I approached the launch day of the PRIV with enthusiasm. I couldn't wait to get it in my hands and move forward with a device that is Blackberry hardware and android software. It is a beautifully designed phone and it works well for what it is meant to be but the hype for me is over. I feel that I've lost productivity and that I am not as efficient as I was with my passport. I very rarely use the PKB on the PRIV, I didn't download any more apps than what I downloaded from BlackBerry World, and the apps I did purchase in blackberry world are very well developed to fill in any missing gaps on the Passport that Android could fill. I do agree the Facebook is a disaster and could use an update. I also felt very disconnected from Blackberry with the PRIV and realized that BBM was a space I missed. I hardly even glanced at it on the PRIV, there's no reason for it to be there. I'm writing this now on my Passport and am happy to have it back in my hands. I'm going back the Passport as my primary device and will use the PRIV on my second line. I'm not saying anything negative about the PRIV but it just doesn't meet the demands of my work day as the Passport is able to. I will say that I couldn't put the PRIV down, its an addictive device and I look forward watching it evolve.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 07:00 PM
    I am on the classic, how's the calendar, mail app? I only know hub is weak

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 07:15 PM
    I came from a passport as well.
    Like you I was getting frustrated with the priv on a number of issues including heating up, pkb abit cramped compared to passport, battery drain, hub issues, no active exchange sync support, and over all flow.

But after having the device now for over three weeks I love it.

After a hard reset and updating the phone almost all issues have resolved.

I get easy 10 - 14 hours of heavy use phone does not heat up anymore period!

Pkb takes a bit to get used to but im very quick on it now

Hub upgrade coming in a couple weeks

Im glad i did not return it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ce71 and Holted like this.
    12-02-15 07:24 PM
    I am on the classic, how's the calendar, mail app? I only know hub is weak

Posted via CB10
    I liked the Calendar app and I used it often. I also utilized the productivity tab on curved edge of the screen. It's very useful. As far as the mail app am not sure, I connected all my accounts through the HUB. The hub is pretty weak and nothing compared to BB10. It needs some work and I see that an update is on it way to carrier devices on the 7th. I look forward to seeing the improvements. Right now the PRIV feels all over the place for me and it doesn't flow well. Notifications are everywhere from the top of the phone to the hub to the tab on the right. Where as with BB10 - HUB and it was a one stop shop. Contact management on Android was difficult to navigate and it was time consuming. BB10 handles contact management well and I feel does a better job showing contact activity.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 07:28 PM
    Has your exchange activesync issues been resolved?

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2813
    12-02-15 07:29 PM
    I've had no issues with the Hub. The track pad and shortcut features of the PKB are a delight. Apps run with no lag compared to BB10. If one takes the time to learn the phone it can be set up very close to BB10. Reading the tips here are also very informative as well. I do hope that Blend is issued for the Priv soon.

12-02-15 07:47 PM
    I had my administrator use the Gmail app to add my exchange account. To my knowledge in there is still no stock support for exchange.

12-02-15 07:50 PM
    I had my administrator use the Gmail app to add my exchange account. To my knowledge in there is still no stock support for exchange.

Even after the recent OS update?

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2813
    12-02-15 07:56 PM