Anyone here carry the phone without a case and a screen protector? Just curious, I never seem to be able to do it. I get super nervous and antsy. It also doesn't help that I buy my phones usually at a full retail price. (damn you verizon)

But I have friends carry their new phones (regardless of what brand it is) w.o a case. And I'm thinking of starting carrying my PRIV without a case.

I usually don't drop my phone but just wanted to see if they're are any brave souls out there carrying their phone naked.
    05-07-16 06:36 AM
    Yes, aways naked. I don't like using phones with something additional, doesn't feel good and doesn't look good IMO. It costs more too.

I dropped mine a few times already, nothing happened luckily.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv or BlackBerry Passport
    05-07-16 06:38 AM
    I prefer my devices naked too and always have had them this way, I'm extremely OCD and rarely drop them if at all.

However, since our late life surprise arrived, who had his second birthday a few months ago, I have had to give in and go with cases.
    RSKandola likes this.
    05-07-16 06:42 AM
    My Priv is naked. Looks better. I'm careful.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 06:49 AM
    I actually got free case with mine but after using it for few days I just took it off. It makes the phone really bulky.

The phone is already heavy and bulky the way it is. Adding a case will just make it heavier

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-07-16 06:54 AM
    This is the first phone since my 9700 that I'm using without any sort of protection. Mostly because I can't seem to find a case I like.
    05-07-16 08:41 AM
    Although I prefer naked in opted for a tetded case and tempered glass screen protector. Its about as close to naked as you can get
    05-07-16 08:56 AM
    Aw okay, what I realized is that my back casing of the phone has a slightly loose. The side of my phone (next to the keyboard) creeks/has a slight flex/movement. Gahhh I can't believe I didn't notice this (always had a case on)..... Fml
    05-07-16 08:56 AM
    I've been using my PRIV fully naked for about two weeks, until the screen protector I ordered arrived a few days ago. I'm also waiting for the hard shell case with stand to arrive, in the meantime I'm being extra careful.

BlackBerry devices are beautiful and surely feel and look better naked. But accidents do happen, so I'd rather reduce the risks by using a case.

What worries me a bit is the camera lens getting scratched up (got this on my Passport). So I've temporarily covered it with a cutout from the original screen protector it came with. Granted, I have to put it on and take it off to take pics. This is also an issue when you place your phone on a table or desk, as the camera protrudes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android with my PRIV by BlackBerry.
    Risky_KillMoves likes this.
    05-07-16 08:57 AM
    Yes, naked and I'm also 'allergic' to contracts so I'm paying top dollar / have a pretty penny tied up in my hardware, same as you.

In short: now more than ever, I want my colleagues to see my BlackBerry hardware - - because, in all modesty, they do often follow my lead on gadgets and gear.

As with Classic and Passport, though I'm slightly more thoughtful about tossing the PRIV down onto a conference room table (whether I need to be or not remains to be seen -- I only recently acquired this PRIV).

I also have (and use) a belt holster from Seido (sp.?) for each of the 3. It clips the device in place, so they're still naked. Largely I do this to reduce clutter in my pockets.

Another handy "hack" for me is to clip the holster inside of my shoulder bag so that if I need to pull out my secondary / backup device, it's in a protected and predictable spot. Not exactly your question, but I thought the setup worth mentioning because it's useful to both genders.

Posted via the CrackBerry App from my BlackBerry PRIV
    05-07-16 08:58 AM
    Yep, I have always carried all my phones naked. I hate getting a nice new phone with the latest display and then putting some crappy protector on it. I also like the slim solid feel of the naked phone instead of the bulky feel of a case.

I dropped my Z10 many times over the years and my screen was perfect when I retired it.

Already dropped my Priv a few times and it is fine. Don't sweat it.

My girlfriend has both on her iPhone and dropped it and shattered the screen anyway, so it is no guarantee.

Enjoy it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android On My Priv
    drpearson likes this.
    05-07-16 09:23 AM
    Mine too. All natural for my Priv

05-07-16 09:57 AM
    While obviously, some carry them naked, there are already a few threads with gruesome pictures of cracked and smashed screens. All it takes is one bad drop.
    Blacklatino and IndianTiwari like this.
    05-07-16 10:04 AM
    I use a Brodit holder in my cars, no cases allowed.....

05-07-16 10:09 AM
    Haha yeah it's always "what if" I do have insurance with Verizon but I'll be overseas for about a year so I hope it doesn't break anytime soon ><
    05-07-16 10:22 AM
    Black leather TETDED Caen case....love it. Just covers the sides and back, gives it even better grip than it does naked, and makes it look even better I'm my opinion. Very classy looking.

I do like the naked look too but have to have some sort of protection, even if it's just a bit...puts my mind at ease even if I know the protection is minimal.

05-07-16 10:23 AM
    I initially carried my BlackBerry Priv without a case. Now I keep it in the BlackBerry Leather Case whenever away from my home office especially when in the vehicle.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    05-07-16 11:33 AM
    Clear, full-body skin for that naked feel without all the risks associated... Screen protector and lens protector, occasionally carried in a BlackBerry draw string pouch that originally accompanied a pair of sunglasses I received via an @BlackBerry Twitter swag contest several years ago... Fits the Priv like a glove, it was as though they knew way back then what that drawstring bag would hold... Usually I carry it nude in a back pocket though, but if it is in my purse/bag/backpack/etc it is usually in the drawstring bag...

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 11:57 AM
    I hate cases and normally went naked with my BB10 devices, but when I first got my Priv, I wasn't sure I was going to keep it, and so I went into Amazon and got the cheapest shell case they had. I decided to keep the. Priv, and like the case a lot. Here's the link. They now have different colors. It's super easy to take off so I can go nekkid at home and pop it on when I'm out.

It's a good thing that I had it on yesterday too. I dropped it onto concrete from about 4 feet on the corner. It bounced, hit two more corners then the back. No damage to Priv, a slight scar on the case.

Dogxiong Hard Rubberized Matte Snap-On Slim Cover Case for Blackberry Priv https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019ZSV0OC...UvbUpU12421934

FF22 and mkiiw like this.
    05-07-16 12:04 PM
    Camera protruding on the back is the biggest reason I use a case. I want that protected.

Most cases for the Priv offer very little protection for the screen other than a small lip to keep it off any surface you have laid it on. If it were dropped and hit the screen, I doubt many of the offered cases would do much good. Exception "may" be a flip case.

I use the Incipio Octane with a Skinomi screen protector and carry it in a generic leather holster when I don't want it in my pocket. Octane doesn't add much bulk. Very similar to the $5 clear case on Amazon. I have both.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    05-07-16 01:04 PM
    Camera protruding on the back is the biggest reason I use a case. I want that protected.
    I use the Martin Field's lens protector... Perfect thus far and it doesn't seem to degrade the quality of the camera...

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 01:06 PM
    I use a holster some of the time. Otherwise it's loosey goosey in my pocket.

I love naked phones.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    05-07-16 03:32 PM
    Naked, but sometimes use the official leather pocket. At least that way it's still naked when in use. The pocket is really luxurious BTW, the leather becomes gorgeous to the touch over time.

05-07-16 04:26 PM
    I use the Martin Field's lens protector... Perfect thus far and it doesn't seem to degrade the quality of the camera...

Posted via CB10
    I'll have to check into that. Thanks for the tip.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    05-07-16 06:30 PM
    I have skins from Ukarbon on my Priv

Rock'n the Marshmallow boosted Priv!
    Attached Thumbnails Naked Priv-4023.jpg  
    mmcclure0453 likes this.
    05-07-16 07:30 PM
52 123