I'm running an AT&T Priv bought on launch day. MM since the beta release.

For about a month or so I get an occasional notification that there is no sim card in my device. It only lasts a few seconds or a couple minutes and doesn't happen often but it is quite inconvenient.

The sim tray hasn't been removed since the att rep put my son card in on 11/6/15.

Hardware issue? Software?
    I didnt buy any warranty either. So, out of the box is there any coverage for this 9months later?

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    08-14-16 11:38 AM
    This sounds like something warranty should cover. Did you buy this phone from AT&T? If so, you have warranty coverage through them (usually good for a year.)
    FF22 likes this.
    08-14-16 12:44 PM
    I'm running an AT&T Priv bought on launch day. MM since the beta release.

For about a month or so I get an occasional notification that there is no sim card in my device. It only lasts a few seconds or a couple minutes and doesn't happen often but it is quite inconvenient.

The sim tray hasn't been removed since the att rep put my son card in on 11/6/15.

Hardware issue? Software?
    I didnt buy any warranty either. So, out of the box is there any coverage for this 9months later?

It comes with a ONE YEAR warranty. But you might also hit AT&T up for a new sim card and see how that goes. You could also remove and reinsert the sim card.

Try different reboot methods

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    raino likes this.
    08-14-16 12:44 PM
    See the discussion here too:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...error-1052850/

Was hit and miss with a number of us and for some it just went away.
    08-14-16 02:37 PM
    Thanks for all the input. I did buy direct from at&t. I've tried all the be boot options but not while having the problem, it goes away on its own.
    I think I'll try to get a replacement. It's got some other build quality and occasional charging issues as well.

FF22 likes this.
    08-15-16 12:08 AM
    Had a no Sim error and a no cell service error. Bell sent it back and it turned out to be a data corruption in the software. Not sure how it happened and bbry didn't elaborate. Works good now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    08-15-16 11:09 AM
    I'm hoping they just give me a replacement. I get the sim and service issues. Also, "searching for gps" quite often. "Creaky" back and screen. A lot of side to side play in the slider. And I feel it's overly picky with Chargers, maybe my imagination maybe a charging port issue.
    I shouldve taken it in a long time ago. All issues have existed since day one (except the sim) and have just gotten worse.

FF22 likes this.
    08-15-16 04:55 PM
    I had a lot of "no sdcard" messages on mine. Fortunately, I was in the first 30 days and was having another issue with the phone as well and so I exchanged it. Oddly, my problem didn't happen the first week I had the phone, but did start after the MM update also. Maybe it's a MM issue?
    08-15-16 05:41 PM