Yesterday I tried to turn to Priv on only to find that it would not. Holding down the power button and the power button along with one or all of the other buttons did nothing. Then my phone started to get hot to the point where I felt that if I continued touching the buttons I would burn myself. It has been more than 24 hours since then and I left it charging over night to see if it needed to charge and no dice. Holding down any of the buttons for 10 seconds to 1 minute has done nothing, can anyone please help?
    04-23-17 04:38 PM
    Let's try the easiest thing first... did you tap twice on the screen ? And how long have you owned the Priv, has this happened before?
    04-23-17 04:49 PM
    I just tapped twice right now and it had no effect. I have owned the Priv since March of last year and there have been times where it won't turn on but usually I'll hold the power button for a seconds or press it a few times and it'll turn back on.
    04-23-17 04:53 PM
    Ok let me see if someone can get to the root of the issue.... hang on!
    TGIS likes this.
    04-23-17 05:55 PM
    I just tapped twice right now and it had no effect. I have owned the Priv since March of last year and there have been times where it won't turn on but usually I'll hold the power button for a seconds or press it a few times and it'll turn back on.
    Try

if your phone is comppletely dead .. hold on the power and vol down button for 2 min or less. it will boot in and give u 4 options.. select second one which is boot into fast boot .. then after selecting 2nd option presss power button to ok it .. it will still take you to same screen. now select 1st option.

Here are all the reboot options, too

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    jafobabe and Leonard Howell like this.
    04-23-17 06:00 PM
    Ok let me see if someone can get to the root of the issue.... hang on!
    Thank you!
    04-23-17 06:03 PM
    Try

if your phone is comppletely dead .. hold on the power and vol down button for 2 min or less. it will boot in and give u 4 options.. select second one which is boot into fast boot .. then after selecting 2nd option presss power button to ok it .. it will still take you to same screen. now select 1st option.

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

Safe Mode:

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    Thank you, going to try holding down the power button and volume down
    04-23-17 06:04 PM
    Try

Safe Mode:

I held down both the power and volume down button and it had no effect.
    04-23-17 06:10 PM
    Thank you @FF22 !
    04-23-17 06:25 PM
    Thank you @FF22 !
    I held down the power button and the volume down button for 2 minutes and there was still nothing, not even an LED blink.
    04-23-17 06:38 PM
    I held down the power button and the volume down button for 2 minutes and there was still nothing, not even an LED blink.
    Might be a stupid comment but is the phone charged?
    04-23-17 06:44 PM
    Might be a stupid comment but is the phone charged?
    Yes, or at least it should be. I left it charging overnight and currently have it charging using a portable battery. It may be worth noting that when I plugged my phone into my laptop I received an error about how my laptop could not provide enough voltage to my phone, I am not sure if that is a problem with my phone or the voltage output of my laptop.
    04-23-17 06:47 PM
    Do you have the charger that came with the Priv or maybe a charger that puts out even more voltage? Or a Quick Charger? Try that for a few hours or overnight. Then try the Power/VolDown sequence.

Good luck.
    04-23-17 08:35 PM
    I've had the same problem a few times and it last for about a day at the longest. But it just came back on on its own.
    04-23-17 08:46 PM
    Do you have the charger that came with the Priv or maybe a charger that puts out even more voltage? Or a Quick Charger? Try that for a few hours or overnight. Then try the Power/VolDown sequence.

Good luck.
    Thank you, unfortunately I lost the wall plug in that my Priv came with a while back. I still have the cord however and I am using that and wall plug in that supplies 5 volts and 1500mA, all of my other plug ins were 1000mA or less, so hopefully this works. Will charge overnight.
    04-23-17 08:52 PM
    I've had the same problem a few times and it last for about a day at the longest. But it just came back on on its own.
    Interesting, did your Priv also heat up for around 10 minutes or did it turn off overnight or? Mine has been like this for about 30 hours, hopefully it's a similar situation, just a bit prolonged.
    04-23-17 08:54 PM
    Interesting, did your Priv also heat up for around 10 minutes or did it turn off overnight or? Mine has been like this for about 30 hours, hopefully it's a similar situation, just a bit prolonged.
    Can't remember if it was hot or not. Just put it on charger and try to power on periodically. And I also held the power button down for a while also.
    04-23-17 08:58 PM
    Can't remember if it was hot or not. Just put it on charger and try to power on periodically. And I also held the power button down for a while also.
    I have it charging right now and held down the power button for over 1 minute or so. I am going to have it charge overnight, so hopefully it comes back.
    04-23-17 09:14 PM
    My sons priv did the same thing, try twisting the phone slightly or squeeze the screen near the top while pressing the power button. After a while my sons couldn't be turned on anymore, now he has a dtek.
    04-24-17 02:21 PM
    My sons priv did the same thing, try twisting the phone slightly or squeeze the screen near the top while pressing the power button. After a while my sons couldn't be turned on anymore, now he has a dtek.
    Thank you for the advice, but my Priv still won't turn on.
    04-24-17 04:33 PM
    I think it's time for me to admit defeat unfortunately. I have insurance on my phone, but I have AT&T, who doesn't sell any BlackBerry phones at the moment, so I am going to get another phone. Thanks everyone for the help, will get another BlackBerry eventually.
    Last edited by somejuan; 04-24-17 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-24-17 04:37 PM
    If you have another old phone around and can hold off for a few weeks... might see what gets announced this week.

I doubt AT&T will be selling the KEYone right away.... but you never know.
    04-25-17 01:48 PM
    i had the exact same problem. i havent been using my priv but the other day i tried pulling it out and just updating the software and it wouldnt turn on. i figured the battery was dead but it wouldnt do anything on the charger. i tried multiple chargers and for multiple hours.

the way i got it back on was to leave it connected to a usb charger for i think it was 2 days. just didnt touch it and left it connected hoping to see some life out of it again. so im not sure if something changed that it now dies completely and Resurrection is this hard or what but give it a try. it really did just take a lot of time for me.
    04-25-17 03:23 PM