Is the AT&T Priv now basically the same as factory unlock? I don't mean that the update will unlock the phone but is the build version supposed to be identical to shopbb ones?
    10-18-16 02:10 AM
    Yup as far as I know the update removed att bloatware too
    10-18-16 02:24 AM
    Guess that makes sense, I just checked that it's the exact same build # as the factory unlock one which is AAG853
    10-18-16 02:33 AM
    You need to network unlock your device first. Bear that in mind, then you gonna get same build as shopBB units
    10-18-16 04:40 PM
    You need to network unlock your device first. Bear that in mind, then you gonna get same build as shopBB units
    Are you sure about this? You have to carrier unlock the Priv before you will get this ota update?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    10-18-16 06:55 PM
    I'm holding unlocked AT&T Priv which just updated to AAG853 Can't be more sure
    10-19-16 03:41 AM
    Finally...AT&T free Priv...looking forward to further updates directly from Blackberry.
    10-19-16 04:28 AM
    Why havent I received the notification update???

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-19-16 10:07 AM
    I'm holding unlocked AT&T Priv which just updated to AAG853 Can't be more sure
    I understand and acknowledge that it worked for you. But this doesn't prove that the same thing can't happen for a carrier locked AT&T Priv bought from a third part liquidator. Does anyone know or have experience with such a device vis-a-vis this latest Blackberry OTA update?
    10-19-16 10:35 AM
    I understand and acknowledge that it worked for you. But this doesn't prove that the same thing can't happen for a carrier locked AT&T Priv bought from a third part liquidator. Does anyone know or have experience with such a device vis-a-vis this latest Blackberry OTA update?
    you mean ebay? i got mine from ebay, if that matters
    10-19-16 01:54 PM
    you mean ebay? i got mine from ebay, if that matters
    Did you unlock it using an unlock code or are you using it on AT&T?

10-19-16 01:59 PM
    Did you unlock it using an unlock code or are you using it on AT&T?

Unlock code. I'm using Vodafone
    10-19-16 02:48 PM
    Finally...AT&T free Priv...looking forward to further updates directly from Blackberry.
    So I've been reading about this but unsure what this all means. I bought by Priv through AT&T and use their network. If I unlock the Priv through the Cellular settings, will I get updates straight from BB?

10-19-16 03:05 PM
    So I've been reading about this but unsure what this all means. I bought by Priv through AT&T and use their network. If I unlock the Priv through the Cellular settings, will I get updates straight from BB?

Until we get more replies that might answer that question affirmatively, I would not count on it. Maybe someone knows if "sold carrier UNlocked" is the same as applying an UNlock code personally.
    10-19-16 03:15 PM
    I bought an unlocked At&t branded Priv but have a GoPhone Sim installed. Anyone know whether this will allow the AAG853 build to override the AAG873 (if factory default reset is performed) ? I have an unlock code at the ready. I'm not sure whether I'd have to switch to a Cricket or Tmobile Sim to take advantage.

I'm getting regular updates now on AT&T, but it seems too attractive to me to get rid of the bloat and receive updates directly from BlackBerry, if so.

10-19-16 03:38 PM
    My understanding is the unlocked att Priv must be on another network.
    10-19-16 04:29 PM
    Got my Priv from a crazy sale in Ebay few months ago
    Got the update AAG853 today and man, this update ERASES all the bloatware from AT&T

10-20-16 10:54 AM