Dear friends, I have 200 gb of SanDisk sd memory card installed on my BlackBerry PRIV as internal memory. Recently by dtek I got notification that my software has been compromised by third-party and asked me to reset my phone. This morning I backed up my phone and performed the factory reset. After it was successfully completed the reset my BlackBerry didn't recognized my sd card and asked me to format it and is asking to do the same process to either have it as internal memory or as USB storage. I didn't do that because I have over 3000 photos on it. Is there a way I can access the card and save my photos? Any help would be great! Thanks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-23-16 07:30 AM
    But the photos weren't backed up too? I think you SD card is encrypted and reseting your phone my have lost it. Have you reloaded all the back ups before inserting the SD card?
    08-23-16 07:35 AM
    Yes the photos were not backed up. And I think is encrypted as well. But it did load all as before it does look like I had it before. I guess some files were lost and now it doesn't read the encryption and consider it as a new card.

08-23-16 07:42 AM
    Yes the photos were not backed up. And I think is encrypted as well. But it did load all as before it does look like I had it before. I guess some files were lost and now it doesn't read the encryption and consider it as a new card.

08-23-16 07:58 AM
    If you really had it set up as Internal memory or an extension of that, it may be encrypted. It may be too late, but pull the card and and get a card reader for your computer and see if anything is still on the card that can be read or viewed.

Good luck.
    08-23-16 09:32 AM
    It says the same thing... please format the card. Doesn't let me do anything to it.

08-23-16 10:19 AM
    I hate to say this but the data on the card is probably lost. Obviously, the next suggestion to it backup your important or unique data such as photos regularly to a computer.

Also, NOT encrypting the card will allow you to move it to another device or put into a computer card reader for easy access. I keep important, private data in Internal Memory which is encrypted so that if the phone is lost or stolen my private data is secure. I don't keep such data on the sd-card. I don't consider my choice of music, videos and the photos I take as that critical if on the card.

Good luck.
    08-23-16 01:53 PM
    It says the same thing... please format the card. Doesn't let me do anything to it.

Pick your self up a SD card reader that will plug into your computer.
    Than load all the photos from the card onto the computer.

Then put card into phone and format.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 02:16 PM
    Pick your self up a SD card reader that will plug into your computer.
    Than load all the photos from the card onto the computer.

Then put card into phone and format.

Posted via CB10
    The SD is Encrypted, No chance of moving it to a Computer, the encryption key was probably lost doing factory reset.
    08-23-16 02:40 PM
    The SD is Encrypted, No chance of moving it to a Computer, the encryption key was probably lost doing factory reset.
    And it states when it notifies you of new SD card that encrypting it will do exactly what it has done to you.

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    08-23-16 03:18 PM
    Yet another BB10 to Android pitfall. On BB10 you could have an encrypted card and still get data off it after a factory reset via USB connection to computer, provided you were using the same lock code. Not so on Android.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    08-23-16 04:31 PM
    And it states when it notifies you of new SD card that encrypting it will do exactly what it has done to you.

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    I'm not the OP, I was just trying to explain the situation.
    08-23-16 04:39 PM