I'll try to make this short....
    My daily driver is BlackBerry Passport, but I'm getting tired of having two phones to switch back and forth on.

My trip phone is LG V10, which I take on trips when I know I'll need a good fast camera. Unfortunately even after OS updates and 3rd party apps the Passport still can't compare with speed when using the camera.

My wife has the Priv, and I've noticed that the functionality of the Priv has become much better since original release due to OS updates.
    But one thing is my wife never takes her phone out for pictures. It's not that she doesn't want to take pictures, but she is always trying to make the battery last the full day.

But the issue I have in jumping straight to the Priv is the non removable battery and screen time.
    With my LG V10, I have a spare battery, so when I get down to 2% battery I just pop and swap and 30 seconds later I have 100% battery again.
    If I were to switch to the Priv I'd loose that option, and I know picture taking can use up battery life pretty fast.

What's actual user experience for people on the Priv if your out on a trip and taking pictures almost non stop?

Do you have to start watching how much you use the camera or phone after 4 hours of heavy camera use? Or could you easily make it the rest of a 8 to 10hr day?

When I say heavy camera use, I'm referring to the phone in hand and screen almost never shutting off do to picture taking.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 10:10 AM
    Never pushed mine that hard, but have gone 3+ hours SOT with camera, 40 - 50 shots, some posted to FaceBook, along with texting, email etc, and the SOT associated with that.
    And had 20 to 30% battery after 10 or so hours.
    I've pretty much come to the conclusion that there are a lot of Priv's out there with really crappy batteries. Mine isn't one of them.

As far as removable batteries, don't think you are ever going to see a phone that has them again - Pity, it can't be that expensive.
    07-03-16 10:43 AM
    RAVPower

4.7 out of 5 stars**9,849Reviews

External Battery RAVPower 16750mAh Portable Charger Power Bank 4.5A Dual USB Output (iSmart Technology) Black

Amazon $32
    07-03-16 11:22 AM
    I'll try to make this short....
    My daily driver is BlackBerry Passport, but I'm getting tired of having two phones to switch back and forth on.

My trip phone is LG V10, which I take on trips when I know I'll need a good fast camera. Unfortunately even after OS updates and 3rd party apps the Passport still can't compare with speed when using the camera.

My wife has the Priv, and I've noticed that the functionality of the Priv has become much better since original release due to OS updates.
    But one thing is my wife never takes her phone out for pictures. It's not that she doesn't want to take pictures, but she is always trying to make the battery last the full day.

But the issue I have in jumping straight to the Priv is the non removable battery and screen time.
    With my LG V10, I have a spare battery, so when I get down to 2% battery I just pop and swap and 30 seconds later I have 100% battery again.
    If I were to switch to the Priv I'd loose that option, and I know picture taking can use up battery life pretty fast.

What's actual user experience for people on the Priv if your out on a trip and taking pictures almost non stop?

Do you have to start watching how much you use the camera or phone after 4 hours of heavy camera use? Or could you easily make it the rest of a 8 to 10hr day?

When I say heavy camera use, I'm referring to the phone in hand and screen almost never shutting off do to picture taking.

Posted via CB10
    You have access to a Priv in-house to run your own tests (surely your wife could compromise)...yet you want the perspective of another when you could test yourself o_O -

*If you take THAT many pictures why are you relying on a cellphone camera - they aren't meant to replace a point -n-shoot.......

*You can make an educated guess on her device usage to ascertain how taking a picture would effect battery

*To me a cellphone is for those moments of convenience, when I use my phone to record video or take several photos in one setting.....i expect the battery to drain.....thus I charge before and after as it isn't something I do daily....again if you need to take that many photos, I use my point n shoot not my cellphone.....People want these phones to be a phone, game system, digital camera, media player, etc. All these functions in one and gripe that the battery goes down....well DUH you are using it lol! Silly humans

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    ams083 likes this.
    07-03-16 12:13 PM
    Wezard thanks for the feed back, it's useful info.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 01:50 PM
    Gayle Lynn, I hope it would make it thru a 8 hour visit.
    100% to start, do my things for the day, then maybe have 20% when done and back around a charger.

I'm trying not to be tied up to two devices.
    Which carrying a battery backup around would defeat what I'd like.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 01:52 PM
    Jebe, she may be willing to trade up.
    But I'm not willing to trade any of my phones with her.
    She's already gone thru all of her insurance claims in less than 3 months and now she's stuck with a broken screen.
    Also I would have to wipe her phone due to all the junk apps she puts on her phone just to get a fare guess at what the usage would be.

Isn't phone cameras meant to be point and shoot? Not professional shots?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 01:57 PM
    Oops, wrong thread but... I always have some form of brick (small one size of a lighter or this). Mu Note II could swap battery but even OEM ones would balloon up and had trouble.

A brick the size of a pack of smokes is no? Even camera buffs need battery and storage cards.
    07-03-16 03:13 PM