What are we who are first (read last) time BlackBerry device purchasers (myself: Passport) going to do what with the likelihood of anyone else proffering a PKB device has been slaughtered by the shameless maneuvers of JC & Cie...?

I, for one, NEED a PKB due to a physical challenge.

When they OTA 10.3.3 there may be no way back to 10.3.2.x and if they break it more than the latest 2836/2876 fiasco, that leaves a DOA device...

The demise is deceitful and likely illegal were the SEC to awaken given BlackBerry is NASDAQ listed... I hope they pillory JC...

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    02-05-16 07:53 PM
    You can turn off Automatic Updates in Settings if you fear an OTA will be forced on you.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    02-05-16 08:02 PM
    I did...

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 08:03 PM
    I'm not sure why you put this in the Priv section, or frankly what you find actionable by the SEC.

I do know you need to try and curb the emotion. Your anger isn't going to change anything, and no one seems to be able to help you grasp an understanding of BlackBerry's situation.

I'm going to continue using my Z30 till I decide otherwise. I love the OS and phone, but I'll adjust when the time comes, and I'm sure you'll find a way to overcome too.
    02-05-16 08:12 PM
    A) You can go back to 10.3.2. Use an autoloader.
    B) You are making yourself angry assuming something that hasn't actually happened yet, that it will be broken more. See A above.
    C) I was born before the PC was invented. You don't "need" a smartphone, you want one, it is nice to have, but you don't need one.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 08:18 PM
    BB10 came out too late. They decided to give it a shot anyway. It did not succeed. They are slowly ramping down, but continuing support. Nothing actionable here. Move along.

This is not a conspiracy or a deception.
    Last edited by conite; 02-05-16 at 09:03 PM.
    02-05-16 08:23 PM
    Moved, and probably will be moved again.

Ya know what's ticking me off? The selfish behavior by many self-involved, whilst people lost their jobs today. Dayum!
    02-05-16 08:37 PM
    I take exception to pragraph C... I NEED a smartphone which functions as:

A personal security device in case of emergency at home alone or on the road

An adaptive device allowing me to perform many functions including but not limited to managing lighting of my home, opening electric door locks, calling for assistance, accessing my computer, viewing my security cameras, and much more I would not be able to do given my physical challenge

Maintain my social contact with friends, family, etc. not otherwise available to me

So...

A) You can go back to 10.3.2. Use an autoloader.
    B) You are making yourself angry assuming something that hasn't actually happened yet, that it will be broken more. See A above.
    C) I was born before the PC was invented. You don't "need" a smartphone, you want one, it is nice to have, but you don't need one.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    02-05-16 08:55 PM
    I, for one, NEED a PKB due to a physical challenge.
    A priv has a pkb.
    Won't that suffice?
    02-05-16 09:17 PM
    My empathies to your physical challenges, but many overcame them to become some of the most influential people in history, long before options like security cameras, automated locks, PCs or smartphones. You are blessed with many choices in conveniences, and again, I'm positive when the time comes, you'll find a replacement for your BlackBerry.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-05-16 09:33 PM
    Lol another lawsuit?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-05-16 09:37 PM
    A priv has a pkb.
    Won't that suffice?
    Yes it does have a PKB (Good) but it runs Android (BAD) Would NOT suffice for me.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    02-05-16 10:24 PM

Ya know what's ticking me off? The selfish behavior by many self-involved, whilst people lost their jobs today. Dayum!
    Word.

It's pretty sad to see how upset people get over things that don't really affect them. You have a phone that does what you need it to do? Great!!! You are a lucky human!! There are still some people who need to walk for 3 miles every day to get their supply of fresh water for their family. I wonder how these people would relate to us and our first world problems.

** IF BlackBerry doesn't release another handset, IF they don't release any more updates to their BB10 OS, they still aren't taking anything from you. They aren't wronging you in any way. It's so sad to see so many people playing the victim here. BlackBerry doesn't owe us any more than they've already given. They need to do what they can to survive as a company. If that doesn't align with your personal needs, well...
    BigBadWulf and SomeoneOrOther like this.
    02-05-16 10:52 PM
    02-05-16 10:57 PM
    First world problems, get over it. It's a cell phone, civilization wasn't at a standstill before BB10 came into play and won't be when/if it goes away.

Posted via CB10
    Witmen and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    02-05-16 11:06 PM
    Yes it does have a PKB (Good) but it runs Android (BAD) Would NOT suffice for me.
    I was trying to make a helpful suggesting for patapoof who has a physical challenge.
    Its not like anyone doesn't know your thoughts on the matter, but feel free to chime in.
    Rello likes this.
    02-06-16 09:14 AM
    I take exception to pragraph C... I NEED a smartphone which functions as:

A personal security device in case of emergency at home alone or on the road

An adaptive device allowing me to perform many functions including but not limited to managing lighting of my home, opening electric door locks, calling for assistance, accessing my computer, viewing my security cameras, and much more I would not be able to do given my physical challenge

Maintain my social contact with friends, family, etc. not otherwise available to me

So...
    Buddy the Priv does everything you need there and then some

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 10:17 AM
    Buddy the Priv does everything you need there and then some

Posted via CB10
    don't think so!
    non of my 60 built-for-BB app's will work with the PRIV, and I'm not willing to spend a penny on any Android app nor do I trust Google OS at all.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-06-16 10:40 AM

Agreed. I for one am very disappointed that BB10 has gone by the wayside, there aren't any really good alternatives, but that is trumped by the fact so many people are losing their jobs. A phone is a phone, but these are people.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-06-16 11:44 AM
    Seriously, another one of these again?

If you like BlackBerry 10, just keep your current phones. I do not see what the drama is about.

That is what I am doing. I am sticking with my Q10 and the Z10.

If you want to get new phones, just get new phones already. Jesus.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    02-06-16 11:56 AM
    This is not a conspiracy or a deception.
    02-06-16 01:31 PM
    You know, I will never understand why these posters feel that BB has done something illegal lol. lol like, one these days ya'll are going to have to actually know what you're talking about when you throw out these words lol
    02-06-16 01:54 PM
    Technology is good but not when it changes people in droves and leave few as disadvantaged. It is likely to happen when adaptive people have moved on to better/secure or changed technology.

Mobile phones changed people and it is irreversible fact. It is highly arguable if technology changed for good in spite of it seemingly bringing more convenience to people.

I want to tell OP when news of bb10 withering away became as strong I dug out my 2000 Ericsson t39m and spent two days on it. I did not miss anything except email and life around me did not stop. I understand you have limitations but they are limitations only as long you think of them as such. Use your phone as long you can or like to and move on to something else that comes along and suit your preferences. You cant buy everything with money anyway.
    02-06-16 05:23 PM
    What with all this I called our ATT store today to see if I can hold a priv in hand to see if I can live with the physicality. They say they had one but it didn't sell so they sent it back.
    02-06-16 05:28 PM
    So call another store?
    Or buy spare BB10 phones?
    02-06-16 06:46 PM
31 12