After Warranty dept at BB decided my Priv needed to be replaced, they advised it might be two weeks before they had any replacements.

After a week and a half, 3 emails from them saying no ETA, they are no longer responding to emails. Somebody there must have an idea when warranty devices will be available.

It looks really bad when they can't honor their warranty, and don't even know when, or if they will be able to.

RMA# is RM05194501
    Case # is INC000030505427

Anybody else having this problem, or know anything?
    11-15-16 06:41 AM
    I would text @BlackBerryHelp and see what they say. Always got good response from them. You can also call BlackBerry because Priv owners have 1 year free phone support.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-15-16 11:34 AM
    Isn't "@BlackBerryHelp" a twitter, rather than a text? I don't use twitter
    The problem isn't contacting BB, the problem is, support and warranty acknowledge that device needs replacing - but they have no replacements. And further, have no idea when they will have any.

BB did finally respond to last email, they are going to escalate my case to the repair dept. Not sure what that means, but I will retract my statement that they are no longer responding.
    So far everybody there has been great, they just don't have devices, and anybody at a level I can reach, aren't being informed when the devices may be available -
    11-15-16 08:32 PM
    Try post in the official BlackBerry support forum you will get official response there
    11-15-16 08:53 PM
    11-15-16 08:55 PM
    Wow. Lets hope it will be remedied in a timely manner
    11-15-16 09:46 PM
    If they don't manufacture them anymore, than what stock is out there might be it. Obviously refurbished should be available. They might ultimately send folks back to the carrieri for some equivalent replacement from another brand or the dtek line???
    11-16-16 08:41 AM
    If they don't manufacture them anymore, than what stock is out there might be it. Obviously refurbished should be available. They might ultimately send folks back to the carrieri for some equivalent replacement from another brand or the dtek line???
    A year from date of initial release and they already have warranty support problems, my goodness I sometimes wonder what skills are needed to be an executive, sign me up.
    m_santos likes this.
    11-16-16 11:00 AM
    Hey, this isn't just a BB thing.

My son had a Ford with a CVT transmission that was only put in ONE year of this particular car. The transmission blew up (literally - holes in the case!) in mid-December. I took Ford a MONTH to decide whether they were going to rebuild the transmission in the car, or install a brand new one. Most of the issue revolved around availability, since this transmission was only used for the one model year.

So, this sort of thing can happen in other places as well.

Still aggravating, I will grant you that.
    11-16-16 11:40 AM
    What, have I run out of LIKES. I can't get a Like Button to operate.
    Wezard and gizmo21 like this.
    11-16-16 04:34 PM
    Like worked for me, but then you've used a lot more than I. If there is a limit, mayhap I should start being careful with them.

Being my device is almost a year old, I'm a bit surprised they were indicating replacement would be new. I'd be quite happy with a refurb, which one would think they would have plenty off.
    11-16-16 07:54 PM
    Like worked for me, but then you've used a lot more than I. If there is a limit, mayhap I should start being careful with them.

Being my device is almost a year old, I'm a bit surprised they were indicating replacement would be new. I'd be quite happy with a refurb, which one would think they would have plenty off.
    Well, LIKE is working in Chrome on the desktop but not firefox.
    11-16-16 09:21 PM
    Officially 2 weeks - no word from BlackBerry on when I will get a phone that actually works.
    No, I haven't contacted BB in the last couple of days, they agreed that phone needed replacing, issued RMA and said they would let me know when to expect new device. It's up to them to stay in touch, I shouldn't need to contact them daily. But I will send another email today.
    11-18-16 06:32 AM
    I would text @BlackBerryHelp and see what they say. Always got good response from them. You can also call BlackBerry because Priv owners have 1 year free phone support.
    Yes find them at Twitter, they are always quick to respond
    11-18-16 06:41 AM
    I don't twitter.
    They respond when I contact them - but don't know anything.
    Besides which, they said they would keep me informed, which they kinda do, every few days an email saying "we know nothing".

The problem isn't contacting BlackBerry, the problem is, they have no devices for warranty and no clue when they will have any.
    11-18-16 07:18 AM
    Depending upon where you live, you could open a complaint with something like the Better Business Bureau bbb.org.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 07:21 AM
    Update
    Nothing from BlackBerry since Tuesday, called them today, was routed to repair dept, which is where my case currently lives.
    They do not even know if replacement devices are available at this time.
    Guess I'll need to call back on Monday and see how far up the food chain I can get.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-19-16 09:19 AM
    Another update
    Wasn't able to call and wait on hold Monday, so I called today.
    Same story - no devices for warranty available, no idea when they will be, no way to find out when.
    This time I wasn't able to get past warranty dept to repair dept. I did ask to speak to a mngr, was told he was busy but would call me. He did, within a couple of hours, not bad, except he had the exact story.
    So a manager in warranty, can't find out when he can start to honor the warranty's he is responsible for.
    Reading between the lines of what I was told, I'm far from the only one in this situation.
    Something is not right with BlackBerry and/or the Priv.
    11-22-16 03:25 PM
    Another update
    Wasn't able to call and wait on hold Monday, so I called today.
    Same story - no devices for warranty available, no idea when they will be, no way to find out when.
    This time I wasn't able to get past warranty dept to repair dept. I did ask to speak to a mngr, was told he was busy but would call me. He did, within a couple of hours, not bad, except he had the exact story.
    So a manager in warranty, can't find out when he can start to honor the warranty's he is responsible for.
    Reading between the lines of what I was told, I'm far from the only one in this situation.
    Something is not right with BlackBerry and/or the Priv.
    Woww.. This makes me lose hope now. Even i was told that my device will be replaced. Still waiting for any update from them.
    Disgusting part is they held money from my credit card the same day i called them about the problem. Without even knowing when they would send a replacement device.
    They may force me move to another phone ( obviously not BlackBerry) if this is not solved next week.
    11-22-16 03:49 PM
    This is concerning, why offer warranties if they cannot back them up. I'm still paying for a warranty through BlackBerry. Is it worth even paying for a warranty at this point?
    FF22 likes this.
    11-22-16 04:32 PM
    This is concerning, why offer warranties if they cannot back them up. I'm still paying for a warranty through BlackBerry. Is it worth even paying for a warranty at this point?
    Don't know what to tell you. I'm still under the one year original warranty, (just barely).
    11-22-16 05:50 PM
    Excellent question.
    Wezard and chuckiev79 like this.
    11-22-16 06:07 PM
    Can any of you do a same device repair instead of the replacement? I don't know what was wrong with your phones but I always had the option to get my phone repaired instead of a replacement.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-22-16 10:34 PM
    my PRIV's primary microphone has stopped working and the headset jack (through normal use) has become faulty and does not connect correctly. this leaves Bluetooth as my only functional method for actual telephone voice calls. after several chats and calls and escalations (having to tell three separate TMo CSRs and one Retentions agent that T-Mobile no longer sells BlackBerry...) i was finally able to get T-Mobile to contact BlackBerry for a manufacturer's warranty exchange assist.

i was informed when BB initiated the RMA that there was a backlog, but that it would only push the two business day process to three to five days. i have now been waiting two weeks for the TRACKING NUMBER, but i am assured the replacement device is available:

BB: "We are still waiting for the tracking number in order for us to send the replacement unit. Please continue to be patient as we are doing our best to have the backlogs resolved as soon as possible."

Me: "Just curious exactly what this means. You have the replacement device, but cannot ship it?"

BB: "Yes, you're correct and that's because of the backlogs"

what's frustrating as hell is a NEW PRIV from BB this week is only $300 and would ship immediately. JUST SEND ONE OF THOSE!
    FF22 and chuckiev79 like this.
    11-23-16 04:25 AM
    BB: "We are still waiting for the tracking number in order for us to send the replacement unit. Please continue to be patient as we are doing our best to have the backlogs resolved as soon as possible."

Me: "Just curious exactly what this means. You have the replacement device, but cannot ship it?"

BB: "Yes, you're correct and that's because of the backlogs"
    Pretty much exactly what I'm being told, except they did admit on 2 occasions that they didn't have any to ship.

Can any of you do a same device repair instead of the replacement? I don't know what was wrong with your phones but I always had the option to get my phone repaired instead of a replacement.
    Yes, but as this is my only phone, I didn't want to have to go buy a new something for the 2 to 4 week repair. It does still work, kinda. I use a bluetooth, so I can answer calls without using the screen.
    11-23-16 06:55 AM
85 123 ...