If the app is fully closed then re-opening the app now takes a full 4 seconds?!
    Also new with this is the blue screen with the envelope in the middle. I do not understand why they introduced this blue screen intro especially not when that intro is the cause that it now takes 4 secs to show my E-mails. This cosmetic change is not an improvement. Hope they will restore the old situation without that intro SOON.
    kadakn01 likes this.
    03-12-17 05:52 AM
    If the app is fully closed then re-opening the app now takes a full 4 seconds?!
    Also new with this is the blue screen with the envelope in the middle. I do not understand why they introduced this blue screen intro especially not when that intro is the cause that it now takes 4 secs to show my E-mails. This cosmetic change is not an improvement. Hope they will restore the old situation without that intro SOON.
    Yes. I recognize it too. 3-4 seconds to start the app. And now with a blue startup screen. :/
    03-12-17 06:04 AM
    My hub opens immediately when i open it by any of three methods:
    - Right swipe shortcut
    - left hub tab
    -select hub from app drawer

So, no problems with delay for me.

Re the blue screen, yeah i see it, but it doesn't particularly bother me.

Edit
    Maybe delete app, and re-install.
    03-12-17 06:09 AM
    I have a feeling it opens a bit faster than before. A second and a half, maybe two, from fully closed.

The blue picture is actually kinda nice to see while waiting for it to load, IMO. And I don't believe loading that 30.4 KB png requires any significant resources that would slow its launch down.

Don't think I'm dissing you, I certainly hope your problem gets fixed, just saying I don't have a problem with this update.
    john_v likes this.
    03-12-17 06:26 AM
    Think a clear cache must be in order
    03-12-17 06:32 AM
    Nowhere near 4 seconds here, pretty sure it's still less than a second.
    The first couple of times, it seemed slower, but I think it was the blue screen w envelope tricking my brain.
    If it is any slower, it's milliseconds, and single digits.
    Definitely clear the cache and reboot.
    03-12-17 07:31 AM
    Like others have said... clear the cache and also reboot.

I didn't reboot my PRIV for 3 weeks and it was so slow I was going to throw it at the wall. I miss the days of BlackBerry 10 where I could not reboot for months. I rebooted, and the PRIV was back to it's snappy self!

So yeah, clear cache and reboot.
    03-12-17 08:01 AM
    Yes it takes just a second. Even the hub behaviour is improved alot. In previous version it used to show first white screen and then dark theme display.. Which is resolved with update... nice experience at present.....
    03-12-17 08:04 AM
    I have a feeling it opens a bit faster than before. A second and a half, maybe two, from fully closed.

The blue picture is actually kinda nice to see while waiting for it to load, IMO. And I don't believe loading that 30.4 KB png requires any significant resources that would slow its launch down.

Don't think I'm dissing you, I certainly hope your problem gets fixed, just saying I don't have a problem with this update.
    I second this.
    03-12-17 08:18 AM
    Clearing data, cache, & rebooting the device holding the power button (until it vibrates for the 3rd time), made it 1 second faster.
    Still, 3 secs was more than half that it was before the update. You would see the list of E-mail messages immediately, so aside from the sync it was instant. Mirko, I'm not saying that a 30 KB pic would cause this lag, but fact of the matter is, that in my case, without this new intro, load time of the Hub was half of what it is now and I did not change nor add anything. The new intro is just redundant and solely has an unnecessary cosmetic purpose.
    03-12-17 08:26 AM
    Actually I think all apps are doing that now after the BlackBerry launcher update. I've seen facebook and a couple others do it too, although much more of a quick flash than the hub.
    03-12-17 08:55 AM
    It's slightly slower cause the blue screen loads first, but not 4 seconds.
    03-12-17 09:04 AM
    I had this exact problem. The Hub would take forever to open and just lag especially when pinching to unread/read filter.

I grew weary and started deleting every app that the Hub speaks to - my two email accounts, social media, WeChat, LinkedIn, everything.

Reboot the phone.

Download the apps one by one.

Hub is lightning fast again. Zero lag. No hang up whatsoever.

Hope this helps.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-12-17 09:44 AM
    Mirko, I'm not saying that a 30 KB pic would cause this lag, but fact of the matter is, that in my case, without this new intro, load time of the Hub was half of what it is now and I did not change nor add anything. The new intro is just redundant and solely has an unnecessary cosmetic purpose.
    I was just trying to say that I find it hard to believe that that small image (the actual image is just the icon, the blue background seems to be a simple background color change) would cause your problems. There's probably something else, unfortunately, I have no clue what so can't help you more.

And yes, it is just a cosmetic change, but I personally like it as long as it doesn't affect performance. Obviously, you'll disagree since it appears to affect performance in your case.
    03-12-17 10:52 AM
    The hub always takes a couple of seconds when it's the first time you launch it, but if you leave it open in the memory it will launch immediately when you open it. Why are you closing it every time?
    03-12-17 11:05 AM
    I have had no issues, I don't close my hub in the background, so I don't see the startup screen often, but the few times I have its been very snappy.
    03-12-17 11:08 AM
    I've noticed the same. Thought it was odd.
    03-12-17 04:07 PM
    The hub always takes a couple of seconds when it's the first time you launch it, but if you leave it open in the memory it will launch immediately when you open it. Why are you closing it every time?
    ^ this. I almost always leave the hub open as a recent app. Others I will close, but that one I leave open.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 11:44 PM
    Something changed as this is now a problem. Every time the Hub is opened, there is a delay. If you keep the Hub opened as suggested in one of the prior posts above, the Hub is quick and snappy. Lets hope this is resolved soon.
    03-13-17 06:16 AM
    This may not be an issue with the Hub per se, but the BlackBerry Launcher update. There have been some reports of general sluggishness after the recent slew of BlackBerry app updates. I have noticed a general lack of responsiveness after the update. Sometimes apps require two or three taps to even open.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    03-13-17 08:13 AM
    This may not be an issue with the Hub per se, but the BlackBerry Launcher update. There have been some reports of general sluggishness after the recent slew of BlackBerry app updates. I have noticed a general lack of responsiveness after the update. Sometimes apps require two or three taps to even open.
    I actually did notice that, but it completely cleared after a few hours. I just figured it was Androids usual sluggishness after any updates.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-13-17 08:22 AM
    I have had issues with an overall slower Priv as well as the blue screen when I switch to the hub. Another issue is when I hold the power button 32 seconds, my Bluetooth connections are reset (it shows none) and I have to reconnect all of them. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Last edited by kadakn01; 03-27-17 at 08:24 AM.
    03-26-17 10:37 PM
    How do you clear cache?
    03-27-17 05:31 PM
    How do you clear cache?
    Settings (hamburger wheel)>Apps>Hub>Storage>Clear Cache.
    But clearing cache isn't really fruitful in this case.
    03-27-17 06:42 PM
    I have had issues with an overall slower Priv as well as the blue screen when I switch to the hub. Another issue is when I hold the power button 32 seconds, my Bluetooth connections are reset (it shows none) and I have to reconnect all of them. Has anyone else experienced this?
    A lot of times I will need to resync or re pair my watch, but my headset is fine. Very odd to say the least.
    03-27-17 10:40 PM
30 12