I have maybe 100 Notes in my Priv and most of them were carried over from BB Memos.

With the Notes, I found I made mistakes with them all the time. Sometimes I would add characters to the title so I would have a hard time to find it later. Sometimes I would just delete it altogether.

Do you have similar experience?
    03-25-17 10:05 PM
    Notes is a big hot mess. I switched to keep and other are using Evernote that are cloud based
    03-26-17 12:12 PM
    I still use Notes with trepidation so I aLwAYS share to Keep which is a pain but better than recreation of the note
    03-26-17 01:20 PM
    What can I do to secure these notes?
    Not sure how to backup the Priv. It was easy with the old Desktop Manager.
    03-26-17 09:41 PM
    What can I do to secure these notes?
    Not sure how to backup the Priv. It was easy with the old Desktop Manager.
    I believe that they can only be sync-ed if you have an Active Sync account. Otherwise, I think that they are unfortunately locked to the app with no manual backup/restore. I am not sure if they are backed up if you have Main Settings, Backup enabled. I don't recall but there's some way of seeing some of what Backup does secure.

I manually copied each note to the clipboard and then pasted them into another Note Program - Note Everything. It was tedious, one note at a time. Others use Other 3rd party apps.
    03-26-17 10:41 PM
    If you have a Microsoft account and use OneNote, there is an app called BB10 Memoir that syncs your Remember notes to OneNote. It creates a separate notebook for them, but once they're in OneNote, you can move them around.

Remember had stopped syncing to Evernote about a year ago, and I missed the memo about it. So Memoir was an ***-saving app, and now I can access all my old notes on the Priv without messing with content transfer.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    john_v likes this.
    03-27-17 08:12 AM
    Notes is a big hot mess.[...]
    True.----> http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ecure-1057327/
    Since launch they didn't even re-introduced basic "list view". Worst thing though is that I don't trust that app any longer after loosing a couple of not business-related yet critical notes that were all between 8.000-18.000 words. The text just got auto replaced by blank text box when I wanted to save the new chapters and then automatically saved without me being able to retrieve it nor preventing this from happening. Since it happened to me a couple of times, I moved over to Docs To Go, although I miss the convenience of a fast (and reliable) note taking app (made by BB).
    03-27-17 08:49 AM
    If you have a Microsoft account and use OneNote, there is an app called BB10 Memoir that syncs your Remember notes to OneNote. It creates a separate notebook for them, but once they're in OneNote, you can move them around.

Remember had stopped syncing to Evernote about a year ago, and I missed the memo about it. So Memoir was an ***-saving app, and now I can access all my old notes on the Priv without messing with content transfer.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Thanks for the suggestion about Memoir. I just took a look at it in BlackBerry World and the reviews are quite negative, ranging from...it doesn't work, to the developer doesn't reply to requests for help.

Can you offer any advice on how to make it work successfully?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 12:41 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion about Memoir. I just took a look at it in BlackBerry World and the reviews are quite negative, ranging from...it doesn't work, to the developer doesn't reply to requests for help.

Can you offer any advice on how to make it work successfully?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    It does work, but it's very difficult to find the file. Memoir places an Internet shortcut in your Documents folder, called 'BB10 Notes by Memoir'. Double click on it, and it goes to your OneNote Online account. From there you can access your other notebooks and move the notes.

None of this was in the instructions, at least not in an understandable way. Perhaps it behaves differently for different people. I can see why the dev gave up on answering calls for help.

Download and run the app, and if you can't find the 'BB10 Notes by Memoir' web link in Documents, do a system-wide search for it.
    03-27-17 01:34 PM
    Thank you very much for the explanation. I would never have figured that out on my own. Much appreciated. I'll give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 02:42 PM
    I didn't clarify which Documents folder - in my case, it was the one in my OneDrive account.
    03-28-17 12:08 AM
    I am surprised that I did not see too many complains about this.
    Is Blackberry gong to fix this?
    03-29-17 10:20 PM