I think that both have the same version of the Playstore and have been equally updated. But the screen and presentation is different. Also, the verizon ones are sorted alphabetically, the others not.

Anyone know why?

Verizon image:

The MyApps version of Playstore is different on my Verizon and ShopBB Privs-screenshot_20170310-105453.jpg

ShopBB image:

The MyApps version of Playstore is different on my Verizon and ShopBB Privs-screenshot_20170310-105316.jpg
    03-10-17 03:39 PM
    That seems odd. FYI, my ShopBB Priv looks the same as your Verizon image. Is one in the Beta program while the other isn't?
    03-10-17 03:49 PM
    That seems odd. FYI, my ShopBB Priv looks the same as your Verizon image. Is one in the Beta program while the other isn't?
    I'm not in the Beta program for anything. It acts differently, too. And as noted, they are listed in random order.

Oh, well........
    03-10-17 06:59 PM
    My Shop BB app looks just like your Verizon app also, the only difference being mine simply says 'Updates' while yours says'Updates available (52)'.
    You sure you didn't your phones or screen shots mixed up?
    03-10-17 08:08 PM
    My Shop BB app looks just like your Verizon app also, the only difference being mine simply says 'Updates' while yours says'Updates available (52)'.
    No, I did not get them mixed up. But I checked anyway and after the Security Update, the ShopBB Priv is still showing the Alternative Update for GooglePlay.
    03-10-17 08:48 PM
    I'm getting your VZW version too on my DTEK60, can't remember what my VZW Priv looked like when I had it
    03-10-17 08:52 PM
    Could be because you don't have 52 updates available since you stopped wearing the tinfoil hat. Unlike someone else we know!
    03-11-17 04:52 PM
    Could be because you don't have 52 updates available since you stopped wearing the tinfoil hat.
    I switched to aluminum foil, tin is too hard to find, but I did have 6 or 8 apps pending update. Still updating automatically, but only when connected to wifi and on charger.
    03-11-17 06:00 PM
    I switched to aluminum foil, tin is too hard to find, but I did have 6 or 8 apps pending update. Still updating automatically, but only when connected to wifi and on charger.
    Excellent choice! Just remember to get the heavy duty variety.
    03-11-17 07:04 PM
    Excellent choice! Just remember to get the heavy duty variety.
    I find a double layer of the thin stuff to be more effective, something to do with the air gap I'm told.
    misterabrasive and FF22 like this.
    03-11-17 07:46 PM
    My Shop BB version looks like the Verizon version in your initial pic.
    03-22-17 09:49 PM
    My Shop BB version looks like the Verizon version in your initial pic.
    The two still have those different Playstore apps or views. Not sure why?
    03-22-17 10:58 PM
    The two still have those different Playstore apps or views. Not sure why?
    One uses heavy duty tinfoil. The other , the regular variety?
    03-24-17 01:11 PM
    It seems I can change mine up on my ShopBlackBerry Priv by toggling between "installed" and "all." Installed is in alphabetical order and all is seemingly random but on further thought, appear to be in the order with which I added them. It also includes some I had installed and then removed, like a history. If that is the case it would be good to find out how to completely delete the ones I don't plan on re-installing at any time. Can this be done? I opened and tried a bunch of icon packs and I thought I removed some of these as I was looking for one I like. But these still appear on the "all" list. Now, I am not sure exactly what I did with them. It was a while ago and late at night.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-17 02:27 PM
    PS: I don't have a tinfoil hat at the moment because I unrolled it and used it the last time I baked salmon. 😂
    FF22 and hamilgs like this.
    03-24-17 02:33 PM
    PS: I don't have a tinfoil hat at the moment because I unrolled it and used it the last time I baked salmon. 😂
    Delicious wasn't it? My favorite.
    03-24-17 03:38 PM
    One uses heavy duty tinfoil. The other , the regular variety?
    I can suggest a use that YOU can make of tin foil but might get banned from CB!
    03-24-17 04:37 PM
    I can suggest a use that YOU can make of tin foil but might get banned from CB!
    My my my. Your sense of humor has taken a turn for the worse. Surgeon put the screws in a little too tight in that new hip?
    FF22 and hamilgs like this.
    03-24-17 06:50 PM
    My my my. Your sense of humor has taken a turn for the worse. Surgeon put the screws in a little too tight in that new hip?
    The Turn of the Screw was a ghost/horror story. So take that for what you will.

But in any event, the two Priv's still show different versions and I prefer the Verizon one. I prefer it alphabetic and I prefer it taking me to the app's page as opposed to immediately downloading the update.
    03-24-17 08:18 PM
    Well, strangely enough, my Verizon Priv has just decided to do the strange play store layout too:
    Attached Thumbnails The MyApps version of Playstore is different on my Verizon and ShopBB Privs-58160.jpg  
    04-19-17 05:00 PM
    Ditto, noticed the same change a few days ago...

My PRIV is a factory unlocked STV100-3 on Marshmallow 6.0.1 and the March security patch. Carrier is Telcel in Mexico City.
    Attached Thumbnails The MyApps version of Playstore is different on my Verizon and ShopBB Privs-39865.jpg  
    04-19-17 05:10 PM
    The playstore 'secretly' updated the other day, and my screen went from the first pic posted by @FF22 and the pics posted above.

I like the change, it's clearer.

Factory unlocked 3 vers, asia pacific.
    04-19-17 05:41 PM
    Mine just changed today as well. Factory unlocked shop BlackBerry in Canada.
    04-19-17 05:57 PM
    Mine changed a few days ago... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Obviously Play Store updated unbeknownst to me... 🤔
    Carrier locked AT&T Priv on AT&T.

Bob
    hamilgs likes this.
    04-19-17 06:03 PM
    Mine changed a few days ago... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Obviously Play Store updated unbeknownst to me... 🤔
    Carrier locked AT&T Priv on AT&T.

Bob
    Yeah, playstore is very secretive! Without any acknowledgement, like 'hello there we thought we'd drop a n mb change on you', they just download AND install it!!!

I'm wondering if that is a breach of consumer law here in Aus, cos they're using device data without gaining acknowledgement that it may not be the best time for the user to lose that data.

Also, there's no change log I can find ....
    04-19-17 06:09 PM
33 12