That's what I'm thinking. I love the phone but it's driving me nuts. It took a half hour to install four apps last night. Crackberry being one of them.
    03-02-17 08:08 AM
    I spoke to BlackBerry and for what it's worth, they said they're going to look at Verizon's build. Verizon feels it's software and the rep I spoke to said the same thing. I'll also post some images using the regular camera and third party apps so you's guys can see the difference.
    03-02-17 08:10 AM
    Just this morning, catching up on updates, I downloaded and installed 29 apps and it did not take more than about 10-15 minutes. Again, Verizon build that was mentioned above.

This included one app that included the "large app, use wifi or data" type of prompt.
    03-02-17 09:39 AM
    This is odd. This is my fourth PRIV now with these issues. I love the phone, I'd hate to have to switch to something else.
    03-02-17 11:03 AM
    Okay here are some examples of the differences in photo quality. Every third party app spits out the awful quality while the good ones are obviously the main camera app. All of my PRIV's running marshmallow do this. The Lollipop one I had last year did not.
    Attached Thumbnails My PRIV is wonky!-img_20170302_1417351.jpg   My PRIV is wonky!-img_20170302_1419108.jpg   My PRIV is wonky!-snapchat-447023183.jpg   My PRIV is wonky!-snapchat-1217303602.jpg  
    03-02-17 01:30 PM
    Are the settings the same between OS versions for the camera? I have had default things change before.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 01:53 PM
    Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. Camera's up to date, permissions are fine, I've even went ahead and deleted the camera data under settings to start it off fresh.
    03-02-17 05:00 PM
    Which app did you use for the bad pictures? I notice Facebook and snap chat both take awful photos regardless of the phone I use, so I just take photos with the camera App and then send that in the apps if I want a high quality photo.

I feel like those apps are optimized for particular phones, probably more mainstream devices like Samsung.
    When I use third party camera apps, which are actually camera apps (not social media with a camera button) the photos come out exactly like the BlackBerry camera App, so I can't really say this is BlackBerrys fault just yet.

About installing apps, when I first got my priv I noticed it was running very hot, slow, and battery wearing out quickly. This calmed down after a few days, but I kept looking at which apps were using battery.

At times, the camera App would use 30% of my battery, other times the "google" app would use 10%, even though I had used it once to look at the weather it was still keeping the phone awake in the background.

I'd say give it a few days and keep an eye on rogue apps draining the battery. When the phone gets hot it will inevitably slow down because the processor will throttle.
    03-02-17 05:10 PM
    Okay here are some examples of the differences in photo quality. Every third party app spits out the awful quality while the good ones are obviously the main camera app. All of my PRIV's running marshmallow do this. The Lollipop one I had last year did not.
    Well, I see 2 big problems right off the bat! First, you obviously like hockey! Second, you are likely from New Jersey! Fix those two and you'll be good to go!
    Eustis99 likes this.
    03-02-17 05:20 PM
    This was the snapchat app. Instagram, amazon, and others do it as well. If anybody on here uses a Priv and any of these apps, could you post some samples to show what quality yours spit out? I'd appreciate it!
    03-02-17 05:29 PM
    Yes! Love hockey and I'm from northern NJ too lol Go Devils! Although they are horrendous as of now.
    03-02-17 05:30 PM
    This was the snapchat app. Instagram, amazon, and others do it as well. If anybody on here uses a Priv and any of these apps, could you post some samples to show what quality yours spit out? I'd appreciate it!
    I know Snapchat is a flaming pile of garbage on Android, but I'm guessing (just out of the blue) it might have something to do with the camera API? The same photo on Telegram is much worse than the standard Camera app on my DTEK60 (which would make it a software issue).
    03-02-17 06:44 PM
37 12