Blue tooth kills my battery and my phone gets so hot you tube and Facebook overheats browser use as well maybe from the last update ? Starting to really miss my Z30
    Attached Thumbnails my priv over heats all the time-78871.jpg  
    04-05-17 01:40 PM
    Don't feel bad, I've been experiencing the same thing. I found that the All-In-One Toolbox app helps out.
    04-05-17 04:11 PM
    It really is bad. You can't keep any apps open or it will overheat or freeze. And anyone that tells you that using all the phones RAM is okay for Android is nuts. The OS uses way more than it should on the Priv and when you hit 97% of RAM used the phone is basically useless.
    04-05-17 05:03 PM
    OP,did you just get your Priv? How current are you with updates? Are you running Lollipop or Marshmallow?
    04-05-17 06:05 PM
    I had a similar issue and removed everything from the hub except for emails. Works like a dream now, rarely ever lags now. My tip off was my texts (via default texting app) occasionally not switching to unread in certain chats no matter what I did. I even restored the system and reinstalled things multiple times before trying this. I just figured it was a laggy device overall. I can't believe it was the hub not playing nice with certain accounts the whole time. The Hub ONLY handles my e-mails + phone log now. Debating disabling it entirely and switching to another e-mail app... I will really miss snoozing e-mails though. Naturally, battery life has also improved. Maybe give this a shot and see if it helps at all. Doesn't hurt to try, your notifications will still appear in their proprietary apps.
    04-05-17 07:43 PM
    Interesting. How did you remove text messages as a Hub account? There seems to only be an option to not display on the account tab.
    04-05-17 08:19 PM
    Download Doze from the play store, and use Opera Mini Browser. All other browsers seems to get hot. Intense Graphic Gaming always gets hot...sorry to say. But gaming is not why you buy a BlackBerry
    04-05-17 10:01 PM
    I suspect a problem with your device, my priv has always gotten warm to the touch when surfing and quite warm when playing intensive video games, but I have NEVER seen that "overheat warning".
    04-06-17 02:11 AM
    Interesting. How did you remove text messages as a Hub account? There seems to only be an option to not display on the account tab.
    That's it. So you go to the hamburger menu in the Hub, hit Settings. Under the "Accounts" heading, press "Text Messages" and then just disable the "display on account tab". I think that's enough. But I also have it disabled under the Views option, unsure if it makes a difference since I likely disabled both at the same time. So go back to the Settings menu, under the "Views" heading press "Blackberry Hub" and "Text Messages" is un-checkmarked there. All of my other accounts are still listed under "Accounts" in the Hub, but they're all disabled save for 4 email accounts + call logs.
    04-06-17 12:09 PM
    My Bluetooth is on 24-7 because I use a smart watch, and have never experienced battery drain, nor overheating. Must be a combination of apps.
    04-06-17 02:15 PM
    When I play temple run for an extended period, it overheats on me. Probably won't take it 5 minutes before the cooldown message comes on.
    04-10-17 03:29 PM
    That's weird.

My Priv sometimes has a notification saying that the phone's getting hot but it's just an unobtrusive notification banner, not a Gingerbread-era dialog like this.
    And it only happens when working hard while wirelessly charging or in the car. Interesting.
    04-10-17 05:15 PM
    For the first time, I got the overheating warning. I had it out of the case and on the wireless charger while connected to WiFi. I rarely connect it to WiFi while charging. Maybe that had something to do with it? It quickly cooled after I removed it from the charger.
    04-10-17 10:32 PM
    For the first time, I got the overheating warning. I had it out of the case and on the wireless charger while connected to WiFi. I rarely connect it to WiFi while charging. Maybe that had something to do with it? It quickly cooled after I removed it from the charger.
    it was primarily the wireless charging, perhaps being connected to Wi-Fi started a lot of background tasks like app updating and file uploads if you use a cloud storage service?
    04-11-17 03:09 AM
    Have the same problem, factory reset the device twice, Facebook isn't installed and I need Bluetooth for my smartwatch and battery is horrible and also music playback over bluetooth is spotty! Really frustrating!
    04-11-17 06:22 AM

A typical day for me. Ridiculous. Not a $700 experience.
    04-12-17 10:09 PM
    Hi there,

Purchased new Priv-4 last month, wiped it clean and installed latest updates to 6.0.1

Updated all 147 apps and after first 24 hours everything has synchronised and settled down. Hub is not a patch on os10 and I'am using Gmail and Outlook apps for email.

Am I happy with the Priv (yes) would I buy another one (no) - Samsung Galaxy S7 edge nails it in every respect and the only reason for buying a Priv is the keyboard

Thank god I am not having any issue on my Priv,
    04-12-17 10:41 PM