i bought this new Blackberry priv Att unlocked and when i entered My sim which is not an at&t it asked for unlock code so i contacted my seller about it and he said the code is on box now after trying a code on the box my phone is MEP locked which i don't even know what it does mean and it seems i'm the only one having this problem, any help ?
    Last edited by albadi88; 07-13-16 at 09:23 PM.
    07-13-16 08:02 PM
    If you permanently locked it after 10 tries there is no way to unlock it. Maybe if we get root, but thats not likely.
    Only other way to do it is BlackBerry bit they won't unlock carrier locked phones.

If you guys where not provided the code, what where you putting in?
    Did the phone come with all attempts exhausted.

When unlocking phones if it does not work after second attempt I stop and contact the provider of the code.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

MEP locked is another way of saying the phone is SIM locked.

When you tried the code, did it show anything about how many tries you had left to unlock the phone?
    07-13-16 09:26 PM
    unfortunately I used all my opportunities.
    07-13-16 09:47 PM
    Oh, that's not good. The phone is locked to AT&T now.
    07-13-16 10:10 PM
    Yeah that's no bueno. Maybe you got a bad code. Was this a recent ebay purchase? If so I have the same one, I bet.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-13-16 10:37 PM
    If possible, go to att.com/deviceunlock and request an unlock code. You should meet the requirements, so hopefully you will get it in two-three business days. Then, compare it with the one the eBay seller sent you. If they're different, you have a case against the seller.

Also, how many tries did you start out with?
    07-14-16 12:11 AM
    Yeah that's no bueno. Maybe you got a bad code. Was this a recent ebay purchase? If so I have the same one, I bet.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    If possible, go to att.com/deviceunlock and request an unlock code. You should meet the requirements, so hopefully you will get it in two-three business days. Then, compare it with the one the eBay seller sent you. If they're different, you have a case against the seller.

Also, how many tries did you start out with?
    the seller kept saying the unlock code is on box but there wasn't any unlock codes.

and after asking for an unlock code from AT&T it was already late saying MEP blocked and now i'm wondering if there is anyway to unlock it ?
    07-14-16 07:19 AM
    the seller kept saying the unlock code is on box but there wasn't any unlock codes.

and after asking for an unlock code from AT&T it was already late saying MEP blocked and now i'm wondering if there is anyway to unlock it ?
    So what were you trying to unlock the phone with? You can't use up the tries unless you enter an (incorrect) code.

There's no way to unlock it now. I'll double check, but I don't think there's DM3-type unlocking available for the Priv.
    07-14-16 11:29 AM
    So what were you trying to unlock the phone with? You can't use up the tries unless you enter an (incorrect) code.

There's no way to unlock it now. I'll double check, but I don't think there's DM3-type unlocking available for the Priv.
    07-15-16 03:41 PM
    I've got the exact issue. MEP Locked on AT&T network BlackBerry Priv. No idea what to do.
    07-15-16 03:44 PM
    I've got the exact issue. MEP Locked on AT&T network BlackBerry Priv. No idea what to do.
    Did you buy yours from eBay as well? Did you expend 10 or more tries or was it fewer?

Regardless, the phone is locked to AT&T now. I would go after the seller IF they did something wrong such as provide you with an incorrect code (you would need to get a different code from AT&T to prove this.)
    07-15-16 04:53 PM
    Same Problem here...but with a Canadian phone bought directly from Telus. Was giving a code tried to many times and now is MEP blocked. Will flashing OS help with this? I called telus they said i would have to send it in see they can re-flash the device...any suggestions? Literally spent $700 to not be able to use this phone ...any help would be greatly appreciated please.
    07-15-16 05:00 PM
    After numerous unsuccessful attempts, is there no notification on the screen telling you that you guys are about to exhaust all available tries?

@Fakm Gaming, I would take Telus up on the offer, if they're guaranteeing a result and/or not charging too much to check it out.
    07-15-16 05:09 PM
    No Raino, nothing came up for me unfortunetly...I am wondering if i can use the Auto-loader and install/flash OS would help?

I would take up Telus on the offer, but im not with Telus im with Rogers, I would have to get a pre-paid plan and go through all the motions.
    07-15-16 05:16 PM
    No Raino, nothing came up for me unfortunetly...I am wondering if i can use the Auto-loader and install/flash OS would help?
    You could try using the autoloader to reinstall an OS, but I don't think it will work--it isn't usually this easy. But I suppose you don't have anything to lose, do you?

Just back up anything you need to before you use the autoloader.
    07-15-16 06:42 PM
    If you permanently locked it after 10 tries there is no way to unlock it. Maybe if we get root, but thats not likely.
    Only other way to do it is BlackBerry bit they won't unlock carrier locked phones.

If you guys where not provided the code, what where you putting in?
    Did the phone come with all attempts exhausted.

When unlocking phones if it does not work after second attempt I stop and contact the provider of the code.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    raino and FF22 like this.
    07-15-16 08:06 PM
    AWESOME news you guys...I just got home and did a OS re-install and the MEP blocked is gone and I can now enter my unlock code again..I will make sure I get a legit one this time.
    raino likes this.
    07-15-16 08:53 PM
    AWESOME news you guys...I just got home and did a OS re-install and the MEP blocked is gone and I can now enter my unlock code again..I will make sure I get a legit one this time.
    What did you do, exactly? Maybe it will help the other two people out...
    07-15-16 08:55 PM
    Ok guys. My Device was MEP Blocked after being provided the wrong/incorrect lock code.

Follow these instructions
    Reload BlackBerry Priv OS - Global
    07-15-16 09:03 PM
    Sorry I cant post links.
    1) Follow the instructions on the Crackberry website to reinstall OS for Blackberry Priv using auto loader.
    2) The dload link is down or wasnt working for me. So go to google and type "global blackberry reload blackberry OS" click first link check your Model # in settings>about.

Download the USB Drivers and the correct software version.

follow the instructions on how to fast boot your phone. Run the batch file provided.

*Please do at your own risk, if you dont know what your doing please dont try it will brick your phone.

If you need help message me.

Fakm
    FF22 likes this.
    07-15-16 09:08 PM
    Sorry I cant post links.
    1) Follow the instructions on the Crackberry website to reinstall OS for Blackberry Priv using auto loader.
    2) The dload link is down or wasnt working for me. So go to google and type "global blackberry reload blackberry OS" click first link check your Model # in settings>about.

Download the USB Drivers and the correct software version.

follow the instructions on how to fast boot your phone. Run the batch file provided.

*Please do at your own risk, if you dont know what your doing please dont try it will brick your phone.

If you need help message me.

Fakm
    Can you help me with this step by step... I have the same issue with me priv
    08-11-16 02:34 PM
    I'm in the same situation. Just did this procedure and it's not better.
    Phone still asking for PUK and after first boot there was an information that the device is MEP locked...
    Any ideas anyone?

--
    Kiermek
    08-30-16 06:35 PM
    I found this thread after spending hours on the phone/computer/mobile talking/chatting/email with my eBay Seller, Blackberry and AT&T with no luck and after solving my problem I figure that I should share my findings.

I've got a BB Priv from eBay that was supposed to be unlocked but it wasn't. The unlock code didn't came with the box. I neved had an lock device before, when I got the "Network Unlock PIN" I had no idea what to enter. Of course I end up like the others here with the "Enter PUK" msg. which after long hours on the phone with Blackberry I figured out that it was a bug in the Blackberry/Android OS that should be showing "MEP Locked" instead (of course neither my eBay seller or AT&T could assist me with this).

So, when I was about to "drop the case" and after Blackberry support called to confirm that my phone was actually MEP Locked, I decided to do a Google search and end up here in this thread.

After seeing @Fakm Gaming@ posts I end up reloading Blackberry OS with the latest auto-loader (instructions are all over Google and Blackberry site) which got me Android 6.0.1 with Sep/2016 Security Patch (Very nice since the phone came with 5.1.1 and AT&T Unlocked phones have some bug where OTT are not reaching the phones).

After inserting my sim, I was now getting a new message "MEP Blocked".

Still following @Fakm Gaming@ posts I went to Wireless Settings (now without my sim card on the phone) and found the "Enter Network Unlock code" which I promptly use with the right unlock code provided to me by AT&T and their website (att.com/deviceunlock) and got a message confirming that the code was successfully accepted (I was so happy!)

After that I powered my Priv off and inserted my sim card (from a carrier in Ecuador/South America), then after turning on the device I was able to use it with my carrier without any problems or error/block messages.

I even tried with another sim card from another carrier and after a manual factory reset, everything is now working fine, even LTE.

So if you have this "Enter PUK" message your BB Priv is liked MEP Blocked, try reloading OS from fastboot and manually enter "Network Unlock PIN" from Wireless Setttings. It's worth the shot.

A big thanks to @Fakm Gaming@ and the others for showing me the light. Appreciate it.
    FF22, newcollector and Wezard like this.
    09-09-16 08:22 PM
    I'm in the same situation. Just did this procedure and it's not better.
    Phone still asking for PUK and after first boot there was an information that the device is MEP locked...
    Any ideas anyone?

--
    Kiermek
    Have you tried going to Wireless Settings without the sim card inserted on the phone? There should be a "Unlock" option in the menu. At least it worked for me here...
    Wezard and FF22 like this.
    09-12-16 11:38 AM
    Have you tried going to Wireless Settings without the sim card inserted on the phone? There should be a "Unlock" option in the menu. At least it worked for me here...
    Jackpot! You'r my saviour! Worked fine.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-16 02:12 AM
40 12