Anyone worried that it won't come in August? Lol. Ahhh the good ol' days when my prediction was perceived to be outlandish!
    07-28-16 06:02 PM
    I would sure like it to. I've been enjoying the S7 Edge, but part of me really misses using the Priv. If MM comes out, I will switch back to it at least for a while, and give it a second chance.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-28-16 06:16 PM
    Tomorrow perhaps

07-28-16 06:27 PM
    Anyone own one of those magic 8-balls?

FF22 likes this.
    07-28-16 06:28 PM

Everyone who is on Verizon has one. And we are all behind it!
    07-28-16 07:46 PM
    still nothing
    07-29-16 10:20 AM

Unfortunately I got my magic 8-ball from VZW once when complaining about a phone, all it ever shows is "SOON, MAYBE, or DOUBTFUL!"
    mmcclure0453 likes this.
    07-29-16 03:00 PM
    Ugh, just found out there are 4 total Android devices not supported by my work's EMM solution. 3 super old devices and, of course, PRIVs running Lollipop. *facepalm* So for me MM is not just for better features and security....it's for basic email functionality!
    Hope we get the darn update s.......hortly.

Posted via CrackBerry on my BlackBerry PRIV
    07-29-16 03:41 PM
    I work in and around Boston and live in NH. I went into a Verizon store in Cambridge to grab a pair of LG Tone Platinums cause I gave mine to one of my guys since we are working in a hospital and can't play music out loud. The person helping me asked me if it was for the S7 that was in my hand and I said no and pulled out my Priv. He said great phone and he pulled his out and said "We all were given Privs as our work phones." I couldn't believe it and I will get to that later. I asked him what the deal was with MM and he said that it passed Verizon testing in May and that it is BlackBerry that is holding it up. He said he has heard that it should be out, hopefully, in two weeks because they all hate not having Visual Voicemail and theirs' works on MM and it will be released for the Priv along with MM.

So before I went home I stopped in at the Verizon store in Manchester, NH, 40 miles away, and acted dumb by getting a Zagg for my Priv. Is this the norm, because they too all use Privs as their work phones and the guy helping me said that is what they were given. They all love them and they said the same thing as the Verizon store in Mass that MM passed in May and that Verizon's Visual Voicemail on the Priv only works with MM. That part sounds bizarre but they said that that is truly the case. They too can't wait for MM and corroborated the two weeks, hopefully.

So, hopefully, by the second week of August we will have MM but you know what, I care more for the ******* visual Voicemail and is that normal that the Verizon people are using Privs. I never go into the stores cause they are always packed with people and get all my phones from the website.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-16 06:00 PM
    I want to believe they know what they are talking about, but I have so little faith in VZ at this point. They are truly the worst. I end up spending more time obsessing over delayed updates than I do enjoying the phone.

07-29-16 06:04 PM
    Wow, a vastly different experience than I: My z10 died so I had to get a new phone. Not only did my nearby Verizon store (Charlotte, NC) not have the Priv, the attitude by the sales people (I talked to 3) was that BlackBerry is dead and they (BlackBerry) "gave it a go".

I went with an HTC 10. Really wanted to put my hands on the Priv, but due to this experience, lack of support by Verizon, and the fact the Priv doesn't support MM (I know, the Priv DOES just not on Verizon....) I didn't feel comfortable ordering online.

I honestly think someone at BlackBerry really pissed off someone at Verizon really badly years ago and they really, really hold a grudge.

Jason

07-29-16 06:39 PM
    I work in and around Boston and live in NH. I went into a Verizon store in Cambridge to grab a pair of LG Tone Platinums cause I gave mine to one of my guys since we are working in a hospital and can't play music out loud. The person helping me asked me if it was for the S7 that was in my hand and I said no and pulled out my Priv. He said great phone and he pulled his out and said "We all were given Privs as our work phones." I couldn't believe it and I will get to that later. I asked him what the deal was with MM and he said that it passed Verizon testing in May and that it is BlackBerry that is holding it up. He said he has heard that it should be out, hopefully, in two weeks because they all hate not having Visual Voicemail and theirs' works on MM and it will be released for the Priv along with MM.

So before I went home I stopped in at the Verizon store in Manchester, NH, 40 miles away, and acted dumb by getting a Zagg for my Priv. Is this the norm, because they too all use Privs as their work phones and the guy helping me said that is what they were given. They all love them and they said the same thing as the Verizon store in Mass that MM passed in May and that Verizon's Visual Voicemail on the Priv only works with MM. That part sounds bizarre but they said that that is truly the case. They too can't wait for MM and corroborated the two weeks, hopefully.

So, hopefully, by the second week of August we will have MM but you know what, I care more for the ******* visual Voicemail and is that normal that the Verizon people are using Privs. I never go into the stores cause they are always packed with people and get all my phones from the website.
    Now, go back and ask about Wifi calling?

I should have hit the Verizon store when I was at a shopping center (so far, I believe, the only center with a bricks/mortar Amazon book store) the other day or across from Costco today to see what they use.
    07-29-16 06:50 PM

Funny you should ask. I do have one. I also have the app on my Priv. Ask for yourself....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.magic8ball3d

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 08:15 PM
    Funny you should ask. I do have one. I also have the app on my Priv. Ask for yourself....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.magic8ball3d

Posted via CB10
    Maybe I'll ask Alexa (the Amazon device)....
    07-29-16 09:14 PM
    Maybe I'll ask Alexa (the Amazon device)....
    Don't ask Siri she'll just laugh at you.
    Oh VZW 101, blame the phone manufacturer when it is VZW that sets the standards.
    Last edited by 1linuxfreak; 07-30-16 at 11:17 AM.
    FF22 and mmcclure0453 like this.
    07-30-16 01:06 AM
    Tomorrow perhaps?

08-02-16 10:33 AM
    I attempted to tweet Verizon but I either did something wrong or since I don't tweet very much the Twitter system did not forward or present my tweet to Verizon.

Others might try suggesting that our security is at risk since we are not getting the updates in a timely manner. Also, without MM we can't regulate Permissions to keep our data private which also risks security and privacy.

Verizon's tweet address:

https://twitter.com/verizon
    08-02-16 10:52 AM
    How do I find my os ?

Thanks for the help. It is much appreciated.
    08-02-16 01:36 PM
    How do I find my os ?

Thanks for the help. It is much appreciated.
    Settings > About phone > Build number
    08-02-16 01:51 PM
    Magic 8 Ball - Will Verizon release the MM update for the Priv this week?

I think the 8 Ball works for Verizon. They both answer the same way...

Attached Thumbnails No security update (or marshmallow) this month for Verizon Priv?-3835.jpg  
    FF22 and misterabrasive like this.
    08-02-16 11:11 PM
    So verizon priv still sux with security updates and OS updates?
    04-10-17 03:00 PM
    So verizon priv still sux with security updates and OS updates?
    Well, from what I've seen, NO Priv has gotten the April update. Apparently, the dek50 has received it.
    04-10-17 05:01 PM
    Well, from what I've seen, NO Priv has gotten the April update. Apparently, the dek50 has received it.
    I may pick up a verizon priv if updates aren't so bad.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 07:17 PM
    They've been pretty good about getting them out since we got marshmallow. Just haven't seen the April one yet
    04-10-17 07:51 PM
49 12