All of my BlackBerrys have been through Verizon: Storm, Storm 2, Z10. I asked Verizon Sales via chat if they would carry the BlackBerry Priv, and he responded that they haven't been given information if they would carry any more BlackBerrys!
    10-14-15 05:10 PM
    All of my BlackBerrys have been through Verizon: Storm, Storm 2, Z10. I asked Verizon Sales via chat if they would carry the BlackBerry Priv, and he responded that they haven't been given information if they would carry any more BlackBerrys!
    Carrier reps aren't exactly the best source of information. You're better off trusting Evan Blass, he's the only spot on leaker so far:

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/633863396807458816
    10-14-15 05:15 PM
    Wow. This close to release and so many definitively unanswered questions. Shame.
    10-14-15 05:20 PM
    While the Priv has made the "official" appearance on the BlackBerry website and known through discussions and interviews with Chen, there has been no formal availability announcement.

Once that happens, along with a full press release, then all the participating carriers will have their press releases. Right now, all such info is kept at the corporate level between BlackBerry and the various carrier device relations execs.

The lowly carrier customer service rep or sales person would know nothing at this point, because nothing has been officially announced and passed down to them.

Now, you may find an enterprising rep here and there who finds things out on their own, or actually keeps up with all the online rumor talk, but even then there's not much they would be able to reveal.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 06:00 PM
    The last thing you want is to get any phone thru this carrier. It takes them forever to release updates from their past record. Wonder how BB will achieve the promise of timely security patches with Verizon as a bottleneck.
    10-14-15 06:27 PM
    The last thing you want is to get any phone thru this carrier. It takes them forever to release updates from their past record. Wonder how BB will achieve the promise of timely security patches with Verizon as a bottleneck.
    That's actually one thing I'm wondering. I HATE the fact that my Classic is bought directly unlocked from the manufacturer and not a carrier unit, but because I have a Telus/Koodo SIM in it, it follows their carrier schedule, not to mention automatically downloading carrier software on SIM installation.

I hope this is not the case now that it's Android.
    10-14-15 06:33 PM
    If you're device is unlocked purchased from BlackBerry, then it shouldn't follow Telus' schedule. Have u tried removing the SIM and checking for updates over wi-fi ? Or using BlackBerry Link ?

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Telus
    10-14-15 06:45 PM
    Well sometimes if you want a phone you can actually use, then you have to use that carrier. I have 2 choices and the other one is worse.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 07:41 PM
    If you're device is unlocked purchased from BlackBerry, then it shouldn't follow Telus' schedule. Have u tried removing the SIM and checking for updates over wi-fi ? Or using BlackBerry Link ?

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Telus
    I'm not sure. Every single time there's an update, I don't usually get it until someone else on Koodo/Telus posts about it. Same for Link.

Even my friend on Rogers is seeing the same thing on his ShopBB Passport.
    10-14-15 07:44 PM
    Information needs to come from the carriers already. While rumors say all 4 US carriers, the carriers themselves need to opine on this.
    10-16-15 01:48 PM
    I have learned early on that when it comes to BlackBerry, carrier reps are clueless. I don't blame them though, it seems like BlackBerry just enters through the back door with carriers, and all of the sudden they are selling them. The majority of people I have ran into or know, know nothing about BlackBerry 10.
    10-16-15 02:03 PM
    This is one of 2 things that make me hesitant to buy this Priv. I don't want to buy phones thru the carriers anymore. They take forever to update. There are choices now like the Nexus, Moto X Pure, or even the IPhones with iOS9. If I buy an unlocked Priv, then it likely will be useless on the CDMA network. So I have to wait until I can get out of my contract (phone contracts: the high tech version of involuntary servitude, seriously!).

The other thing to make me hesitant is the release with Android 5.1 instead of the new 6 Marshmallow.
    10-16-15 04:10 PM
    This is one of 2 things that make me hesitant to buy this Priv. I don't want to buy phones thru the carriers anymore. They take forever to update. There are choices now like the Nexus, Moto X Pure, or even the IPhones with iOS9. If I buy an unlocked Priv, then it likely will be useless on the CDMA network. So I have to wait until I can get out of my contract (phone contracts: the high tech version of involuntary servitude, seriously!).

The other thing to make me hesitant is the release with Android 5.1 instead of the new 6 Marshmallow.
    This not being able to use a non-branded Verizon phone on their network is just pure bs.
    10-16-15 04:13 PM
    This not being able to use a non-branded Verizon phone on their network is just pure bs.
    The Moto X Pure Edition, according to the Android forums are being used in Verizon's network.
    10-16-15 04:19 PM
    That's why I can't wait until voice over LTE to be fully implemented so I don't have to worry about that crap anymore. Then again. Who's to say that I will be eligible since I'm still on grandfathered unlimited data.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 04:28 PM
    Sorry. You're right. My understanding is that it is the same for the Nexus 5x and 6. Supposedly also for ios9. Someone with more knowledge can confirm or refute. The key is, we should be able to buy our phones for any network anywhere, and not be wedded to the carriers, which unfortunately we are with Verizon.
    10-16-15 04:29 PM
    I certainly hope it comes to Verizon!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 04:52 PM
    I was in a vzw store 2 days ago activating a z30 the rep asked me if I saw the new Android blackberry. I played dumb and just let him talk. He said nothing was in the system yet but he heard that vzw was getting it.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 05:29 PM
    I was in a vzw store 2 days ago activating a z30 the rep asked me if I saw the new Android blackberry. I played dumb and just let him talk. He said nothing was in the system yet but he heard that vzw was getting it.

Posted via CB10
    We can hope.
    10-16-15 06:21 PM
    nothing in the system prior to a potential November release, that's not good. usually carriers would get them a month in advance for training purposes. to sum it up, Verizon won't be getting it. Glad i am with tmo, the uncarrier.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 06:35 PM
    It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Verizon isn't going to carry it. I had to argue with Verizon sales staffs just to get a Z10.

Posted via Z10
    10-16-15 06:43 PM
    It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Verizon isn't going to carry it. I had to argue with Verizon sales staffs just to get a Z10.

Posted via Z10
    Geez. I guess it's off to AT&T. However, evleaks said they're getting it, and he has been precise on every rumor. We'll need to wait and see. It's a shame no one will say who is carrying this device.
    10-16-15 06:47 PM
    Geez. I guess it's off to AT&T. However, evleaks said they're getting it, and he has been precise on every rumor. We'll need to wait and see. It's a shame no one will say who is carrying this device.
    They probably will carry it, just... not very early on.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 07:14 PM
    If Verizon doesn't carry it, I'm off to Tmobile. Couldn't get the Passport and I'm not passing this one up. Or AT&T, their service is pretty comparable to Verizon where I am.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    10-16-15 11:07 PM
    Verizon should just disappear. Just let it go Verizon, let it go.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    10-17-15 04:59 AM
38 12