So I've made a huge mistake playing with Tasker (app). I've accidentally created a task that locks the phone every time the screen display is on. This means I can't use my phone at all, it will just keep locking itself every time I press the power button because that turns on the display. I'm frustrated as hell. The only way I can see this problem being fixed is through a hard reset via the hardware buttons. I've tried and tried and I cant seem to find a way to hard reset the phone. Can anyone help me out? Thanks
    03-24-16 11:10 AM
    Hold power button in for just over 30 seconds .

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    03-24-16 11:20 AM
    Here's one list of what holding the power button down for a specific number of seconds does. Hope it helps.

How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-16 11:25 AM
    question...when i hold down the power button for 32 seconds...during that time it reboots itself to the blackberry logo and then again and again...is this normal for the 32 second reset?
    03-24-16 05:01 PM
    question...when i hold down the power button for 32 seconds...during that time it reboots itself to the blackberry logo and then again and again...is this normal for the 32 second reset?
    No, the phone should reboot and then open and be usable.
    03-24-16 05:29 PM
    Hold power button in for just over 30 seconds .

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    Thanks this worked for me. It wasnt a hard reset though. Im actually not sure what it did but it stopped tasker from screen locking my phone. Cheers.
    03-24-16 06:22 PM
    If you are still holding the power button it will continously reboot (not fully, but after it's off... basically what happened to you).

Just have to hold the power button until you get to the reboot screen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-24-16 07:27 PM
    If you are still holding the power button it will continously reboot (not fully, but after it's off... basically what happened to you).

Just have to hold the power button until you get to the reboot screen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    +1...the 32 second hold is supposed to be the equivalent of removing the battery.
    03-25-16 07:38 AM