I'm seeing a lot of the feedback from the new dtek phone, I like the fact most of the feedback is that it is thin, light, we'll built, and still very responsive if you're not a heavy user especially.

But I like this pkb, and the slider so the phone isn't too tall. So I'm wondering if there's going to be a a new version of the Priv that's lighter and thinner. My only complaints on this phone is the weight and size. So is there anything?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Acchaladka likes this.
    08-17-16 10:31 PM
    Who knows at this point it's possible there will never be one if BlackBerry drops hardware.

If it happens you are probably looking at a year at least I would think.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for for Priv
    BB_PP likes this.
    08-17-16 10:35 PM
    Frankly, as a slider, I don't see how it can get lighter or thinner and still have room for a reasonable battery. As is, folks complain about battery life.
    WT44, JeBe4, fanisk and 3 others like this.
    08-17-16 11:55 PM
    yeah and Blackberry themselves said they couldnt put in a better front facing camera because of the slider. So who knows, update device on the Priv would be really nice.... larger battery and a better rear and front camera is all im asking for. They can keep everything else the same.
    Sigewif and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-18-16 12:02 AM
    I was thinking about just this the other night, and it occurred to me that there have been a lot of BB employees on here and in the beta zone asking particular hardware-focused questions, so my thinking is that there will be one final, swan song-esque piece of BB hardware to come, maybe meant to be like, the culmination of all the years of hardware R&D that BB has done before they exit the hardware market entirely, as they clearly are planning on doing based on what they did with the DTEK.

Purely conjecture, and it's just my own line of crazy thinking, but it sure would be a hell of a way for BB to exit the market, refresh the Priv with some kind of crazy cool tech, and clear up all the manufacturing deficiencies, I know I'd buy whatever that would be.
    WT44, Wezard, Acchaladka and 1 others like this.
    08-18-16 09:07 AM
    I was thinking about just this the other night, and it occurred to me that there have been a lot of BB employees on here and in the beta zone asking particular hardware-focused questions, so my thinking is that there will be one final, swan song-esque piece of BB hardware to come, maybe meant to be like, the culmination of all the years of hardware R&D that BB has done before they exit the hardware market entirely, as they clearly are planning on doing based on what they did with the DTEK.

Purely conjecture, and it's just my own line of crazy thinking, but it sure would be a hell of a way for BB to exit the market, refresh the Priv with some kind of crazy cool tech, and clear up all the manufacturing deficiencies, I know I'd buy whatever that would be.
    I like it but I also like:

skinnymike1 and artemis-kun like this.
    08-18-16 01:55 PM
    Maybe it all depends on what they just released

08-18-16 10:30 PM
    I'm seeing a lot of the feedback from the new dtek phone, I like the fact most of the feedback is that it is thin, light, we'll built, and still very responsive if you're not a heavy user especially.

But I like this pkb, and the slider so the phone isn't too tall. So I'm wondering if there's going to be a a new version of the Priv that's lighter and thinner. My only complaints on this phone is the weight and size. So is there anything?

I love the existing Priv, as for the pkb I don't ever use it. I'm considering gluing it shut to be perfectly blunt.

andy957 likes this.
    08-18-16 10:35 PM
    I love the existing Priv, as for the pkb I don't ever use it. I'm considering gluing it shut to be perfectly blunt.

And I use it a heck of a lot more than I ever thought so I guess it just depends on the person. Both keyboards have a place for my usage. I could live without the pkb but I don't want to at this point if it isn't necessary lol. I honestly would probably have never tried a pkb unless I found a super cheap (read free) Q10 or classic. I'm kinda glad they put the pkb on the priv.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    vpblaze likes this.
    08-18-16 11:02 PM

One of the interesting things about people is the complaints. One the phone is to big, to small.......battery life is this or that......well lets be frank but my name is not frank..LOL. Battery life means a large battery, or CPU throttled back, or very small screen. If you want a slider phone, it will not be small or thin or lite..................People like to carp about this and that, I know the 6S Plus is large and heavy, but Apple is giving the public what it wants. Large screen and better battery. The Priv is the same thing, keyboard large screen and good battery life=large fat phone.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-19-16 07:09 AM
    Chenny boy said there would be a Passport 2, and one of his execs said there would be 'many' BB10 devices with keyboards.

This is a company that doesn't know its tuchus from its elbow
    FF22 and Q10Bold like this.
    08-19-16 07:13 AM
    At this point I think not. They need to give us a classic style android device with all the bells and whistles (high end).

I welcome my stalker
    megafan2000 likes this.
    08-19-16 07:18 AM
    I really taught that the PRIV and it's slider keyboard would have gotten more attention... I know the price was high at launch, and on some Carrier's it is still overly high...

But maybe if you consider that most smartphone users never owned a Palm or a BlackBerry back in the day... it helps explain why there isn't much demand for a PKB device.
    08-19-16 07:22 AM
    Chenny boy said there would be a Passport 2, and one of his execs said there would be 'many' BB10 devices with keyboards.

This is a company that doesn't know its tuchus from its elbow
    When we're either of these statement made? You sure you weren't just hearing what you want to hear?

08-19-16 07:26 AM
    When we're either of these statement made? You sure you weren't just hearing what you want to hear?

Do a search on Crackberry's news archives.

Oh and by the way, this company will ditch you Android users in a heartbeat if it feels it will help increase the 'margin' so don't sit there so comfortable just because Chenny boy gave you 'the Google'.
    08-19-16 07:33 AM
    You will never see another PRIV. BlackBerry gave up on hardware design and fired all the teams. All they do now is take others hardware and put their version of Android on it. Like the DTEK50.
    08-19-16 07:50 AM
    A PKB is not, nor ever will be a mass consumer device, so just from a volume of production point, it's going to expensive.
    To the typical consumer, a smart phone is entertainment / toy first, communication device second, business / productivity tool "what? you can do that?" and back to social media seconds later.
    I hope they continue to build PKB's, and they prob will, a mid spec classic styled device, for corp deployment.
    I want a high end device, with a big beautiful screen, (yes, I also use mine as a toy) and a PKB. Unless I want to carry around a tablet sized device this means a slider. And I'm afraid the Priv may be the last one,
    Short emails and texts, I use the VKB, but for any serious document work, out comes the PKB.
    You don't need a PKB for "OMG! LOL!" followed by a couple of yellow half melted things, so, I'm in a small minority.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-19-16 07:51 AM
    I love my PRIV I think it is perfect, I am not a heavy user (Facebook, news, weather ) I do not think it to heavy the battery is great, only thing is I do not use the PKB as much as I thought I would ... maybe the DTEK ??
    08-19-16 08:06 AM
    Do a search on Crackberry's news archives.

Oh and by the way, this company will ditch you Android users in a heartbeat if it feels it will help increase the 'margin' so don't sit there so comfortable just because Chenny boy gave you 'the Google'.
    A little butt hurt aren't you? Again the statement made about BB10 devices is by the COO who said "its not off the table" He didn't say "many more are coming" as you claim. Get your facts straight.

08-19-16 08:22 AM
    Again the statement made about BB10 devices is by the COO who said "its not off the table" He didn't say "many more are coming" as you claim.

Look a little further back.
    08-19-16 08:44 AM
    Unless you haven't been playing along at home, yo should have realized that there hasn't been a v2 of any device for a long, long, long time. Each and every new device that comes out has a bizarre name that confuses the market... The Priv failed as a device in terms of sales, so why would they launch v2? With the announcement of the DTEK50, this is the new path. Rebrand some other device as your own...
    andy957 likes this.
    08-19-16 08:44 AM
    yeah and Blackberry themselves said they couldnt put in a better front facing camera because of the slider. So who knows, update device on the Priv would be really nice.... larger battery and a better rear and front camera is all im asking for. They can keep everything else the same.
    Far better build quality is also needed. Put a bit of nice metal too.

08-19-16 08:58 AM
    Look a little further back.
    Why don't you just source it?

08-19-16 09:16 AM
    Unless you haven't been playing along at home, yo should have realized that there hasn't been a v2 of any device for a long, long, long time. Each and every new device that comes out has a bizarre name that confuses the market... The Priv failed as a device in terms of sales, so why would they launch v2? With the announcement of the DTEK50, this is the new path. Rebrand some other device as your own...
    I suspect there will be no new Priv and no more BlackBerry designed phones period.

Priv is more than likely the last we get. Company has made it clear they are moving towards software and away from hardware. May see another BlackBerry branded phone but sadly that's it.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    FalkirkEagle and andy957 like this.
    08-19-16 10:35 AM
    I really taught that the PRIV and it's slider keyboard would have gotten more attention... I know the price was high at launch, and on some Carrier's it is still overly high...

But maybe if you consider that most smartphone users never owned a Palm or a BlackBerry back in the day... it helps explain why there isn't much demand for a PKB device.
    For what it's worth, Telus are selling new Privs for $100, provided you plump for their $90 per month, two-year contract. I miss the PKB I had on my Passport, but it fell apart after barely a year in service and was going to cost too much to fix, so as tempting as the offer of a $100 Priv seems, I have to say, 'No more BlackBerry phones for me'.
    08-19-16 12:42 PM
63 123