Yesterday afternoon I was out mowing the lawn with my trusty Priv in my front pocket like always. I had some bluetooth headphones on listening to music and all of a sudden the music stopped. When it didn't come back on after a few seconds I reached to check my phone which was not in my pocket where I left it. After a quick look around me it was no where to be seen and then I noticed a scattered pile of shiny, tiny bits about ten feet away. Needless to say though my Sedio Surface case was great it was no match for the 52" cutting deck and it's whirling blades of destruction.

I'm back on my trusty Classic, currently a very pleasant, nostalgic experience, but one I'm sure will be all too short lived. I was very happy with my Priv but maybe this is the universe telling me I really needed to get the Keyone. Here's hoping for a timely release.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 01:20 PM
    Ouch... Sorry for your lost.

You may be onto a new trend.

But how well does it Mow?
    Last edited by deremi; 04-03-17 at 06:06 PM.
    04-03-17 01:49 PM
    Mows like a champion didn't notice shredding the Priv at all.

Posted via CB10
    andreirad likes this.
    04-03-17 02:14 PM
    That hurts just to think about it. 😱
    FF22 and Mirko935 like this.
    04-03-17 02:42 PM
    time to get a keyone
    04-03-17 03:25 PM
    I'm sorry but this is hilarious. LOL
    Mirko935 likes this.
    04-03-17 04:58 PM
    OwwwwWw. I cringe at the thought of the sound lol

Pesky moths (meuths?).

Wonder if Square Trade covers mowers? Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 05:30 PM
    Yesterday was full of anger, mourning, and more than a little embarrassment but a little time has cast things in a decidedly more humorous light.

Posted via CB10
    PHughes, lasoiveille and FF22 like this.
    04-03-17 05:37 PM
    I totally just tried too list mine in the market. But I guess I have not posted enough. I bought an *cough* iphone se *cough* for running. I don't like to carry anything with me while running and my wife worries.

Now that I can't post in the market I feel like it's a sign I shouldn't let go of my priv.
    04-03-17 05:40 PM
    As I was reading this, I was hoping that the outcome wasn't what you said it was. Sorry to hear about your Priv.

The good news is that the Priv is at a great price point right now. Getting another one wouldn't be all that pricey. On the other hand, the keyone is right around the corner.

It is definitely a win-win choice in my opinion.
    04-03-17 06:15 PM
    Oh man sorry to hear that! That really stinks.
    04-03-17 06:54 PM
    Yesterday was full of anger, mourning, and more than a little embarrassment but a little time has cast things in a decidedly more humorous light.

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad it's getting so you feel a little humor in it (but still, it really stinks!!). If you don't mind my curiosity, though, did the SIM card actually survive? I don't know why but little details like that are popping into my head as I try to imagine that awful scenario...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 07:07 PM
    The Sim did not make it or at the very least I couldn't find it. I made a trip to the Verizon store to pick up a new one first thing this morning.

Posted via CB10
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    04-03-17 07:12 PM
    Oh well. I thought it might be a long shot lol here's hoping your next device will fair much better and have many years like that Classic!!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 07:34 PM
    Yesterday afternoon I was out mowing the lawn with my trusty Priv in my front pocket like always. I had some bluetooth headphones on listening to music and all of a sudden the music stopped. When it didn't come back on after a few seconds I reached to check my phone which was not in my pocket where I left it. After a quick look around me it was no where to be seen and then I noticed a scattered pile of shiny, tiny bits about ten feet away. Needless to say though my Sedio Surface case was great it was no match for the 52" cutting deck and it's whirling blades of destruction.

I'm back on my trusty Classic, currently a very pleasant, nostalgic experience, but one I'm sure will be all too short lived. I was very happy with my Priv but maybe this is the universe telling me I really needed to get the Keyone. Here's hoping for a timely release.

Posted via CB10
    This has taught me a lesson. I need to get a backup device. Having a classic as a backup wouldn't be a bad idea.
    04-03-17 07:41 PM
    This has taught me a lesson. I need to get a backup device. Having a classic as a backup wouldn't be a bad idea.
    The lesson it taught me is a bit more direct - do not mow!!! Never mind with a device in the pocket!
    04-03-17 08:42 PM
    So OP, you're essentially saying that BlackBerry can't build a durable phone eh?
    At the very least I'd ask for a refund from the case manufacturer.
    04-03-17 08:53 PM
    I started to take a picture of the remains to send to BlackBerry and Sedio but the camera on my classic doesn't work .

Posted via CB10
    lasoiveille likes this.
    04-04-17 09:02 AM
    As the current John Deer TV commercial says "It's not how well you mow but how well you mow fast"

l
    04-04-17 11:19 AM
    Looks like you just looking for an excuse to get keyone to me...

Posted from  Passport :Red Edition
    04-04-17 01:31 PM
    You'd better check the pocket on those jeans while you're contemplating your next device.
    04-04-17 02:18 PM
    My wife suggested that if I were to buy a nice new shiny KEYone, that I should also invest in a more secure means of carrying it than my pocket, between laughs as I relayed the story.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-17 03:28 PM
    You shredded the emails quicker then Hillary Clinton 😀💪👍
    04-04-17 05:29 PM
    Ouch..
    04-04-17 05:42 PM
    What, no pic? Come on, I can't be the only one that wants to see what a Priv looks like after going threw a lawn mower
    04-04-17 11:18 PM
55 123