It's 8AM EST and just checked the website and nothing for pre orders? I have sent at least 15 registration request and haven't had one official email telling me the Priv is ready for pre order???

For a company who wants to sell 5 million devices a year, I sure as hell don't see any effort to make it happen????
    Yeah, it's concerning.

There is still no page for the Priv in the "Smartphone" section of the Blackberry website...

There are online ads running, articles about the phone on the web, and they are allowing pre-orders starting today, but there is still no definitive info about the phone on the Blackberry website??!? That's crazy!

And I haven't seen any press release either, why would you not at least put out a press release on all the major wire services?
    10-23-15 01:21 PM
    They may not have the manufacturing volume for a real launch.
    10-23-15 01:38 PM
    Yeah, it's concerning.

There is still no page for the Priv in the "Smartphone" section of the Blackberry website...

There are online ads running, articles about the phone on the web, and they are allowing pre-orders starting today, but there is still no definitive info about the phone on the Blackberry website??!? That's crazy!

And I haven't seen any press release either, why would you not at least put out a press release on all the major wire services?
    I believe the actual launch date is in early November, when the device actually starts shipping. For some reason they have embargoed detailed data on the device until then. Perhaps the software build is not entirely locked-in yet, and they don't want anyone reporting on pre-release functionality. Or they may not have 100% finalized their rollout carrier agreements and pricing (eg with Verizon) , and don't want articles claiming things like "Not available on Verizon", or "Verizon price $1200", until all that has been concretely hammered-out. The competitive landscape changes hourly - if a major competitor makes a price drop the day before rollout, they might change the rollout price, for example.
    10-23-15 06:09 PM
    Just send a bunch to the Kardashians and if she twitters about finally doing away with old Blackberrys and onto one phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 08:58 PM
    I'm actually not too worried about this launch. It was a soft launch.. Seems like the only people this soft launch was aimed at were for people who have been following this phone.

I think blackberry, along with every carrier who will support the priv will go on a full on blitz with advertising this phone.

It's weird I see this soft launch as as a way for those eager to get the phone early, to get the phone early but instead everyone is ridiculing blackberry for it.

I say wait until Nov 6 and see if there's any type of official launch.
    10-23-15 09:23 PM
    I say wait until Nov 6 and see if there's any type of official launch.
    My guess is official carrier partner launch on Nov 6 worldwide, new $599/$799 off-contract carrier pricing, followed by a Black Friday (or Christmas/Boxing Day) sale slap on a coupon and bring the unlocked one down to $799, which was the real intended price. $100 tax for early adopters.
    10-23-15 09:30 PM
    No Priv Launch Event - Does it concern you?-img_20151024_081400.png

More marketing

Posted via CB10
    the brother likes this.
    10-24-15 07:38 AM
57 123