Comparing my recently received replacement Priv to one its replacing, the 0 key next to the space bar on the hard keyboard does not stick out as much as the other keys or make as much a click when I press it.

Given that it takes so many hours to transfer and set up a new device, I am hesitant to order another replacement, but am also disappointed in the tactile feel of this key and concerned that its condition will deteriorate.

Anyone else have this problem?

I guess a corollary to all this is my amazement, frustration and disappointment that Blackberry doesn't provide a much better new device transfer function than going thru Google...having to re-setup every email account and reinstall every app, and re-position every icon on multiple home screens, and re-create numerous home screen short cuts -- your talking 8+ hours of work for a new device (maybe more) is very troubling.
    09-05-16 02:55 PM
    Comparing my recently received replacement Priv to one its replacing, the 0 key next to the space bar on the hard keyboard does not stick out as much as the other keys or make as much a click when I press it.

Given that it takes so many hours to transfer and set up a new device, I am hesitant to order another replacement, but am also disappointed in the tactile feel of this key and concerned that its condition will deteriorate.

Anyone else have this problem?

I guess a corollary to all this is my amazement, frustration and disappointment that Blackberry doesn't provide a much better new device transfer function than going thru Google...having to re-setup every email account and reinstall every app, and re-position every icon on multiple home screens, and re-create numerous home screen short cuts -- your talking 8+ hours of work for a new device (maybe more) is very troubling.
    who said that you have to do all this manually it have apps . did you visited the blackberry site???? the priv section the priv set up maybe transfer files to priv on the blackberry site maybe?????

Dont just post random thing before you ask search or look for!
    09-05-16 04:27 PM
    who said that you have to do all this manually it have apps . did you visited the blackberry site???? the priv section the priv set up maybe transfer files to priv on the blackberry site maybe?????

Do you have a link? I just did a quick look around on the Priv support and did not see TRANSFER data/backup/restore info or links.
    09-05-16 05:32 PM
    I called blackberry when doing a transfer from the Passport to the Priv, and they had me transfer thru Google.

But perhaps transferring from Priv to Priv I see there's a "tap and go" Android to Android capability mentioned elsewhere. Maybe this makes migrating to new devices easy/easier?
    09-05-16 06:33 PM
    Do you have a link? I just did a quick look around on the Priv support and did not see TRANSFER data/backup/restore info or links.
    there you go transfer content from the straight from the Blackberry site .... you go to the site press support and there you Go!
    Content Transfer - Global
    BlackBerry Training
    PRIV - New BlackBerry Android Secure Smartphone - Global

Cheers thats the links i was mentioning before ..
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-16 03:30 AM

Perhaps you should read OP's post again. Your response isn't helpful. He is stating that he doesn't see why BlackBerry don't have their own data transfer. Have you yourself used Google's? It doesn't work that great. I've never had full success with it myself, and like OP find it easier, but painful, to just set everything up manually.

Bb10 had a great data transfer tool.

BlackBerry PRIV STV100-1 6.0.1
    Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    09-06-16 08:19 AM
    Perhaps you should read OP's post again. Your response isn't helpful. He is stating that he doesn't see why BlackBerry don't have their own data transfer. Have you yourself used Google's? It doesn't work that great. I've never had full success with it myself, and like OP find it easier, but painful, to just set everything up manually.

Very well said , BlackBerry 10 had a fantastic way to backup and restore things but unfortunately now we are in the Android / Google world....

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    09-06-16 12:54 PM

I did not use niehter one nor second , nor android nor bb 10 , so ... no idea . I knew there was such think in Blackberry's site about transfer ... like the links i provided you guys above check them out.
    09-06-16 02:59 PM