So, from this source, I've gathered that blackberry is going to phase out bb10 surely but slowly, and it's going towards android.

BlackBerry may abandon BB10 operating system and and switch to Android - The Economic Times on Mobile

How reliable is this? Is it really happening?
    02-04-16 11:53 AM
    This is old news. There are multiple threads on this already starting with Chen's statement back in October that he needs to hang on to BB10 for "at least a year" in order to get the security certifications for the Priv.
    Last edited by conite; 02-04-16 at 01:36 PM.
    02-04-16 11:55 AM
    If people still do not know bb10 will be phased out soon is living under a rock.

Posted via Priv
    02-04-16 12:32 PM
    Hey, I live under a rock and I heard the news. Us 'under rocks' people get such a bad rap when it comes to new things.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    andyk350, Jrox74, KemKev and 1 others like this.
    02-04-16 01:45 PM
    No, the old news is that John Chen said he will not abandon bb10 and that they're still releasing new software version this year.

The news that I posted is one that mentioned yes blackberry will be leaving bb10 to android, just like how they left bb7 for bb10.

All along I thought they won't phase out bb10 ever, but the article and interviews shows otherwise. This news was just reported last week, how can it be old news?

Or am I really living under the rock?
    02-04-16 10:03 PM
    So, from this source, I've gathered that blackberry is going to phase out bb10 surely but slowly, and it's going towards android.

BlackBerry may abandon BB10 operating system and and switch to Android - The Economic Times on Mobile

How reliable is this? Is it really happening?
    It's fairly obvious it's going to happen; been reported for while and business wise in my view; although sad, has to happen.
    02-04-16 10:41 PM
    This news was just reported last week, how can it be old news?
    It's old news here because it has already been discussed extensively in other CrackBerry threads since last week.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 11:14 PM
    Here we go again.
    Forum is now filled with Priv threads and BB10 is dead/phased out/discontinued threads.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 11:16 PM
    No, the old news is that John Chen said he will not abandon bb10 and that they're still releasing new software version this year.

The news that I posted is one that mentioned yes blackberry will be leaving bb10 to android, just like how they left bb7 for bb10.

All along I thought they won't phase out bb10 ever, but the article and interviews shows otherwise. This news was just reported last week, how can it be old news?

Or am I really living under the rock?
    Yes! You are really living under a rock.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 11:26 PM
    My bad. I feel like an *****. Please delete this thread lol
    02-05-16 12:51 AM