Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 10:43 AM
    Living on the edge!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 10:45 AM
    TL;DR
    12-17-15 10:46 AM
    Picked up my Priv last night and thought I would be able to switch SIM cards between phones. Going to get my nano SIM today and there will be no going back to my awesome Z30. Sad to see it go but looking forward to my new phone.
    Any must have apps or suggested settings please reply below as this is my first Android device.
    Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 10:47 AM
    Picked up my Priv last night and thought I would be able to switch SIM cards between phones. Going to get my nano SIM today and there will be no going back to my awesome Z30. Sad to see it go but looking forward to my new phone.
    Any must have apps or suggested settings please reply below as this is my first Android device.
    Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    I would recommend that you have a read through the forum here. There are a ton of great suggestions just waiting for you to discover!
    nickdollimount likes this.
    12-17-15 10:53 AM
    You've made a wise decision. Enjoy. It's awesome!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 05:10 PM
    Be open minded and you will love the device.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2836) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    12-17-15 05:17 PM
    Be open minded and you will love the device.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2836) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    I'm thinking about getting one too.

I bet you wouldn't PEG me as open-minded

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 05:28 PM
    Enjoy it ! Got mine on Tuesday and I am very excited!
    12-17-15 05:55 PM
    You can always put in a sim adapter..
    12-17-15 05:58 PM
    Just got my Priv tonight! I'm actually typing this post using the physical keyboard!

It's definitely going to take a little bit of time for my fingers to get used to the new layout coming from a Passport!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-17-15 07:26 PM
    Enjoy the Priv is a great device you won't be sorry. Don't listen to all the negative reviews and trashy articles the Priv rocks.

paulbbp likes this.
    12-17-15 07:40 PM
    Moved to the Priv from my Z30 about two weeks ago. Hub isn't as good, but not bad either. Should improve with time as it did on BB10. Big reason for me moving to the Priv was the number of Android apps I was using (and which were slow and increasingly being broken when updated due to incorporating Google Play services).

My must-have apps on the Priv include Solid Explorer with USB OTG add-on, PrintHand, Ultimate To-Do List, Pushbullet, and Firefox with uBlock Origin add-on. I also have AVG anti-virus and Max Total Security.

I miss Browsie Browser and Peek & Flow gestures. Oddly, OneNote doesn't yet work on the Priv (worked on the Z30).

Pcmx and 2WheelSpeed like this.
    12-17-15 07:53 PM
    Moved to the Priv from my Z30 about two weeks ago. Hub isn't as good, but not bad either. Should improve with time as it did on BB10. Big reason for me moving to the Priv was the number of Android apps I was using (and which were slow and increasingly being broken when updated due to incorporating Google Play services).

My must-have apps on the Priv include Solid Explorer with USB OTG add-on, PrintHand, Ultimate To-Do List, Pushbullet, and Firefox with uBlock Origin add-on. I also have AVG anti-virus and Max Total Security.

I miss Browsie Browser and Peek & Flow gestures. Oddly, OneNote doesn't yet work on the Priv (worked on the Z30).

While I may purchase a Priv later on, oddly what I got from this is to finally purchase Browsie Browser after considering it for a while hehe
    12-17-15 08:45 PM
    Congratulations, excellent choice.

12-17-15 08:55 PM
    Going to get my nano SIM today and there will be no going back to my awesome Z30.
    Um... you do know there are nano to micro SIM adapters right?
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    12-17-15 09:14 PM
    Um... you do know there are nano to micro SIM adapters right?
    I do, but that's too much work. ;-) That and I need to sell my other two devices to pay for this one. Stay tuned for an awesome Z30 and Z10 going up for sale.

12-17-15 11:46 PM
    Welcome to the club. Don't forget to update all the BlackBerry apps straight away.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    12-18-15 12:39 AM
    With the new keyboard, I recommend you set up shortcuts from the homescreen. Just hold down any letter and you will be able to set shortcuts like speed dial or to open an app!

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice
    12-18-15 01:53 AM
    If you want to get rid of the stock google messenger app, I've tried a couple. QKsms is from Kitchener Ontario, but they don't supply a privacy policy. It works similar to the google one but more feature's.

But for now I am using Textra, they have good privacy policy. All the work still goes through carrier and they don't have personal information on you (unlike a few others in play store)... it work's good in the hub so far, when you click a message in hub it more appears like a pop up widget instead of jumping you to the app like Google messenger...

Signal also seems decent to replace google messenger and also allow for encrypted texts and calls if the others person has their app (almost an all in one of they had video calls).. Sadly tho this one won't work with Hub

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    12-18-15 03:17 AM
    Welcome to Thunderdome!!!
    12-18-15 08:21 AM
    If you want to get rid of the stock google messenger app, I've tried a couple. QKsms is from Kitchener Ontario, but they don't supply a privacy policy. It works similar to the google one but more feature's.

But for now I am using Textra, they have good privacy policy. All the work still goes through carrier and they don't have personal information on you (unlike a few others in play store)... it work's good in the hub so far, when you click a message in hub it more appears like a pop up widget instead of jumping you to the app like Google messenger...

Signal also seems decent to replace google messenger and also allow for encrypted texts and calls if the others person has their app (almost an all in one of they had video calls).. Sadly tho this one won't work with Hub

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    SMSs are not synced with google servers, even if you use their messenger app or even Hangouts (hangouts does support SMSs).
    12-18-15 08:34 AM