Chen announced two new phones by Christmas. Do you think they will be low end Android phones? I'm debating on whether or not to get the Priv or wait 7-8 more months to see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 04:11 PM
    Wait until all the phones are released. Then, you can compare the prices.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-04-16 05:24 PM
    It is definitely speculative at this time. He finally confirmed that there will be two phones. More than that?????
    05-04-16 06:22 PM
    Chen announced two new phones by Christmas. Do you think they will be low end Android phones? I'm debating on whether or not to get the Priv or wait 7-8 more months to see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    Not Christmas. February 2017. Fiscal year. Live in the now.
    05-04-16 06:24 PM
    Would like to see a full touch slab BlackBerry phone thus year but Blaze is right; JC speaks the language of business. Year = fiscal year
    05-04-16 06:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    They will be mid tier phones. So $500 and below pricing

Rock'n the Marshmallow boosted Priv!
    05-04-16 07:11 PM
    Not Christmas. February 2017. Fiscal year. Live in the now.
    I bet at least one of them will be released before holiday season
    05-04-16 07:20 PM
    Hope the prices stay below $400 at launch. A $200-300 option with specs like the Blu Vivo 5 or Honor 5X would have a fighting chance.
    05-04-16 07:36 PM
    Something like the Classic would be nice. Nothing TOO expensive, but with metal frames and hardware keyboard. Most importantly, it has to look classy

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-04-16 07:41 PM
    Live in the now. Priv has come down in price and is a great phone.

05-04-16 07:45 PM
    I'm thinking of buying up these cheap privs! It's a friggen fantastic price for the phone, especially with all of the features blackberry brings to the table

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    05-04-16 08:09 PM
    Metal priv, I await.
    05-05-16 12:44 AM
    I bet at least one of them will be released before holiday season
    Likely.
    05-05-16 04:20 PM
    The all touch screen one is going to low end , like your snapdragon 620 or something like that, trust me , you always want to go high end when it comes to android, then the keyboard touch with no slider, that phone will have identical specs to the priv ,

Blackberry cannot invest in 820 chipset, I don't know why , but it's the way it is .
    05-05-16 09:29 PM
    I am pretty sure Rome will be worth the wait

05-05-16 09:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes they will be Android Phones

Low End... they have said midgrade, but for BlackBerry it's hard to say what they will call midgrade (where the Clasic and LEAP low end or midrange). For some OEMs the PRIV's specs are already in the $400 range (the PRIV can be bought new for $440 right now on Amazon - in the US)

Either way, the new devices aren't going to be "better".... unless you want a full dedicated PKB. So why wait?
    05-06-16 07:53 AM

Low End... they have said midgrade, but for BlackBerry it's hard to say what they will call midgrade (where the Clasic and LEAP low end or midrange). For some OEMs the PRIV's specs are already in the $400 range (the PRIV can be bought new for $440 right now on Amazon - in the US)

Either way, the new devices aren't going to be "better".... unless you want a full dedicated PKB. So why wait?
    Ya, I think the slider mechanism cost way more to manufacture than they thought. Thus why Priv was so expensive. But many people put high value in it so the price of Priv is very worth it. You have to like and value the slider PKB idea.
    Obviously I think Priv is worth it despite the PKB

Posted from Priv
    05-06-16 10:38 AM
    Ya, I think the slider mechanism cost way more to manufacture than they thought. Thus why Priv was so expensive. But many people put high value in it so the price of Priv is very worth it. You have to like and value the slider PKB idea.
    Obviously I think Priv is worth it despite the PKB

Posted from Priv
    Slider added to the cost... no doubt.

But so did paying a 3rd Party to build and control the inventory. So did the minimum orders for components.

What is clearly obvious is that the combination of Brand, Form Factor, Price and Marketing... have removed any hope of BlackBerry being a traditional smartphone Brand again. They may release a few more devcies to the enterprise market...
    05-06-16 10:58 AM

I'll wait it out. I love having a fully dedicated keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 11:51 AM