[SARCASTIC]Just bring back the trackball from the 8330. Way better than a track pads that will eventually fail in sunlight at some point with age, and easily serviceable![[/SARCASTIC]

OK now that we got that out of the way, how is that trackpad revival doing for the Classic? Sales numbers seem quite low. I found the trackpad to be the absolute worst technology from a reliability perspective that I have had on a smartphone. Had them fail on three out of seven device in the family at one point. That is a horrific failure rate and made the devices almost unusable. Garbage tech IMHO.

Posted via Z30
    Classic's trackpad is not well implemented. It's not like Bold's which was flush with the body and was bigger. Classic's trackpad prortrudes and is too tiny.

Besides Classic's screen is smaller than Sliders. So, trackpad is not really required. You can reach all parts of the screen with fingers.

Argument was - when Slider's keyboard is extended, you won't be able to reach all parts of the screen. Screen would be out of reach of your fingers. You'd have to constantly switch positions of the phone.

Anyway - as we now know - Slider's keyboard is touch-capacitive (like Passport's). So, trackpad is no longer necessary.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 11:32 AM
    [SARCASTIC]Just bring back the trackball from the 8330. Way better than a track pads that will eventually fail in sunlight at some point with age, and easily serviceable![[/SARCASTIC]

OK now that we got that out of the way, how is that trackpad revival doing for the Classic? Sales numbers seem quite low. I found the trackpad to be the absolute worst technology from a reliability perspective that I have had on a smartphone. Had them fail on three out of seven device in the family at one point. That is a horrific failure rate and made the devices almost unusable. Garbage tech IMHO.

Posted via Z30
    I feel the full touch screen to be the worst feature ever brought to phones. Screen failures are way more common than the trackpad failing. Plus most phones I see ppl use have cracked screens. Glass in your fingers...cutting your fingers bc now you're forced to touch the screen. With BlackBerry's flow my Z10 is untouchable with a cracked screen... insert tears...fixed it once and moved on to the classic after I broke it the second time, my main reason for not getting the Z30.

Having a trackpad, or even the touch option with the passport would only serve to inhance a 5inch phone with a keyboard that slides down from the bottom. That is my opinion, we all have our own opinions. Seeing how the slider is going to be running Android, I won't be getting that garbage anyway, but if it comes with bb10 then I'd like a trackpad.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-09-15 06:56 PM
    Trackpad on bb10 is a waste period.

Dumb idea

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 07:09 PM
    If you don't do a lot of text editing why do you want a slider at all? This entire topic is about the importance of having the toolbelt on the slider, not having the toolbelt on an otherwise all-touch device
    Yeah I prefer Z50 but they decided to go with slider. Now if slider is the next all touch option, of course I want to make sure it doesn't waste space on tool belt. For the same logic you were using, I can argue to only put tool belt on Classic, because you know, only the "Classic" are supposed to be for BBOS adorers, and leave Slider design for the BB10 adorers.
    08-12-15 02:45 PM
    Lol what!?...NO

Z30 (10.3.1)
    08-12-15 04:58 PM
    Yeah I prefer Z50 but they decided to go with slider. Now if slider is the next all touch option, of course I want to make sure it doesn't waste space on tool belt. For the same logic you were using, I can argue to only put tool belt on Classic, because you know, only the "Classic" are supposed to be for BBOS adorers, and leave Slider design for the BB10 adorers.
    Torch 9810 is a BBOS adorer's phone. Why would you make this point without referencing the Torch? Because you want to make your point and don't want "facts" to get in the way? Hm.. it's all subjective anyway so why is it so important to you for people to think you're right?
    08-17-15 12:44 PM
    Yeah I prefer Z50 but they decided to go with slider. Now if slider is the next all touch option, of course I want to make sure it doesn't waste space on tool belt.
    "I can't get when I want so I want to make sure button lovers can't get what they want either"
    RyanGermann likes this.
    08-18-15 05:50 AM
    I disagree too. I don't do a lot of text editing and trackpad is not critical... BB10 is completely sufficient for editing text with its pop up bubble for cursor controls. And I got to save the space for bigger screen or more compact phone designs.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    Try to paste something at the end of a line of a text, BB10 will highlight the last word... Try writing an article without a track pad or creating a document that involves copy/pasting data into it. Basically try doing anything that involves writing 2-3 pages (after you print it out on 8x11 paper, not 2-3 pages on the screen).

They need to allow users to customize what the right shift does. I would make it pop up the cursor movement thing WITH the copy/paste menu as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 06:06 PM
    Nope. Nope. Nope.

PRIVateering since 2015.
    01-12-16 07:26 PM
    For f**k guys 😂😂😂

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-12-16 08:41 PM
285 ... 101112