Priv with two cases, a stand and earphones for a bargain of Ebay. I'd checked all the specs beforehand, and looked at Mr Mobile's year on review, to see that it was the right phone for me. I can't wait to get it. So I can't say I feel better about 'my' Priv, but I feel pretty good about getting what seems to be a premium, flagship phone (even a year and a bit on) for a neat price.
    bigedschukar likes this.
    02-26-17 11:51 AM
    Still happy with the PRIV but I can see myself picking up a KEYone down the road. The PRIV is my first PKB phone and although I enjoy using it, I'm not sure about giving up the VKB and screen size.

There are definitely some upgrades that would come along with the KEYone though... decisions... decisions...
    02-26-17 01:02 PM
    Still happy with the PRIV but I can see myself picking up a KEYone down the road. The PRIV is my first PKB phone and although I enjoy using it, I'm not sure about giving up the VKB and screen size.

There are definitely some upgrades that would come along with the KEYone though... decisions... decisions...
    I'm a first time pkb user as well and the priv has made me like it. I too like the option though. With that said, if the time came where I had to I needed or wanted to use a keyone all the time I know I could without missing a beat
    Event4izon likes this.
    02-26-17 01:17 PM
    As a none Blackberry person I'd been attracted by the hype about the Mercury, particularly due to my love of physical keyboards from my Palm Pre days. I saw the price tag and knew I couldn't afford it, so went out and picked up a Priv with two cases, a stand and earphones for a bargain of Ebay. I'd checked all the specs beforehand, and looked at Mr Mobile's year on review, to see that it was the right phone for me. I can't wait to get it. So I can't say I feel better about 'my' Priv, but I feel pretty good about getting what seems to be a premium, flagship phone (even a year and a bit on) for a neat price.
    I think you will like it. I'd buy another one tomorrow if needed
    02-26-17 01:17 PM
    Not had my Priv long and still enjoying it, Blackberry have made Android with their version ok, have not had any problems with build quality or battery life/ overheating, so will wait and see how reliable the Keyone turns out to be.
    02-26-17 01:41 PM
    The only upgrade path from my PRIV that I would consider is a DTEK60, not looking for a smaller screen w/pkb so the K1 does not interest me... but with all the new phones coming out... my focus is being drawn outside the BlackBerry family... we shall see...
    02-26-17 01:46 PM
    I'm going to be sticking with my PRIV. It has done me very well and I have both options of screen and keyboard I am fine with it. I'm yet to run into a problem where the phone was not capable of doing what I need it to do.. With that being said I wish the KEYone success and the new users a good experience, I do think it is a very good looking phone and who knows maybe a bit quicker..
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-26-17 02:18 PM
    I definitely feel like the KEYone is an upgrade. The performance of regular apps (non-gaming) crushes the PRIV. The PRIV is such a dog now.

Everything on the KEYone is better except that it doesn't have a virtual keyboard and gaming performance is weaker.

Given that, I'm not sure if I could go with the KEYone. I really like having the option of vkb and pkb (even though the PRIV keyboard sucks). If
    02-26-17 03:46 PM
    No Upgrade for me from Priv to the K1 until the price drops under 400€...600 are to much money for this device.
    02-26-17 04:13 PM
    The 808 SoC is a disaster to say the least. The 625 is much more streamlined and power efficient. Add the monster battery, a far superior keyboard, and one-handed use, I believe it's a worthy upgrade.
    I agree with everything except the keyboard, but I have no basis as I haven't touched the KEYone, but the PRIV's keyboard is amazing so I can't see the newer one being THAT much better.

All things being equal, the one thing I am extremely envious of is the fingerprint sensor. I used a Droid Z Force for one day (long story, bottom line, switched to Verizon for unlimited plan, find out Wife can't get service in her school building so had to send phones back and go back to AT&T) and the ability to turn the screen on and turn it off with the sensor was amazing. I know I know, it's not as secure I'm sure as a passcode or pin, but dang it's easy. That is the single thing that makes me want to upgrade.
    02-26-17 04:18 PM
    I am very happy with my PRIV. It is such a beautiful and sleek device and I love the large screen real estate. Also, it makes a statement. I just love the slider form factor on the PRIV. I ordered it on launch day and it arrived at the end of Nov. '15.
    I have to say I am intrigued with the KEYone and am following the news about it. I will be watching the reviews. I am almost totally a PKB person with rare exceptions, so the KEYone keyboard would be great.
    Since it isn't even out yet, it is hard to compare it with the PRIV. I am interested in how the back facing cameras compare because that feature is important to me. Not being a selfie person, the selfie camera on the PRIV is not such an issue.
    Who knows, perhaps there will be a PRIV 2 in the future with updated specs. (KEYtwo as in two keyboards LOL).
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-27-17 02:12 AM
    As nice as the KeyOne keyboard looks, it doesn't really seem like an "upgrade" from the Priv. The sensor on the KeyOne might be better but the Camera won't be. The screen doesn't sit flush with the frame, it has like a hump, plus I also don't like the size. I won't be getting a KeyOne for at least 6+ months after it drops, so that price can get to about $350-400!
    02-27-17 11:04 AM
    As nice as the KeyOne keyboard looks, it doesn't really seem like an "upgrade" from the Priv. The sensor on the KeyOne might be better but the Camera won't be. The screen doesn't sit flush with the frame, it has like a hump, plus I also don't like the size. I won't be getting a KeyOne for at least 6+ months after it drops, so that price can get to about $350-400!
    After taking a bunch of pictures, Kevin says the camera blows away anything BlackBerry has ever put out before. We'll see I guess.
    02-27-17 11:13 AM
    After taking a bunch of pictures, Kevin says the camera blows away anything BlackBerry has ever put out before. We'll see I guess.
    I honestly live my Camera and get tons of compliments on the pics and videos it takes. I'm def not in a rush to replay my Priv. I would like it to speed up on the Hub side of things. But I thinking that has something to do with the latest messenger update..slowed things down a bit.
    02-27-17 11:21 AM
    I own a Priv (although I use a DTEK60 as primary), but would consider the KeyOne an upgrade.
    Are you going to get a KEYone?
    02-27-17 12:10 PM
82 1234