What is the meaning of this? Have I been waiting for no reason?
    No Priv for Verizon, Sprint & US Cellular?-untitled.png
    10-21-15 09:23 PM
    What is the meaning of this? Have I been waiting for no reason?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	1838 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	376907
    I was just reminded that those companies, at least Verizon and Sprint, sell their versions directly, not through ShopBlackBerry.
    10-21-15 09:27 PM
    The Priv sold direct from BB is likely an unlocked GSM model. Verizon would need to release a version for their network far as I know. Same for Sprint etc.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-21-15 09:28 PM
    You gotta wait for it at the Verizon Store (online or brick).
    10-21-15 09:30 PM
    Ok, thank god my hopes aren't crushed yet. But it's looking like we'll have to wait another month before we get our hands on this phone. The wait is killing me
    10-21-15 09:31 PM
    That's because Verizon and Sprint are CDMA right?
    10-21-15 09:32 PM
    I've put myself on the waiting list.... for the Nexus 6P !
    10-21-15 09:33 PM
    This is just the STV100-1. There are likely 5 other models. Verizon and Sprint models aren't sold via Shop BlackBerry since only an unlocked GSM is sold there.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 09:33 PM
    10-21-15 09:35 PM
    That's because Verizon and Sprint are CDMA right?
    With Verizon as I understand, it's more because their system won't activate a device that was not made for them (MEID number range), even if it is compatible radio wise.

Joao Oliveira likes this.
    10-21-15 09:39 PM
    With Verizon as I understand, it's more because their system won't activate a device that was not made for them (MEID number range), even if it is compatible radio wise.

Then how can you have a phone like the new moto x pure that are compatible on ALL networks, including sprint and Verizon??

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 11:51 PM
    This is just the STV100-1. There are likely 5 other models. Verizon and Sprint models aren't sold via Shop BlackBerry since only an unlocked GSM is sold there.
    The STV100-3 and STV100-6 have shown up in leaks.
    10-22-15 12:09 AM
    Verizon only allows verizon branded phones. Us cellular isn't quite as bad but they are also cdma. Sprint is too, so who knows who gets what, but shopbb doesn't sell cdma.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 12:10 AM
    EVLeaks said all major U.S. carriers will be getting it.
    10-22-15 12:46 AM
    Why don't you just buy a phone and use it in the network of your choice. Here in Europe I can by an unlocked phone and use it everywhere. Just cut a new SIIM I Sweden, Norway, FB etc and start using ut.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 01:10 AM
    Why don't you just buy a phone and use it in the network of your choice. Here in Europe I can by an unlocked phone and use it everywhere. Just cut a new SIIM I Sweden, Norway, FB etc and start using ut.

Posted via CB10
    The carriers mentioned in the title are stuck on CDMA, just cause.

It helps that all of the European carriers have moved to GSM, as did pretty much every country in the world save the US/China.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 01:31 AM
    Verizon only allows verizon branded phones. Us cellular isn't quite as bad but they are also cdma. Sprint is too, so who knows who gets what, but shopbb doesn't sell cdma.
    As thurask suggests, why stay with carriers who force such restrictive practices on their customers, and who are out of step with the rest of the world with their outdated standards?
    10-22-15 10:30 AM
    Then how can you have a phone like the new moto x pure that are compatible on ALL networks, including sprint and Verizon??

Posted via CB10
    Because things are changing. A Verizon rep told me there are devices coming out that have universal radios and that they will activate on their network. The FCC has apparently put some pressure on them in this regard. Having to do with conditions of some spectrum they bid for and got -- but never really complied with (as I understand it).

But the fact that the Moto Pure is one of "these" devices (perhaps -- you say -- and I have no idea) does not also mean the Priv is.
    10-22-15 10:39 AM
    EVLeaks said all major U.S. carriers will be getting it.
    Right, but that does not mean they all can use the same model. I read it as there are several versions coming soon.
    10-22-15 10:41 AM
    As thurask suggests, why stay with carriers who force such restrictive practices on their customers, and who are out of step with the rest of the world with their outdated standards?
    Have you seen Verizon's coverage map? That alone should answer your question. Then there are nuances like plan costs, corporate deals, etc.

Posted via CB10
    PJD642 and baspeed like this.
    10-22-15 10:42 AM
    Because things are changing. A Verizon rep told me there are devices coming out that have universal radios and that they will activate on their network. The FCC has apparently put some pressure on them in this regard. Having to do with conditions of some spectrum they bid for and got -- but never really complied with (as I understand it).
    Examples are the new Iphones, Moto X Pure, & upcoming new Nexus phones.
    10-22-15 10:42 AM
    Examples are the new Iphones, Moto X Pure, & upcoming new Nexus phones.
    Cool. That's great. But it does not mean the Priv is the same. But we will see.
    10-22-15 10:47 AM
    So we have seen enough info that we know there will be a Verizon Priv. I don't think that's in dispute.

But many of us have been here a very long time. I will say this. I would be very surprised if Verizon got the phone in November. I would be happy, but very surprised.

If history serves a guide, if the GSM is released in November.... Maybe February for Verizon? This is how every single BlackBerry release that went cross carrier happened. Except for the Storm.

Sorry folks but unless BlackBerry figured out how to do a USA wide release for the first time, I would expect wailing and knashing of teeth. Only then will we see a Verizon release.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 12:35 PM

The new Moto x's and Nexus phones can be activated on Verizon. You just need an active nano SIM card. Quite a few people are already using the new Moto phones on Verizon. A Android Central editor is testing the new Nexus phones on Verizon. He just pulled an existing active SIM card out of phone and put it in the Nexus phone.
    10-22-15 12:50 PM
    So we have seen enough info that we know there will be a Verizon Priv. I don't think that's in dispute.

But many of us have been here a very long time. I will say this. I would be very surprised if Verizon got the phone in November. I would be happy, but very surprised.

If history serves a guide, if the GSM is released in November.... Maybe February for Verizon? This is how every single BlackBerry release that went cross carrier happened. Except for the Storm.

Sorry folks but unless BlackBerry figured out how to do a USA wide release for the first time, I would expect wailing and knashing of teeth. Only then will we see a Verizon release.

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts for the most part exactly. The only little bit of hope I do have is that it is Android which sells unlike BB10. This alone might mean it's coming in November. Even though still BlackBerry, the android part may have some pull

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 12:57 PM
58 123