My Priv wont charge anymore..purchased in Nov. I've been using QC 2.0 all the time since new.

Tried normal charger etc.. other cables etc.. no avail.

Now that the battery has drained it just goes into charge loop.. it vibrates, then red light comes on.. then red light turns off, screen shows battery empty at 0%.. and then it vibrates again and red light comes on.. and so on..

seems like battery is gone
    Last edited by specg; 01-14-16 at 06:01 PM.
    01-14-16 05:29 AM
    I had this issue. The port is a weakness on early production models. Got my Priv replaced no hassle. However if you are brave and have a flat jewellers screwdriver you can push down gently on the outside of the port on both the top and bottom. Worked for me while I was waiting for my replacement Priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-14-16 07:57 AM
    I had this issue. The port is a weakness on early production models. Got my Priv replaced no hassle. However if you are brave and have a flat jewellers screwdriver you can push down gently on the outside of the port on both the top and bottom. Worked for me while I was waiting for my replacement Priv.

I hope mine isn't one of these early production issues devices.
    01-14-16 01:23 PM
    I received my Priv as a company phone just yesterday. Connecting the device using the BB USB cable and adapter did not work - i.e. Priv did not recognize it was connected to a power outlet for charging. Tried multiple power outlets, USB cables, everything until it was determined that the AC adapter is faulty, as when we switched it out for another (non-BB) adapter, it began charging. It took forever to go from about 44% to 100% (several hours). Today, the phone is "stuck" at 77% but BBVE and the screen itself shows that it's charging. However, as time goes on, the % is DECREASING - in fact, right now it's at 75% after 2 hours of being charged. The green bar does appear along the edge, but unlike yesterday, it does not indicate the remaining charging time to reach 100%. There is a thread on the BlackBerry forums where at least 2 others have said they had the same issue with the adapter. However, this thread is making me wonder if it's the port itself and not the adapter. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

EDIT: P.S. I also noticed that the cable is 'wobbly' at the device's charging port, i.e. I can wiggle it back and forth left to right. Should that happen, or should it be really snug?
    Last edited by andy957; 01-14-16 at 03:01 PM.
    01-14-16 02:47 PM
    Originally I was bummed out because my STV100-3 doesn't have wireless charging and I would like that feature to prevent any extra wear and tear of the USB port.

Then I sat down and thought about it for a few seconds. I asked myself, 'when was the last time you wore out or broke a USB port?' My answer was quick and easy, a big 'NEVER!'

Not only have I never worn out or broken a BlackBerry device USB port, I have actually only ever had one break in my entire life of numerous devices (was not a BlackBerry).

And of all the BlackBerry devices I've ever owned, I have not once broken a USB port.

This leads me to the conclusion that BlackBerry solders a great USB port on every device. Are some tighter than others, maybe. But none of mine have ever broken.

Knock on wood. (Gently make fist and knock on my own head as an immediate source of wood to knock upon...)

I sincerely hope I never run into a USB port problem on my PRIV.

Does this mean I no longer want wireless charging? Heck no! Bring it, would be great if every device had it, but not that big of a deal... now anyways.

01-14-16 04:19 PM
    I received my Priv as a company phone just yesterday. Connecting the device using the BB USB cable and adapter did not work - i.e. Priv did not recognize it was connected to a power outlet for charging. Tried multiple power outlets, USB cables, everything until it was determined that the AC adapter is faulty, as when we switched it out for another (non-BB) adapter, it began charging. It took forever to go from about 44% to 100% (several hours). Today, the phone is "stuck" at 77% but BBVE and the screen itself shows that it's charging. However, as time goes on, the % is DECREASING - in fact, right now it's at 75% after 2 hours of being charged. The green bar does appear along the edge, but unlike yesterday, it does not indicate the remaining charging time to reach 100%. There is a thread on the BlackBerry forums where at least 2 others have said they had the same issue with the adapter. However, this thread is making me wonder if it's the port itself and not the adapter. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

EDIT: P.S. I also noticed that the cable is 'wobbly' at the device's charging port, i.e. I can wiggle it back and forth left to right. Should that happen, or should it be really snug?
    Don't worry about it. I have never had a USB port that didn't have a little bit of 'play'.

Just plug it in and let it charge. Don't move it around because you may make it worse. If you 'wiggle' the cable and the charging bolt disappears from the battery icon, then you've got a problem. But seriously, don't go wiggling it just because of this forum thread, creating a problem in your head only...

andy957 likes this.
    01-14-16 04:22 PM
    It also helps that I'm always very careful with my BlackBerry because I value it so much. I treat it like it's a piece of fine China or jewellery and that treatment does not stop at the screen, it includes the USB port (the most important port or part...)

andy957 likes this.
    01-14-16 04:28 PM
    Thanks for spending the time to read my post guys..

Just wanted to update.. I tried using a small screwdriver to bend the miniusb port as suggested by randomroyalty but that doesn't seem to work. I tried wiggling the cable around at the miniusb port to see if any abnormal contacts will make it respond but the phone never responds to wiggles. It just continues the charge loop. This makes me think its a hardware issue (on the mainboard itself) not the miniusb plug.

Then I tried wireless charger.. and to my surprise the phone start charging .. no more charge loop. However, the miniusb still does not work.. the phone will still go in to charge loop if charged using the miniusb.

So now I'm stuck with wireless charging only..

Note -
    1) I have not tried hard reset
    2) Phone has never been dropped
    3) I have always used the magnetic charging cable, so I have not put any frequent forces thru the miniusb port
    4) Battery disconnected pops up when the phone is turned ON and when I plug in the charging cable. Happens on both normal charger and QC 2.0 charger.

Update - Hard Reset performed but problem still persist.
    Last edited by specg; 01-14-16 at 07:45 PM.
    01-14-16 04:45 PM
    Thanks for spending the time to read my post guys..

Just wanted to update.. I tried using a small screwdriver to bend the miniusb port as suggested by randomroyalty but that doesn't seem to work. I tried wiggling the cable around at the miniusb port to see if any abnormal contacts will make it respond but the phone never responds to wiggles. It just continues the charge loop. This makes me think its a hardware issue (on the mainboard itself) not the miniusb plug.

Then I tried wireless charger.. and to my surprise the phone start charging .. no more charge loop. However, the miniusb still does not work.. the phone will still go in to charge loop if charged using the miniusb.

So now I'm stuck with wireless charging only..

Note -
    1) I have not tried hard reset
    2) Phone has never been dropped
    3) I have always used the magnetic charging cable, so I have not put any frequent forces thru the miniusb port
    4) Battery disconnected pops up when the phone is turned ON and when I plug in the charging cable. Happens on both normal charger and QC 2.0 charger.
    Magnetic charging cable?
    01-14-16 06:29 PM
    Don't worry about it. I have never had a USB port that didn't have a little bit of 'play'.

Just plug it in and let it charge. Don't move it around because you may make it worse. If you 'wiggle' the cable and the charging bolt disappears from the battery icon, then you've got a problem. But seriously, don't go wiggling it just because of this forum thread, creating a problem in your head only...

OK I got home about an hour ago and plugged the Priv into my PlayBook charger (using the PB cable), and it charged from 80% to 100% within about 30 minutes. Now I have to troubleshoot to figure out if the original cable and adapter in the Priv box really ARE faulty, or if it's the power outlets in my office, although I doubt the latter. Will update this tomorrow or over the weekend.
    01-14-16 07:13 PM
    OK I got home about an hour ago and plugged the Priv into my PlayBook charger (using the PB cable), and it charged from 80% to 100% within about 30 minutes. Now I have to troubleshoot to figure out if the original cable and adapter in the Priv box really ARE faulty, or if it's the power outlets in my office, although I doubt the latter. Will update this tomorrow or over the weekend.
    Good to see you were able to charge with pb charger, that's important. Obviously, haha
    01-14-16 08:01 PM
    Magnetic charging cable?

http://www.amazon.com/HFORVER-Magnet...UvbUpU12209654
    DaFoxGrey and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    01-14-16 09:40 PM
    And this is why removable batteries should be standard.
    FF22, lift, andy957 and 1 others like this.
    01-15-16 02:26 PM
    Very interesting. Although UNavailable.
    01-15-16 03:58 PM
    And really, really bad reviews. My Plantronics Voyager has a magnetic USB, so I knew what it was, just not how it applied to the Priv.
    It sucks. It's the only thing I don't like about the Voyager.
    01-15-16 04:16 PM
    Return it. Get another and better Android phone!

Pasaporte Pilipinas� | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    01-15-16 08:15 PM
    And really, really bad reviews. My Plantronics Voyager has a magnetic USB, so I knew what it was, just not how it applied to the Priv.
    It sucks. It's the only thing I don't like about the Voyager.
    The one on the BB Playbook was terrific. Particularly, since folks did seem to have problems with its usb and hdmi ports (confusing them or since it was a relatively new size, trying to insert upsidedown.
    01-15-16 08:17 PM
    I guess the idea is sound, if properly implemented. If the magnets are strong enough, it seems like pulling to disconnect would just pull the plug-in piece out. Never had a Play Book, I have no idea how many times I tried to plug charging cable inti HDMI on Z10. I love the wireless charging.
    01-16-16 06:44 AM
    Hey, specg.. you mention that you have used many usb cables but are you using the charger and cable that came with your PRIV device? Also, for the hard reset, did you press and hold the power key for a full 32 seconds without releasing the power key? This will simulate a battery pull and should recover the device from any failed state....If you haven't tried the 32 second method, give it a go and let us know how it went.
    01-21-16 11:38 AM
    I have the ATT wireless -1. I went through three chargers I even used the playbook charger. After reading other people's post I bought

[Qualcomm Certified] AUKEY 18W Single Port USB Turbo Wall Charger Fast Charger with Quick Charge 2.0; Includes a 3.3ft Quick Charge Micro USB Cable; for Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and more - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QEX83LA...UvbUpU12221418

Since switching I no longer have that looping problem. So the Samsung and BestFire chargers work just fine. The Samsung is a pain because of the round puck. Recommend the BestFire.

BTW this port issue is why I upgraded my Classic to the wireless charging.

Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-21-16 at 06:41 PM.
    01-21-16 12:01 PM
    I have the ATT wireless -1. I went through three chargers I even used the playbook charger. After reading other people's post I bought

[Qualcomm Certified] AUKEY 18W Single Port USB Turbo Wall Charger Fast Charger with Quick Charge 2.0; Includes a 3.3ft Quick Charge Micro USB Cable; for Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and more - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QEX83LA...UvbUpU12222470

Since switching I no longer have that looping problem.
    Yeah, Aukey and Anker are the two quick-charge manufacturers I recommend too. :-) great stuff!
    01-21-16 10:12 PM
    Yeah, Aukey and Anker are the two quick-charge manufacturers I recommend too. :-) great stuff!
    Before I bought the AUKEY wall charger I could not get a wireless charger to work. I already had the BestFire for the Classic with a PlayBook charger on it. Had the loop problem so I ordered the Samsung and one other charger could not get them to work either. Read about the AUKEY and solved the problem.

I use the 10000mAh portable charger because of the fixed batteries on both the Classic and Priv

01-21-16 11:33 PM
    Hey, specg.. you mention that you have used many usb cables but are you using the charger and cable that came with your PRIV device? Also, for the hard reset, did you press and hold the power key for a full 32 seconds without releasing the power key? This will simulate a battery pull and should recover the device from any failed state....If you haven't tried the 32 second method, give it a go and let us know how it went.
    Yea I tried the 30-32 second power switch, i even took the backcover off to physically pull the battery. Nothing worked.

Now its a paperweight on my desk...but nonetheless, I have found new love with Z5 premium running 2k desktop is a beaut.
    01-22-16 04:57 PM
    Yea I tried the 30-32 second power switch, i even took the backcover off to physically pull the battery. Nothing worked.

Now its a paperweight on my desk...but nonetheless, I have found new love with Z5 premium running 2k desktop is a beaut.
    The Xperia Z5 is an awesome phone. I want the compact version of that powerhouse.

01-22-16 09:03 PM
    My Priv wont charge anymore..purchased in Nov. I've been using QC 2.0 all the time since new.

Tried normal charger etc.. other cables etc.. no avail.

Now that the battery has drained it just goes into charge loop.. it vibrates, then red light comes on.. then red light turns off, screen shows battery empty at 0%.. and then it vibrates again and red light comes on.. and so on..

seems like battery is gone
    12-11-16 02:01 PM
28 12