At one time I used to get app updates downloaded and installed automatically. I have that option set to work on wifi. A while ago I stopped getting auto updates. If I went to the play store I'd have sometimes up to 30 app updates waiting. I don't even get notifications that there are updates available!

I tried deleting updates to play store (because the app itself can't be deleted). Not only has that not helped, but I never got a chance to re-install those play store updates!

Anyone have any clue? I've tried deleting cache, etc. Don't want to wipe the phone! Any way to force a reload on play store?
    05-21-16 10:02 PM
    Anyone have any clue? I've tried deleting cache, etc. Don't want to wipe the phone! Any way to force a reload on play store?
    Only by clearing it's settings and cache, which you claim to of have done already. You might also want to simply try disabling auto update, reboot, then enable it again. Also make sure it's not set to only work on WiFi.
    05-22-16 02:59 PM
    I do have it set to only update on wifi, which is what I want. I'm almost always on wifi. I'm not certain that I tried deleting all settings, only cache... I guess I'll try that next
    05-22-16 06:46 PM
    would you happened to checked wifi off when phone is sleeping? if so, the phone will cut off wifi during charge which would cause your playstore not auto updating apps.
    05-23-16 08:49 AM
    No just checked it and it's set to always on. Really strange. Cleared all data yesterday and still no updates or notifications. There are several app updates available. I'm beginning to think maybe I have some other app that is interfering...?
    05-23-16 09:31 AM
    Interesting: I found that if I click on the build number in playstore settings, it says that a new version will be downloaded and installed. However it doesn't load a new version. Even after a reboot.

I used OS Monitor to see messages right after requesting the playstore download, and the following results.. The "W" messages all came up right after playstore said it would download new version. Anyone have any clues?
    Attached Thumbnails No auto app updates-1464016595553.jpg  
    05-23-16 10:16 AM
    OK, after numerous emails from BlackBerry support advising to try all the regular stuff I'd already tried, I decided to find the latest playstore apk file and manually force an update. Twenty minutes later 10 apps auto-updated!! Problem solved. :-)
    FF22 likes this.
    05-25-16 04:20 PM