I no longer have a front facing camera. AT&T can't figure it out. I've been DM'ing with blackberry help on Twitter, and they want me to press the power button for 32 seconds and complete some other tasks. What exactly does that do? Forgive my naieveness, but this doesn't do a factory reset or anything like that? I would hate to lose anything by doing this operation.

Thanks in advance!
    10-31-16 09:16 PM
    I no longer have a front facing camera. AT&T can't figure it out. I've been DM'ing with blackberry help on Twitter, and they want me to press the power button for 32 seconds and complete some other tasks. What exactly does that do? Forgive my naieveness, but this doesn't do a factory reset or anything like that? I would hate to lose anything by doing this operation.

Thanks in advance!
    Here's some info on the various methods of restarting

From BB blog: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2015/...to-reset-priv/

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    10-31-16 09:47 PM

Thanks in advance!
    Here's some info on the various methods of restarting

From BB blog: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2015/...to-reset-priv/

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won�t close, use this option to restart your device.

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

Safe Mode:

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it�s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    10-31-16 09:47 PM

Thanks in advance!
    Here's some info on the various methods of restarting. You might want to got to the end where Safe Mode is discussed. It might help eliminate an oddball app that is interfering with that camera.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Safe Mode:

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

10-31-16 09:50 PM

Thanks in advance!
    First of all download BlackBerry Virtual Expert and make tests for camera.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-01-16 08:02 AM
    Thank you! I'll give this a try!
    11-01-16 10:51 AM
    If there's a way I can give mine to you. I don't use it at all. LOL
    ihearlivepplz and FF22 like this.
    11-01-16 03:36 PM
    If there's a way I can give mine to you. I don't use it at all. LOL
    you mean the camera or the phone? just pm me if you wanna give me phone, i ll send you my adress!
    11-01-16 04:35 PM