Is there any chance that the notification Profiles like on BB10 will make it to the PRIV? Any decent alternatives?

Posted via the Priv, unless by Passport or laptop or something else...
    08-28-16 08:37 PM
    what profiles do you mean? MM already has quick access menu and you can set a number of profiles there.
    08-29-16 05:19 PM
    Where? I thought I had to go into each app to set the notification? Is there a place I can do it all like BB10?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-29-16 09:16 PM
    I wish!! One thing I hate about the Priv..you can adjust Settings as easily as I could on regular BB. It is driving Nuts!!
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    08-29-16 10:10 PM
    what profiles do you mean? MM already has quick access menu and you can set a number of profiles there.
    I think I understand what OP meant but I do not understand what you mean. Do you mean the System UI Tuner? While I am happy to have this feature, it is not customisable like BB10. Also, I don't see profiles that can be set there. Am I doing something wrong? Even the "Add tile" function only allows me to add a "Broadcast Tile" which to me is absolutely useless.
    08-30-16 03:17 AM
    How do you switch from vibrate to ring mode, quickly.
    08-31-16 02:02 PM
    By using their quick shortcut icon for ringer volume

#whatisclassic
    08-31-16 02:43 PM
    I use an app called Tasker to create a batch settings change. You can create an icon and place it on the home screen. It's the best I could figure out. Bb10 was better in this regard.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for BBOS 5
    08-31-16 02:46 PM
    Anther app.. Too much work lol.
    I already have Photo Gird and others app I can't figure out. I guess you have to buy stuff? Can't be bothered.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-31-16 03:27 PM
    "Notification Profiles". It's on BB10 - it allows one to set volume, vibration for phone calls, alarms and various other notifications. One can set "profiles" (BB10 has several setup in advance) and is configurable. With BB10 and the quick access one can simply switch between the last 2 profiles used, or use a drop-down to get to a specific one.

The one in droid world simply sucks, cannot separate phone calls from other notifications and isn't truly configurable. I've also used Power Tools to aid (somewhat). I truly HATE that android hasn't thought to separate phone calls and other notifications out from one another. Example - I would like to be able to receive emergency phone calls at night but really don't give a crap if there's an update on Facebook or new spam email.

If nothing else separates a gadget from a business phone - this is it. The joke is that neither android nor iOS have put a thought into this. It should be baked into the OS, not via an add-on app - PERIOD!

So much for the "smart" part of "phone".
    09-02-16 09:01 AM
    "Notification Profiles". It's on BB10 - it allows one to set volume, vibration for phone calls, alarms and various other notifications. One can set "profiles" (BB10 has several setup in advance) and is configurable. With BB10 and the quick access one can simply switch between the last 2 profiles used, or use a drop-down to get to a specific one.

The one in droid world simply sucks, cannot separate phone calls from other notifications and isn't truly configurable. I've also used Power Tools to aid (somewhat). I truly HATE that android hasn't thought to separate phone calls and other notifications out from one another. Example - I would like to be able to receive emergency phone calls at night but really don't give a crap if there's an update on Facebook or new spam email.

If nothing else separates a gadget from a business phone - this is it. The joke is that neither android nor iOS have put a thought into this. It should be baked into the OS, not via an add-on app - PERIOD!

So much for the "smart" part of "phone".
    Actually, Android used to have separate volume sliders for notifications and ringer. I'm glad there isn't one anymore. On one custom ROM I used to use I had the option of linking them together or not linking them so we'd both be happy. Too bad there isn't such an option on Priv.

Regarding receiving phone calls, but not other notifications, you can do that with Priority only Do Not Disturb in Settings>Sound & notification. Later you just turn it on when you need that or set automatic rules for it.
    09-02-16 09:20 AM
    You can set a shortcut for ring volume on your home screen or set it to your volume mute button or some key on the keyboard with Buttons remapper.

I know it's "another app", but it's a good one

I don't see why don't you just press the volume up button and it goes from vibrate to ring.
    09-02-16 09:25 AM
    Here is how to handle the nighttime profile. Lots of flexibility in settings here. settings>sound and notifications>do not disturb>priority.

As for quickly turning off the ringer, just hold the down volume button. It will go from ring to vibrate. If you keep holding, it will go to silent. To go from silent or vibrate to ring for notifications, hold the up volume button. Quick and easy!
    FF22 and TBonius Rex like this.
    09-02-16 11:11 AM
    Overall, still nowhere near as flexible and usable as BB10 profiles. The key is that one can build a profile of phone (properly separated from other notifications), alarms in a much more user-friendly and functionally faster to implement manner. Toggling between profiles, as opposed to

1) adjusting the volume for notifications
    2) adjust the volume of alarms
    3) setup the phone call volume
    4) adjust the vibrate function.

It seems to me that there is no way to have vibrate function universally which works better in louder places.

Right now it's a hassle

Posted via the Priv, unless by Passport or laptop or something else...
    nuffznuff likes this.
    09-03-16 07:39 PM