My previous PRIV got broken and I just got my replacement today. I can remember a couple of steps that needed to be taken in order to make the device run as smooth as possible. I remember something like doing a Factory Reset after the first update.

If anybody can link me to an existing thread or something that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-15-16 04:35 PM
    Most of those issues stemmed from the fact people were not getting the proper app updates when setting their device up, which I believe has largely been fixed. You're likely safe to skip any of whatever it was you were referred to previously as long you remember to update those apps. On top of that, Google should ask you to restore from your old Priv set up anyway, assuming you allowed it to back up that info previously.

Just fire it up, restore from the backup Google has, wait till it all downloads, good to go.
    07-15-16 05:58 PM
    Most of those issues stemmed from the fact people were not getting the proper app updates when setting their device up, which I believe has largely been fixed. You're likely safe to skip any of whatever it was you were referred to previously as long you remember to update those apps. On top of that, Google should ask you to restore from your old Priv set up anyway, assuming you allowed it to back up that info previously.

Just fire it up, restore from the backup Google has, wait till it all downloads, good to go.
    If you don't mind, I don't know all of the settings that I've tinkered with and don't recall which setting allows/disallows Google from backing up my stuff. It does already have my calendar and contacts. I recall that when I first setup my Priv that Google grabbed a bunch of stuff/apps from my Samsung Tab S. But where in the Priv are the Setting(s) for allowing Google to backup, or, at least, know which apps and some of the other stuff I've got?

Thanks.
    07-15-16 06:59 PM