I just disabled most of the Google Apps. I never use them. Surprisingly, the Priv is much faster now. I was getting a bit of lag when switching to the Hub, but no more. What a difference.
    04-22-17 03:06 PM
    Wow, that's bold...been wanting to do that for a long time but scared of google reprisal....gonna do it! Thanx

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 03:53 PM
    Yep, I disabled many google apps soon after I got my priv. One comment though, it seems unless you allow the Chrome app you can't get voice when using Firefox, and other apps that can use voice. Textra has its own, so that's okay.

I think it's chrome, if not then one of the other google apps.
    PHughes likes this.
    04-22-17 03:59 PM
    Yep, I disabled many google apps soon after I got my priv. One comment though, it seems unless you allow the Chrome app you can't get voice when using Firefox, and other apps that can use voice. Textra has its own, so that's okay.

I think it's chrome, if not then one of the other google apps.
    Yeah, I left Chrome, Maps and Google. I don't use Chrome directly, but left it. I do use Maps occasionally, very occasionally though. Everything else is disabled.

I was just shocked at the difference it made. I believe some update, of one of the apps I disabled, along the way slowed things down.
    04-22-17 05:11 PM
    Change the animations setting to 0.5x in developer settings and then reboot your phone. I saw this in another thread and tried it and the results are amazing. And I wasn't unhappy with the performance of my Priv. But doing this helped tremendously.
    04-23-17 06:57 AM
    Change the animations setting to 0.5x in developer settings and then reboot your phone. I saw this in another thread and tried it and the results are amazing. And I wasn't unhappy with the performance of my Priv. But doing this helped tremendously.
    Did that a long time ago. Thanks.
    04-24-17 12:22 AM
    I still highly recommend reducing the resolution to FullHD instead of QHD. I get around 7 hours of screen on time and my PRIV never heats up (except for playing demanding games).
    04-24-17 01:14 AM
    I still highly recommend reducing the resolution to FullHD instead of QHD. I get around 7 hours of screen on time and my PRIV never heats up (except for playing demanding games).
    Where do you do that?
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-24-17 01:23 AM
    Where do you do that?
    Through adb.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mrate-1093326/
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-24-17 01:48 AM
    What the? I had no idea this was possible!! Thanks
    04-24-17 07:12 AM
    There are a number of process or even carrier apps that can be disabled (but not uninstalled). https://forum.xda-developers.com/ Not sure if anyone has done a breakdown for the PRIV, but there are some generic list there.

That said, some of these can affect functionality. Like having your phone backed up all the time, or getting a notification you need to leave early for a meeting across town due to changes in traffic or bus schedules.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-24-17 02:32 PM
    Mine doesn't heat up now.
    04-24-17 10:38 PM