So after almost 2 years of enjoying my Passport I decided to buy a Priv last friday. I was waiting for what BlackBerry had to bring and rebranded Alcatels isn't my thing. Unfortunately I experienced more of the limitations of bb10 so I started to look into the Priv and made the jump to the android world.....

First impression, good looking device, premium built and feeling. After using it for 3 days, great device! I was formiliar with android so it wasn't new to me. What BlackBerry made of it is good. Not as messy as android on Samsung, just nice. I miss the Hub, and some other things but the Priv is a good successor for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 01:38 PM
    Enjoy it... many here love it, and I expect with the price reduction and the clearer picture for BB10... more will be joining you.
    09-26-16 01:42 PM
    I love the Hub on the Priv where u can slide a message or email to snooze or delete. Quite helpful with work messages. I finally sold my Classic and am very happy with the Priv.

Posted via my Priv
    09-26-16 02:14 PM
    So after almost 2 years of enjoying my Passport I decided to buy a Priv last friday. I was waiting for what BlackBerry had to bring and rebranded Alcatels isn't my thing. Unfortunately I experienced more of the limitations of bb10 so I started to look into the Priv and made the jump to the android world.....

First impression, good looking device, premium built and feeling. After using it for 3 days, great device! I was formiliar with android so it wasn't new to me. What BlackBerry made of it is good. Not as messy as android on Samsung, just nice. I miss the Hub, and some other things but the Priv is a good successor for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean, you miss the Hub? Do you not have it on your Priv?
    09-26-16 03:14 PM
    I miss the BB 10 Hub ;-)
    Hub on the Priv is not the same as the BB 10 Hub

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 03:23 PM
    I was disappointed that BB10 did not catch on. Although I will still use my PlayBook and Q5, the lack of support, the lack of app development and the static Android support is making it harder to use these as my main drivers.

Given that scenario, I gave in and got the PRIV. As Android devices go, BlackBerry certainly put in a lot of effort to ensure security was important and that as much of the old hub experience could be had. I like the screen size, the bright display and the presence of a physical keyboard which frees up screen real estate. The look and feel of the device are professional and solid. I don't seem to have the same problem as others with a loose back or other annoyances. The Marshmallow version of Android gives a smoother experience than the Lollipop version did when I first fired up the PRIV and before the Marshmallow update was complete.

All in all, I am happy with my recent purchase.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-26-16 03:44 PM
    I miss the BB 10 Hub ;-)
    Hub on the Priv is not the same as the BB 10 Hub

Posted via CB10
    No, it's not quite the same. But it is getting better and better with every update.
    Enyigma and andy957 like this.
    09-26-16 03:56 PM