So, say I get an email notification in the notification tray. I open it and read the email. Same with WhatsApp, Facebook, sms etc.

Now when I explicitly open BlackBerry Hub, there they are. Still unread.

What's up with that?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-07-16 03:59 PM
    So, say I get an email notification in the notification tray. I open it and read the email. Same with WhatsApp, Facebook, sms etc.

Now when I explicitly open BlackBerry Hub, there they are. Still unread.

What's up with that?

That's why, it's the Hub app issue which BlackBerry still has to address and rectify. I always have that for WhatsApp notifications, even when I've cleared all notifications when I'm in the WhatsApp app itself, when I go back to the Hub they all still remained shown as unread. Migosh..

07-07-16 06:56 PM
    Should see some improvements to this in the next release.
    tonycara57 likes this.
    07-08-16 08:59 AM
    That's why, it's the Hub app issue which BlackBerry still has to address and rectify. I always have that for WhatsApp notifications, even when I've cleared all notifications when I'm in the WhatsApp app itself, when I go back to the Hub they all still remained shown as unread. Migosh..

Way too annoying
    How has this been ignored for so long?

07-08-16 11:31 AM
    Way too annoying
    How has this been ignored for so long?

Perhaps other things were more of a priority?

07-08-16 01:27 PM
    Blackberry users get tons of emails. Personally, I go over 300 per day. So you can imagine how frustrating it could get.

07-08-16 03:20 PM
    This shouldn't be happening with email. Only certain social notifications integrated into the Hub.
    07-08-16 06:33 PM
    This shouldn't be happening with email. Only certain social notifications integrated into the Hub.
    Yeah exactly. That's what's been happening to my Hub. But as per your recent reply that this issue will be solved then OK I'll wait for it but please, don't take too long OK..

Also (I know it's OOT) please release the next gen BBM with video calls capability to video call with BB10 soon please..

gebco likes this.
    07-08-16 06:48 PM
    I actually only have this issue with email. I swipe away on texts, fb messages, twitter notifications, etc from the tray and they appear as read in the hub. Swiping away emails? Nothing. Every time.

07-08-16 08:53 PM
    I actually only have this issue with email. I swipe away on texts, fb messages, twitter notifications, etc from the tray and they appear as read in the hub. Swiping away emails? Nothing. Every time.

Yes, that's expected behavior today. The reason is that we can't show a preview of all the content you could have so you might end up missing important messages.
    07-09-16 08:39 AM
    Yes, that's expected behavior today. The reason is that we can't show a preview of all the content you could have so you might end up missing important messages.
    I would like to be the one to determine if a message is important. An option to fix this behavior would be nice.

qwertyhgfdsa likes this.
    07-09-16 03:06 PM
    Well, sadly it does. It happens with all notifying apps.

I would like to be the one to determine if a message is important. An option to fix this behavior would be nice.

Agreed. Let's not go the route of iPhone that gives no control to people.
    07-10-16 04:56 PM
    It sounds like you're describing a slightly different issue. Can you describe the issue further and steps to reproduce? Or specifically with email what type of email account you're experiencing this with.
    07-10-16 05:26 PM
    It sounds like you're describing a slightly different issue. Can you describe the issue further and steps to reproduce? Or specifically with email what type of email account you're experiencing this with.
    Basically, I have a Google apps email that comes in. I see it on the notification drawer, and click on it.

I read the email, respond if need be. And we're done.

Same thing with an SMS, or WhatsApp or Facebook. I interacted with those notifications straight from the drawer.

At a later point in time, I open my BlackBerry Hub. The aforementioned actions I had taken from the notification drawer should have marked those are read. Hence, show up in the hub as read.

However, there they are in their full glory sitting as unread.

Does this clarify?

07-12-16 11:02 AM
    Basically, I have a Google apps email that comes in. I see it on the notification drawer, and click on it.

Same thing with an SMS, or WhatsApp or Facebook. I interacted with those notifications straight from the drawer.

At a later point in time, I open my BlackBerry Hub. The aforementioned actions I had taken from the notification drawer should have marked those are read. Hence, show up in the hub as read.

Does this clarify?

Oh and to add to that's, when I explicitly open WhatsApp and message a contact ... at a later time, I should see that sent message or 'activity ' in the hub. But I don't.

07-12-16 11:03 AM
    Oh and to add to that's, when I explicitly open WhatsApp and message a contact ... at a later time, I should see that sent message or 'activity ' in the hub. But I don't.
    That one is different. We don't have access to sent message content in the Hub like we do received content via the notifications. Would need WhatsApp to make that content available via API which we don't have today.
    07-12-16 12:57 PM

Does this clarify?

For the email issue, there was a bug fixed where responding to an email in an activesync account (google apps generally is) that sometimes that status can flip back to unread. Fix will be in our next release.

For social providers, we put a good number of improvements in for the case you call out as well in our next release.
    07-12-16 12:58 PM
    That's interesting, I don't believe this is an issue on my device I will check and see but I've accessed notifications from both fields with no bug qualms.

07-12-16 02:37 PM
    For the email issue, there was a bug fixed where responding to an email in an activesync account (google apps generally is) that sometimes that status can flip back to unread. Fix will be in our next release.

For social providers, we put a good number of improvements in for the case you call out as well in our next release.
    Thanks much!
    However the WhatsApp issue is different now. I open it from the notifications, but it remains unread in the hub. :/

08-19-16 08:06 AM
    Thanks much!
    However the WhatsApp issue is different now. I open it from the notifications, but it remains unread in the hub. :/

Yeah sometimes I also experience that, not fully resolved as yet. But it's improved.

Posted via my PRIV!
    08-19-16 11:29 AM
    Yeah sometimes I also experience that, not fully resolved as yet. But it's improved.

Posted via my PRIV!
    Absolutely. It's better... but it can't just be better. It needs to be best. That's how BlackBerry will go to the next level.

08-22-16 09:12 AM
    WhatsApp integration with the Hub is terrible.

08-22-16 09:19 AM