Where do you find the "Wireless Settings" on the priv? I can't find this.

Thank you for your help!
    09-14-16 06:06 PM
    Where did you find the Wireless Settings on the priv? I can't find this.

Thanks for the help!
    09-14-16 06:07 PM
    It's not visible right now, but i think it was in Settings -> More -> Cellular Network.
    09-14-16 07:21 PM
    So i bought the phone today from a third party guy, saying the phone was unlocked and so i tried putting my new sim in from virgin and they gave me numbers to enter but ended up MEP blocking my phone too and found out the original carrier was rogers. My phone provider has no idea what to do, so how do i manually reset this and make sure i have the right codes ?

thanks,
    09-14-16 10:07 PM
    It works! Thanks!
    What a bug, but there's always a solution!

So if you have this "Enter PUK" message your BB Priv is liked MEP Blocked, try reloading OS from fastboot and manually enter "Network Unlock PIN" from Wireless Setttings. It's worth the shot.

A big thanks to @Fakm Gaming@ and the others for showing me the light. Appreciate it.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-04-16 10:50 PM
    After doing that process, mine says: SIM network unlock PIN
    And I'm waiting for the code

Still following @Fakm Gaming@ posts I went to Wireless Settings (now without my sim card on the phone) and found the "Enter Network Unlock code" which I promptly use with the right unlock code provided to me by AT&T and their website (att.com/deviceunlock) and got a message confirming that the code was successfully accepted (I was so happy!)
    10-05-16 08:44 AM
    If I have AT&T branded...can I use the non-US carrier software version?

Never mind. Got my answer...its NO.

Reloading OS and entering unlock code without SIM doesn't work for refurbished AT&T phone
    01-24-17 05:32 PM
    I found this thread after spending hours on the phone/computer/mobile talking/chatting/email with my eBay Seller, Blackberry and AT&T with no luck and after solving my problem I figure that I should share my findings.

I've got a BB Priv from eBay that was supposed to be unlocked but it wasn't. The unlock code didn't came with the box. I neved had an lock device before, when I got the "Network Unlock PIN" I had no idea what to enter. Of course I end up like the others here with the "Enter PUK" msg. which after long hours on the phone with Blackberry I figured out that it was a bug in the Blackberry/Android OS that should be showing "MEP Locked" instead (of course neither my eBay seller or AT&T could assist me with this).

So, when I was about to "drop the case" and after Blackberry support called to confirm that my phone was actually MEP Locked, I decided to do a Google search and end up here in this thread.

After seeing @Fakm Gaming@ posts I end up reloading Blackberry OS with the latest auto-loader (instructions are all over Google and Blackberry site) which got me Android 6.0.1 with Sep/2016 Security Patch (Very nice since the phone came with 5.1.1 and AT&T Unlocked phones have some bug where OTT are not reaching the phones).

After inserting my sim, I was now getting a new message "MEP Blocked".

Still following @Fakm Gaming@ posts I went to Wireless Settings (now without my sim card on the phone) and found the "Enter Network Unlock code" which I promptly use with the right unlock code provided to me by AT&T and their website (att.com/deviceunlock) and got a message confirming that the code was successfully accepted (I was so happy!)

After that I powered my Priv off and inserted my sim card (from a carrier in Ecuador/South America), then after turning on the device I was able to use it with my carrier without any problems or error/block messages.

I even tried with another sim card from another carrier and after a manual factory reset, everything is now working fine, even LTE.

So if you have this "Enter PUK" message your BB Priv is liked MEP Blocked, try reloading OS from fastboot and manually enter "Network Unlock PIN" from Wireless Setttings. It's worth the shot.

A big thanks to @Fakm Gaming@ and the others for showing me the light. Appreciate it.

After following this procedure i got black Screen with Blackberry written on it! cant reload it or turn off. NEED HELP PLEASE
    05-31-17 05:33 PM
    After following this procedure i got black Screen with Blackberry written on it! cant reload it or turn off. NEED HELP PLEASE
    Sorry about your problem. What were you trying to do? How far did you get? Was the phone working fine before this?

Have you tried rebooting (see below).

Or have you contacted your carrier? You might try using an Autoloader for your model of Priv found in the Stickies section above the main threads.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    05-31-17 08:29 PM
    Hi everyone!
    I've bought a refurbished unlocked BB Priv on ebay. And looks like I've run out number of tries for entering network unlock code. Now I'm getting screen with message Device is MEP Blocked (see attached screen). Is there any workaround to reset counter and enter unlock code?
    Attached Thumbnails My Priv is MEP locked, what can I do?-rtndownloadfile.jpg  
    07-19-17 07:47 AM
    After failing entering the correct mep code a few times it security Locks the phone!? Question was the phone stolen or network blocked by carrier!? Only the original network carrier can provide the mep code for you! Unfortunately you need to stop trying to enter as it does lock te device and only mep unlock code can lift it!
    07-19-17 08:07 AM
    The carrier controls the mep unlock codes all they have to do is look up you IMEI and sim card and they can give you the mep code! Sometimes they are reluctant but only if you don't pass security check! I can't see it as an issue! The mep lock code is tied in with your Sim card! Been reading the threads here and sounds like you guys bought stolen phones!
    07-19-17 08:13 AM
    I've requested an unlock code from AT&T and received it. But for now I don't have an input field to enter code. Is my phone locked forever?
    07-19-17 08:16 AM
    Can you reboot the phone. Hold down the power button for 32 seconds or until it vibrates and reboots. Ignore the pop ups.
    07-19-17 04:47 PM
    Yes. I've to flash new firmware. Didn't help.
    07-20-17 01:09 AM
40 12